Snakes Alive!! A Eugene Curiosity
Posted: 18 April 2008 02:55 PM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3765
Joined  2007-03-11

I didn’t know exactly where to put this one. I know there are some Eugene, Oregon participants here. I’m wondering about this news report.

http://www.kptv.com/news/15925809/detail.html

A woman is in danger of dying because a python is constricting around her. The police officer is about to kill the snake, but the woman pleads for its life!!!  Dude, in Texas, the snake dies. But in Eugene, Oregon, the brave officer carefully removes the snake, gets some teeth in the thumb, and basically risks his own life. Moral - if you are a snake, Eugene is the place to be.

Is this normal behavior in other parts of the country?

Posted: 18 April 2008 03:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2927
Joined  2006-12-17
Bruce Burleson - 18 April 2008 06:55 PM

I didn’t know exactly where to put this one. I know there are some Eugene, Oregon participants here. I’m wondering about this news report.

http://www.kptv.com/news/15925809/detail.html

A woman is in danger of dying because a python is constricting around her. The police officer is about to kill the snake, but the woman pleads for its life!!!  Dude, in Texas, the snake dies. But in Eugene, Oregon, the brave officer carefully removes the snake, gets some teeth in the thumb, and basically risks his own life. Moral - if you are a snake, Eugene is the place to be.

Is this normal behavior in other parts of the country?

The snakes in Texas usually come in a more human variety, snakekind realized that they were toast in Texas (or is that Texas Toast) unless they went undercover.  grin

Posted: 18 April 2008 04:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3765
Joined  2007-03-11

[quote author=“burt”]The snakes in Texas usually come in a more human variety, snakekind realized that they were toast in Texas (or is that Texas Toast) unless they went undercover.  grin

So, you are agreeing with the Genesis account that, in fact, snakes can walk under certain circumstances? In essence, are you saying that Texas is the Garden of Eden? I hope I’m not missing your meaning here.

Posted: 18 April 2008 07:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2927
Joined  2006-12-17
Bruce Burleson - 18 April 2008 08:14 PM

[quote author=“burt”]The snakes in Texas usually come in a more human variety, snakekind realized that they were toast in Texas (or is that Texas Toast) unless they went undercover.  grin

So, you are agreeing with the Genesis account that, in fact, snakes can walk under certain circumstances? In essence, are you saying that Texas is the Garden of Eden? I hope I’m not missing your meaning here.

The two legged kind (recently watched No Country for Old Men so got refreshed on some of those).  Garden of Eden—not quite, if it wasn’t for Cleveland there are parts of Texas that might qualify for a somewhat lower designation.  On the other hand, Austin is nice.

Posted: 19 April 2008 11:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  951
Joined  2007-06-23
Bruce Burleson - 18 April 2008 08:14 PM

In essence, are you saying that Texas is the Garden of Eden?

“A certain American religious sect has been looking at conditions of the world during the Flood. According to their calculations, during the Flood the winds, tides and currents were in an overall southeasterly direction. This would mean that in order for Noah’s Ark to have ended up on Mount Ararat, it would have to have started out several thousand miles to the west. This would then locate pre-Flood civilization somewhere in the area of Upstate New York, and the Garden of Eden roughly in New York City.

Now, in order to get from one place to another, something must move. No one in New York remembers moving, and there are no traces of Biblical history in the Upstate New York area. So we are led to the only available conclusion in this time warp, and that is that the Ark has simply not left yet”

-Laurie Anderson, United States Parts I-IV

I hope this clears things up.

Signature 

He who is not a misanthrope at forty can never have loved mankind  -Chamfort

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed