Continuing Education Catalog
Posted: 06 September 2008 04:32 PM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  94
Joined  2008-08-14

Just received the Fall “Adult And Continuing Education” catalog that goes out to all residents of my town. The catalog lists many non-credit classes open to local residents (for a fee). Things like Photography, Web Publishing, Spanish 101, Cooking, Tennis, Real Estate, etc. Anyway, I was browsing through it and I noticed that these classes are being offered (I am including a brief description as written in the catalog):

REINCARNATION & KARMA
This class explains and discusses how, why, and when we choose to reincarnate and for what purpose. The Karmic laws that guide us through much of our lives will be explained in detail. Now you can understand how and to what extent your life is affected by prior incarnations and the laws of Karma.

ASTROLOGY FOR EVERYONE
Astrology is one of the most powerful tools available for understanding yourself and the types of people and events you attract. By examining your birth chart we will identify the patterns that prevent you from achieving what you want in matters of career, money, health, and all types of relationships.

THE ANGEL FORCE
Angels are among us and we all have access to them. They’re ready and willing to help us in every aspect of our lives. Learn to communicate with your angels and accept their guidance and learn how to work with specific angels on a daily basis to improve all your relationships, increase prosperity and have a more fulfilling life.

HOLISTIC HEALING & THE CHAKRAS
Learn the basis of all holistic healing methods. We will discuss the nature and purpose of the etheric body (the aura), it’s connection to the physical body & each energy center in detail.

The needle on the B.S. meter is pegged all the way. Interestingly, all of these courses are taught by the same woman. I just had to share this with you.

Ron

Posted: 06 September 2008 07:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  949
Joined  2007-10-08

Well MrRon, woo-ow, it sounds like the there’s a good reason this so-called Adult Continuing Education catalog lists these “courses” as “non-credit” classes. Perhaps they should head the section Liar “Education.”

That woman teaching wouldn’t be Sylvia Browne would it? I think she’s out of a job (no more Montel) and has written more books than god…  confused

Signature 

“Proving the efficacy of a methodology without defining the word ‘efficacy’ can come back to bite you in the assertion.”—Salt Creek

Posted: 07 September 2008 06:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  94
Joined  2008-08-14

That’s funny, because I did imagine a Sylvia Brownesque-type woman while I was reading it.  grin

Ron

Posted: 09 September 2008 10:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2927
Joined  2006-12-17

Send the catalog to Salt Creek, he might want to enroll.  NOT!  LOL

Posted: 10 September 2008 09:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1646
Joined  2008-04-02

If this is not a private college, then your tax dollars are hard at work teaching “science” to the masses. I suppose it is possible that the tuition actually covers the costs-but I doubt that. Son of a…my charts say that this will be a bad day for posting on atheist forums.

Signature 

Real honesty is accepting the theories that best explain the actual data even if those explanations contradict our cherished beliefs.-Scotty

Posted: 10 September 2008 11:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5404
Joined  2006-09-27
burt - 10 September 2008 02:23 AM

Send the catalog to Salt Creek, he might want to enroll.  NOT!

The catalog for my local “continuing education” branch of the community college:

“Personal Paths”

Dreams And Mythology: Explore dreams through the stories of world culture… Learn the basics of influencing your dream world with guided imageries and creative visualizations… Look of dreams from numerous perspectives and the latest scientific research…

“Meditation Demystified: A retreat in the city”

Practice several methods with experienced teachers… Learn the benefits of meditation, posture, how to work with distractions and avoid discouraging pitfalls… Develop a meditation practice to fit your life… Bring cushion or bench.

“Tarot Card Reading”

Discover simple keys to unlock the secrets of the Tarot… Learn to quickly read the visual symbols… For hands-on participation, bring any 70-card Tarot deck (such as Rider-Waite) or deck of regular playing cards.

“Goal-setting Through Hypnosis”

Discover how to effectively use guided imagery via hypnosis for goal-setting, building self-confidence, success in business, wellness, excellence in sports, and strengthening relationships.

“Interpersonal Mindfulness”

Understand and ease causes of interpersonal stress, modify limiting habits and practice skillful iterations… Interpersonal mindfulness is based on insight dialogue and fundamentals of mindfulness meditation. CEU credit available on request.

“Playing Big: Stepping into your Best and Biggest Self”

Tired of compromising your values and desires and settling? Are you ready to step up into who you most want to be and see what you create from there? This workshop will help you find in yourself the resources to do so.

Signature 

INVEST in cynicism!

Posted: 10 September 2008 02:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2927
Joined  2006-12-17
Salt Creek - 10 September 2008 03:03 PM
burt - 10 September 2008 02:23 AM

Send the catalog to Salt Creek, he might want to enroll.  NOT!

The catalog for my local “continuing education” branch of the community college:

“Personal Paths”

Dreams And Mythology: Explore dreams through the stories of world culture… Learn the basics of influencing your dream world with guided imageries and creative visualizations… Look of dreams from numerous perspectives and the latest scientific research…

“Meditation Demystified: A retreat in the city”

Practice several methods with experienced teachers… Learn the benefits of meditation, posture, how to work with distractions and avoid discouraging pitfalls… Develop a meditation practice to fit your life… Bring cushion or bench.

“Tarot Card Reading”

Discover simple keys to unlock the secrets of the Tarot… Learn to quickly read the visual symbols… For hands-on participation, bring any 70-card Tarot deck (such as Rider-Waite) or deck of regular playing cards.

“Goal-setting Through Hypnosis”

Discover how to effectively use guided imagery via hypnosis for goal-setting, building self-confidence, success in business, wellness, excellence in sports, and strengthening relationships.

“Interpersonal Mindfulness”

Understand and ease causes of interpersonal stress, modify limiting habits and practice skillful iterations… Interpersonal mindfulness is based on insight dialogue and fundamentals of mindfulness meditation. CEU credit available on request.

“Playing Big: Stepping into your Best and Biggest Self”

Tired of compromising your values and desires and settling? Are you ready to step up into who you most want to be and see what you create from there? This workshop will help you find in yourself the resources to do so.

Which one are you teaching?

Posted: 10 September 2008 03:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1646
Joined  2008-04-02

A note is being added here from the academic department. The department offers courses in sufficient numbers and variety to provide a student with the basic preparation to pursue a superstitiously-oriented, all-American research career through to the imbecile level or to continue their interest in science as a field scientist who divides time between research out-of-body and in the sanctuary. Most of our majors continue into careers that match the original goals for which they began their academic preparation. In other words-they continue to be losers without a frigging clue. The department has excellent facilities with supporting equipment for field work that includes a fleet of fuckwits as well as ample laboratory facilities for teaching and sexual harassment. Please consult your Tarot cards for further information.

Signature 

Real honesty is accepting the theories that best explain the actual data even if those explanations contradict our cherished beliefs.-Scotty

Posted: 13 September 2008 03:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1632
Joined  2006-09-23
MrRon - 06 September 2008 08:32 PM

Interestingly, all of these courses are taught by the same woman. I just had to share this with you.

Well, at least her chakras are aligned for maximum prosperity, given her limitations.  I’d love to have been a fly on the wall at the education department while she sold her spiel to TPTB.

Signature 

“I will tell you with the utmost impudence that I esteem much more his Person, than his Works.”

(Dryden, St. Euremont’s Essays, 1692.)

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed
newrelic.loglevel = "verbosedebug" newrelic.daemon.loglevel = "verbosedebug"