Trouble begins when god can be defined as a sociopath.
Posted: 23 September 2008 06:23 AM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  110
Joined  2007-10-05

Common characteristics of people with antisocial personality disorder include:

* Persistent lying or stealing
* Tendency to violate the rights of others (property, physical, sexual, emotional, legal)
* Aggressive, often violent behavior; prone to getting involved in fights
* A persistent agitated ... feeling
* Disregard for the safety of self or others
* ...diagnosis of conduct disorders
* Lack of remorse for hurting others
* Possessing a superficial charm or wit
* Impulsiveness
* A sense of extreme entitlement

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/antisocial-personality-disorder/DS00829/DSECTION=symptoms

And straight from the mouth of god (supposedly):

1 Samuel 15: 3 “Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.”

Ezekiel 5: 15 “...I shall execute judgments in thee in anger and in fury and in furious rebukes.”

Ezekiel 20: 13 “...I would pour out my fury upon them in the wilderness, to consume them.”

Signature 

“Most of the Israelites did not come from outside Canaan - they emerged from within it. There was no mass Exodus from Egypt…no violent conquest of Canaan. The early Israelites were - irony of ironies - themselves originally Canaanites!

The conquest of Canaan by Joshua could not have happened [as] described in the Bible. Most of the towns…either weren’t inhabited, didn’t exist or were conquered at wildly different times.” —Finkelstein and Silberman

Posted: 23 September 2008 11:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  663
Joined  2008-05-22

Genesis 6:17 - “And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven; and every thing that is in the earth shall die.”

Posted: 03 November 2008 01:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  63
Joined  2008-11-03

I belive that trouble begins when God can be seen as having any form of intent at all smile But yes, I agree with you, it’s worse when he’s a sociopath.

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed