Eric Pearl and “The Reconnection”
Posted: 01 April 2008 06:25 AM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1538
Joined  2006-12-04

This is my mom’s latest comfort. “Dr.” Eric Pearl and his book “The Reconnection.”
Read the faq.

I’ve only seen a couple of blogs critiquing this guy and his “reconnective healing”. 

Mom is in fine health, so no worries there.  I just hate to see her and Dad buy into crap like this. “No, this is real!” Well, that’s what it says on top his page, too.

Any thoughts on this guy are appreciated, as well as any input on some caring but pithy responses to an easily swayed mother.

Thanks.

[ Edited: 01 April 2008 04:59 PM by Aaron]
 Signature 

“The hands that help are better far than the lips that pray.”
          — Robert G. Ingersoll

Posted: 01 April 2008 03:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  951
Joined  2007-06-23

Clicked on the link and got a “site not found” message. Maybe he’s already been popped for fraud.

The only thing I notice is that in his promo shot he appears to pulling his own hair. Possibly to keep himself from breaking into laughter at the notion of people actually buying his book.

Someone needs to sic James Randi on this guy.

Signature 

He who is not a misanthrope at forty can never have loved mankind  -Chamfort

Posted: 01 April 2008 04:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-12-04
mpbrockman - 01 April 2008 07:03 PM

Clicked on the link and got a “site not found” message. Maybe he’s already been popped for fraud.

The only thing I notice is that in his promo shot he appears to pulling his own hair. Possibly to keep himself from breaking into laughter at the notion of people actually buying his book.

Someone needs to sic James Randi on this guy.

The link problem was my fault. I fixed it in my post.

Signature 

— Robert G. Ingersoll

Posted: 01 April 2008 05:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-12-04
Jefe - 01 April 2008 01:30 PM

Sorry, I have no real comment.

When confronted with self-help books like “The Reconnection” and “The Secret” my mind tends to automatically file them under “Woo” and leave them there unless evidence suggests this initial classification is incorrect.

I do that, too. But Mom claims “it works! People have been healed!” I don’t deny the possibility. But I’m thinking, “I don’t suppose this man would lie to a rapt public, now would he?”

Signature 

— Robert G. Ingersoll

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed