Am I a silent minority ? Or majority ?
Posted: 13 October 2007 06:35 PM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  585
Joined  2007-10-11

To my chagrin and embarrassment I am posting for the first time here . And I’m feeling guilty because I’ve been reminded that I HAVE NOT been an active participant here .  I’m wondering just how many more there like me .
I mean I have visited this forum before but haven’t said anything.Then too, I’ve been a part of quite a few message boards before,but this one is differant . All the others have had an obvious “POST” sign and all we needed to do was click that.  How I got this far I still don’t know. For all I do know , I’m doing something wrong. Forgive me. I won’t say anything more until after I click the “submit” sign now .

Posted: 14 October 2007 12:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  414
Joined  2006-02-01

Ok. Er…so what was it you wanted to say? (I’m assuming you want to go further than just pointing out you haven’t posted before.)

Signature 

All Christians should be sent to heaven immediately.

Posted: 14 October 2007 11:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  585
Joined  2007-10-11
Occam’s Razor - 14 October 2007 04:08 AM

Ok. Er…so what was it you wanted to say? (I’m assuming you want to go further than just pointing out you haven’t posted before.)

Thanks for saying something O.Razor . Anything is better than nothing..well..almost anything !
As I said,I was wondering how I managed to post a message here because , frankly , it’s confusing !  That is- it’s that way compared to the other message boards I’ve used . Do you like the layout ? No matter, I’m not complaining!

When I read the first chapter of “End of Faith” I got a slight tingling feeling, because it was as though someone was quoting me ! Here were my thoughts ; the ones I’d been aching to say, but could’nt see myself ever writing a book.  But the world NEEDS to hear this stuff- and Sam H. was helping educate a civilization if each citizen could pay about $20.00 .

There have been those “don’t pick on Islam” reactors all over the place . You know the type- they’re the ones who, after 9/11, were more worried about hurting Muslim feelings than the victoms of that attack. Well, one of the reasons I feel so positive about Sam’s book is because he DID focus a good deal on Islam. He was absolutly right to do that. WHY ? Because Islam is a n A-1 example of religion and it’s destruction of life on earth. Mr. Harris was trying to make a point and the point was made better with his giving attention to Islam than almost all the other subjects in that book combined.
I liked the way this writer thinks . And his style was easy to read and free from all kinds of philosophical abstractions and brainy indulgence like Dawkins and Hitchins . He doesn’t seem full of himself, but I can feel his fire. I’m thinking I could possibly be his greatest fan. (But—I’m not saying he’s perfect. I do have some objections.)

Posted: 15 October 2007 05:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1814
Joined  2006-11-10

Welcome Dee,

I am sure you will be able to work out the intricacies of posting and replying on this forum.
Please don’t be discouraged. There is much to learn here and you even get the pleasure of making fun of the occasional fundie that roams this board.

Stick around and I am sure it will be worth your while.

Signature 

“You know I’m born to lose, and gambling is for fools.
But that’s the way I like it baby, I don’t want to live forever.”

From the autobiography of A.A.Mills, ‘The passage of time, according to an estranged, casual tyrant.’

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed