1 of 6
Pause a moment, reflect back.
Posted: 01 October 2008 09:22 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  41
Joined  2008-08-13

A lot of Americans have become so insulated from reality that they imagine that America can suffer defeat without any inconvenience to themselves.

These events are actual events from history..

They really happened!!!

Do you remember?

1. 1968 Bobby Kennedy was shot and killed by a Muslim male extremist.

2. In 1972 at the Munich Olympics, athletes were kidnapped and massacred by Muslim male extremists.

3. In 1979, the US embassy in Iran was taken over by Muslim male extremists.

4. During the 1980’s a number of Americans were kidnapped in Lebanon by Muslim male extremists.

5. In 1983, the US Marine barracks in Beirut was blown up by Muslim male extremists.

6. In 1985 the cruise ship Achille Lauro was hijacked and a 70 year old American passenger was murdered and thrown overboard in his wheelchair by Muslim male extremists.

7. In 1985 TWA flight 847 was hijacked at Athens , and a US Navy diver trying to rescue passengers was murdered by Muslim male extremists.

8. In 1988 , Pan Am Flight 103 was bombed by Muslim male extremists.

9. In 1993 the World Trade Center was bombed the first time by Muslim male extremists.

10. In 1998, the US embassies in Kenya and Tanzania were bombed by Muslim male extremists.

11. On 9/11/01, four airliners were hijacked; two were used as missiles to take down the World Trade Centers and of the remaining two, one crashed into the US Pentagon and the other was diverted and crashed by the passengers. Thousands of people were killed by Muslim male extremists.

12. In 2002 the United States fought a war in Afghanistan against Muslim male extremists.

13. In 2002 reporter Daniel Pearl was kidnapped and murdered by—you guessed it—Muslim male extremists.

No, I really don’t see a pattern here to justify profiling, do you? So, to ensure we Americans never offend anyone, particularly fanatics intent on killing us, airport security screeners will no longer be allowed to profile certain people… Absolutely No Profiling!

They must conduct random searches of 80-year-old women, little kids, airline pilots with proper identification, secret agents who are members of the President’s security detail, 85-year old Congressmen with metal hips, and Medal of Honor winner and former Governor Joe Foss, but leave Muslim Males alone lest they be guilty of profiling.

Posted: 02 October 2008 05:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3255
Joined  2004-12-24

Just a grammatical note here, but Muslim male extremists is a bit awkward. It works better as male Muslim extremists ... or just Muslim extremists. Muslim male extremists technically makes “male” the noun that “extremists” modifies.

JFYI

Byron

Signature 

“We say, ‘Love your brother…’ We don’t say it really, but… Well we don’t literally say it. We don’t really, literally mean it. No, we don’t believe it either, but… But that message should be clear.”—David St. Hubbins

Posted: 09 October 2008 06:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  765
Joined  2006-08-16
coolbear1 - 02 October 2008 01:22 AM

No, I really don’t see a pattern here to justify profiling, do you? So, to ensure we Americans never offend anyone, particularly fanatics intent on killing us, airport security screeners will no longer be allowed to profile certain people… Absolutely No Profiling!

Isn’t saying that racial profiling is not allowed because we might offend someone just a little naive? Maybe it is not allowed because it doesn’t work. As soon as our enemies know what we are looking for, don’t you think they will simply change their MO. Random searches may be inconvenient for 80-year-old women, little kids, airline pilots with proper identification, secret agents who are members of the President’s security detail, 85-year old Congressmen with metal hips, and Medal of Honor winner and former Governor Joe Foss, but they are also a lot more effective.

Signature 

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” - Voltaire

“Rational arguments do not work on religious people, otherwise there would be no religious people.”—Dr. House

Posted: 10 October 2008 02:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  585
Joined  2007-10-11
coolbear1 - 02 October 2008 01:22 AM

A lot of Americans have become so insulated from reality that they imagine that America can suffer defeat without any inconvenience to themselves.

These events are actual events from history..

They really happened!!!

Do you remember?

1. 1968 Bobby Kennedy was shot and killed by a Muslim male extremist.

2. In 1972 at the Munich Olympics, athletes were kidnapped and massacred by Muslim male extremists.

3. In 1979, the US embassy in Iran was taken over by Muslim male extremists.

4. During the 1980’s a number of Americans were kidnapped in Lebanon by Muslim male extremists.

5. In 1983, the US Marine barracks in Beirut was blown up by Muslim male extremists.

6. In 1985 the cruise ship Achille Lauro was hijacked and a 70 year old American passenger was murdered and thrown overboard in his wheelchair by Muslim male extremists.

7. In 1985 TWA flight 847 was hijacked at Athens , and a US Navy diver trying to rescue passengers was murdered by Muslim male extremists.

8. In 1988 , Pan Am Flight 103 was bombed by Muslim male extremists.

9. In 1993 the World Trade Center was bombed the first time by Muslim male extremists.

10. In 1998, the US embassies in Kenya and Tanzania were bombed by Muslim male extremists.

11. On 9/11/01, four airliners were hijacked; two were used as missiles to take down the World Trade Centers and of the remaining two, one crashed into the US Pentagon and the other was diverted and crashed by the passengers. Thousands of people were killed by Muslim male extremists.

12. In 2002 the United States fought a war in Afghanistan against Muslim male extremists.

13. In 2002 reporter Daniel Pearl was kidnapped and murdered by—you guessed it—Muslim male extremists.

They must conduct random searches of 80-year-old women, little kids, airline pilots with proper identification, secret agents who are members of the President’s security detail, 85-year old Congressmen with metal hips, and Medal of Honor winner and former Governor Joe Foss, but leave Muslim Males alone lest they be guilty of profiling.

Cool : yes, indeed people should be aware of these examples of the Muslim menace . They should dare to let themselves think about them , but I think so many would find it too much of an effort to occupy the mind with thoughts that are painful or frightening .

But how soon we forget ; how soon we forget ! It’s a real shame too, because ignorance is a vacumn to be filled by Muslim trouble makers.

There is such a lull of interest and almost indifferance shown by the regular citizen it’s bothering me .. They may as well not care.

But ..we need to be reminded !  To all my fellow citizens who cherish your freedom : please realize that Muslims amd Christians ( or any unbeliever , ) have had a “bone of contention ” going with each other for hundreds and hundreds of years . It more or less became like a sleeping dog , and recently has become alert and alive . The news should carry more of these “reminders” and similar incidents involving Militant Muslims , so the people are tuned in. Good post coolbear . Thank YOU for your reminder .

Posted: 10 October 2008 06:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  363
Joined  2006-04-05

Thanks for posting this.  Until just now, I had no idea there had ever been any terrorism by Muslims anywhere in the world.  Thank you so much for this wake-up call.  Because what we need right now is more paranoia and indiscriminate accusations of subversive disloyalty on the part of millions of our fellow citizens.  Well played.

Signature 

“It isn’t paranoia- it’s a heightened awareness of reality.” —our resident conspiracy theorist takes a stand!

Posted: 10 October 2008 11:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  254
Joined  2008-09-06

And Christians have killed excrutiatingly more Muslims in that time than the other way around. Let’s be honest here.

I’m proud of my ethnicity - Jew.
I’m a staunch supporter of the existence of the State of Israel.
I’m a patriotic American who believes that some of the greatest advances and fulfilled hopes of the human race have come out of this country.

But that does not mean that I can whitewash what Christian, Capitalist and Communist extremists have done to the current Scary Inhuman Other. 4,000 dead Americans in Iraq. Conservatively a quarter million dead Iraqis before the war and - best estimate from Hopkins, the Lancet and the other non-Bush Administration studies - hundreds of thousands since.

The Israelis have been in a state of constant war with their neighbors and those displaced in the creation of their country for sixty years. Right or wrong they’ve piled up a lot more Muslim bodies than the other way around. That’s why they’re still alive.

Al Qaeda, insofar as such an entity exists, and the Taliban killed 4,000 people in the United States and several hundred in the Afghan war. The Bush Administration claims “We don’t do body counts”, but by the time the Kharzai government was put in place the Christians had topped that by at least an order of magnitude according to the US military. And they admitted that they undercounted civilian casualties.

Not even a majority of Muslims who have killed Christians and Jews did so out of religious hatred. Not all Christians and not an awful lot of Jews who have killed Muslims have done so out of the same motives. One of the things I find amazing when talking to Israeli soldiers is that they are not taught to demonize Muslims or Arabs. It’s almost unique among military’s whose members I have spoken with.

Posted: 10 October 2008 11:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1243
Joined  2006-12-26
telner - 10 October 2008 03:42 PM

And Christians have killed excrutiatingly more Muslims in that time than the other way around. Let’s be honest here.

Indeed you should be, rather than spreading outright lies like that one.

But that does not mean that I can whitewash what Christian, Capitalist and Communist extremists have done to the current Scary Inhuman Other. 4,000 dead Americans in Iraq. Conservatively a quarter million dead Iraqis before the war and - best estimate from Hopkins, the Lancet and the other non-Bush Administration studies - hundreds of thousands since.

Totally incorrect. MUSLIMS are killing other Muslims in Iraq.

The Israelis have been in a state of constant war with their neighbors

Forced upon them by..Israel’s neighbours.

and those displaced in the creation of their country for sixty years.

Displaced??
Actually, Jews were forcibly evicted from Muslim countries during the 1950’s (along with the occasional massacre enjoyed by the common Muslim), whereas King Hussein of Jordan and the Syrian government were busy massacring Palestinians on a scale unmatched by Israel, and forcing those Palestinians remaining to be second-class citizens living in concentration camps.

Right or wrong they’ve piled up a lot more Muslim bodies than the other way around.

No.

Posted: 10 October 2008 03:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  497
Joined  2006-06-15
arildno - 10 October 2008 03:51 PM

Jews were forcibly evicted from Muslim countries during the 1950’s (along with the occasional massacre enjoyed by the common Muslim), whereas King Hussein of Jordan and the Syrian government were busy massacring Palestinians on a scale unmatched by Israel, and forcing those Palestinians remaining to be second-class citizens living in concentration camps.

This looks like Israeli propaganda. Please provide evidence.

Signature 

Affiliation creates division. Friendship is better than membership.

Posted: 10 October 2008 04:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-12-26
mesomorph - 10 October 2008 07:15 PM
arildno - 10 October 2008 03:51 PM

Jews were forcibly evicted from Muslim countries during the 1950’s (along with the occasional massacre enjoyed by the common Muslim), whereas King Hussein of Jordan and the Syrian government were busy massacring Palestinians on a scale unmatched by Israel, and forcing those Palestinians remaining to be second-class citizens living in concentration camps.

This looks like Israeli propaganda. Please provide evidence.

Well, we could start with the Black Septemper in 1970 when King Hussein’s forces massacred 7000-8000 Palestinians.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_September_in_Jordan
Then we can go further back, if you like.

As for expulsion/forced emigration/flight of Jews post-1948, you might make this as your starting point:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_exodus_from_Arab_landsin particular, take a very close look at the change in percentages of Jews living in Muslim countries..

[ Edited: 10 October 2008 04:35 PM by arildno]

Posted: 11 October 2008 02:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-11

I’m a patriotic American who believes that some of the greatest advances and fulfilled hopes of the human race have come out of this country.

The Israelis have been in a state of constant war with their neighbors and those displaced in the creation of their country for sixty years. Right or wrong they’ve piled up a lot more Muslim bodies than the other way around. That’s why they’re still alive.

Al Qaeda, insofar as such an entity exists, and the Taliban killed 4,000 people in the United States and several hundred in the Afghan war. The Bush Administration claims “We don’t do body counts”, but by the time the Kharzai government was put in place the Christians had topped that by at least an order of magnitude according to the US military. And they admitted that they undercounted civilian casualties.

Not even a majority of Muslims who have killed Christians and Jews did so out of religious hatred. Not all Christians and not an awful lot of Jews who have killed Muslims have done so out of the same motives. One of the things I find amazing when talking to Israeli soldiers is that they are not taught to demonize Muslims or Arabs. It’s almost unique among military’s whose members I have spoken with.

Oh boy—here we go again- another “Don’t be so hard on them !” and “Americans ( Christians,  capitalists ,Democracy etc. ) are just as bad !!” concerned “fair” spunky citizen !  The trouble is that “spunk” is usually cast in the wrong direction . Why are these kind of protecters of adversaries compelled to point out the faults of Christians, Jews, anyone non-Muslim ?

Sometimes I think men are more tolerant of orthodox Muslims than women are. They think of Muslim hostility as the big fight : guns, bombs,  etc.  That is not the real and persistant corruption of Islam. And she has a better understanding of what an abomination Islamic fundamentalism really is .

And I wish those who point out the flaws and autrocities of Christians, Americans, Democracies would stop turning to the past to prove a point !  Forget the past ! What we should be concerned with and use as an example is what is going on right NOW . When you stick to the action and attitudes of the present , no way can Muslim behaviour be sensibly compared to the non- Muslim world .

Posted: 11 October 2008 07:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  497
Joined  2006-06-15
Dee - 11 October 2008 06:09 AM

Sometimes I think men are more tolerant of orthodox Muslims than women are. They think of Muslim hostility as the big fight : guns, bombs,  etc.  That is not the real and persistant corruption of Islam. And she has a better understanding of what an abomination Islamic fundamentalism really is .

Dee, I don’t know who you are sounding off at.  All of us here bar one agree with you about how repressive Islam is. But your idea that women are not colluding in their own repression is mistaken. For example, Muslim women prefer to keep their faces covered in public even when not forced to do so - see this story. And it is women who perform the barbaric practice of pharaonic circumcision on young girls.

If you have evidence that Muslim women are any less fundamentalist than men, you should present it.

Signature 

Affiliation creates division. Friendship is better than membership.

Posted: 11 October 2008 07:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-12-26

Dee:
If you are told all through your childhood that only whores and other worthless women go about unveiled, then since you don’t want to be a worthless person, you’ll “willingly” go veiled.

How we should interpret this is, however, very simple:
Muslim women are morally incompetent, due to the brainwashing they have been subjected to.
Hence, for example, their “decision” to wear a veil cannot be regarded as the act of a fully rational individual for her own sake, and therefore, it would not necessarily be morally wrong to forbid her from wearing that veil, however much she wants to.
She is, quite simply, not morally mature enough to be respected for her “choice”.

Posted: 11 October 2008 09:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2927
Joined  2006-12-17

And I wish those who point out the flaws and autrocities of Christians, Americans, Democracies would stop turning to the past to prove a point !  Forget the past ! What we should be concerned with and use as an example is what is going on right NOW . When you stick to the action and attitudes of the present , no way can Muslim behaviour be sensibly compared to the non- Muslim world .

“Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”

Posted: 11 October 2008 09:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-12-26
burt - 11 October 2008 01:06 PM

“Those who stick their heads in the sand, will have them chopped off by death cultists pretty soon”

Posted: 11 October 2008 10:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-11
arildno - 11 October 2008 01:11 PM
burt - 11 October 2008 01:06 PM

“Those who stick their heads in the sand, will have them chopped off by death cultists pretty soon”

Telner, Mesomorph, Arildo, Burt : hey guys—I hear you loud and clear—but I ask you to understand human nature - if a person feels forced to be or do something and it becomes her /his way of life they have to look for reasons why thier lifestyle is great (fine! wonderful ! a privilege ! ETC. ) They can’t get out of it so they decide to make the most of it , but do you think, that , if they had a chance to free themselves from all those restrictions, and were offered a chance to have equal rights, that they wouldn’t snap it up in a minute ?  There will be some exceptions I’d think; especially amongst the old girls who were taught a decent woman is not only wretchedly modest, but subordinate to men . They start out in life as prime peices of meat and end up being some old boy’s sausage; they’ve been through the grinder of Islamic religious poppycock to make themselves acceptabile in that society.  Poor old pawns- they’ll never know the differance I guess. I know a couple who set out to travel and have fun in a trailer-type house . They ended up living there in a park for years , and even though the woman is far used to another standard of living etc. she always goes to work telling everyone how great it is to live in a tuna -can. It’s amazing how many virtues she sees in it———or so she says.  Pride is a HUGE force in human life.  I think a Muslim woman will defend her religion out of pride, but she secretly longs for the life of a modern, free woman ( in a modern , free society )

Also I think that the Muslim woman who goes to another country to escape the ridgid demands of religious lifestyle, and yet, when she gets away and enjoys the good life of liberty , still insists her religion and it’s countries and society is WONDERFUL; so good; so right ETC..SHE IS THE BIGGEST HYPOCRITE IN THE WORLD .She wants to have her cake and eat it too. I say if she really thinks Allah is so adorable she should go back to where people agree with her .

And, about that idea that those who don’t learn from the past are doomed to repeat it : I agree with that idea . Sure, it is important to remember these things . I’m hoping the world never forgets 9/11 . Or never stops thinking and talking about it . It is symbolic, you could say . I hope those who lived through the WW11 and those who have learned about it will remember that America, even the world for that matter, was so complacent and trusting we took the “gathering storm ” of Nazism and another war very lightly ; we didn’t want to blame others; we didn’t take it seriously—and—well, you know the rest of the story . I think of the Islamic- Western conflict now. Why aren’t we willing to understand that radical Islam has already declared war on us ? Keep it a laugh folks; keep it unbelievable ! 

Yes, it is a good idea—to remember the past or risk making the same blunders all over again. But that doesn’t change much when it comes to making the present our focal point when we are tangling with an adversary . No matter how many burnings at the stake the Catholic church instigated and carried out , that doesn’t change the way things are going NOW . And the present is when the war is ( any war ) . And it is not fair to throw the sins of the past in the face of a foe to prove that party or person is a bad, bad cut of humanity . That is true UNLESS….UNLESS THAT FOE IS STILL PRACTICING THOSE SINS !  THEN——you’ve got a good point.  Islam taught beheading and whacking off limbs a long time ago, and they are still doing those things today .  What it says is that the Islamic world is disgustingly backward and barbaric still. And don’t let anyone tell you you MUST “respect” them. They have not yet earned it .

Posted: 11 October 2008 10:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-11

Well, Telner- you know what my greatest fear for Israel is ?  It is that the Muslim world will cast too great a shadow over it. No, I don’t mean open combat, or Iranian attack . A certain amount of Jews are adopting the ways and attitudes of Islam . Too many .  Why aren’t you bothered by that ? To me, it’s chilling .

1 of 6

‹‹ Run, Mickey, run!      The Problem of Islam ››
RSS 2.0     Atom Feed