1 of 2
Bill Maher Is Official Declared An SP
Posted: 05 October 2008 08:09 AM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1835
Joined  2006-03-26

In Scientology, SP means “suppressive person” or enemy of Scientology. Tory Christman, on her You Tube channel, announces it. Bill pissed the church off by making fun of their tenants in his film Religulous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HEVGscKkHw

Signature 

Bill Maher’s New Rule About Religious Tests for Office

Sam explains the difference between the belief in Elvis and belief in Jesus

Support the Separation of Church & State!
Freedom From Religion Foundation

Posted: 05 October 2008 08:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-03-26

Check THIS out from Operation Clambake. It wasn’t actually a declaration from the church itself, but made honorary from Christman.

Signature 

Posted: 06 October 2008 12:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  61
Joined  2007-10-20

AAARRG! I am going crazy waiting for a debate between John Lennox and Michael Shermer on “Does God exist” to finish before watching this insanity.

I have recently been in trouble with the Scientologists myself. They regularly camp out in the BART station I change trains at in my trip between the East Bay and SF (Powell station). Recently, when they were conducting “Stress Tests” at Powell Station, and they were making the “Pitch” to this guy and his girlfriend that “Dianetics” would solve all of their problems, I walked up and asked the girl conducting the “test” if she had told her prospective victims about Xenu, the 7 million year old Galactic Overlord who somehow managed to get some DC8s (7 million years before they were invented) in which to put all of his enemies and then flex them into volcanos that he then bombed with nuclear weapons… AND, that all of our problems were the result of “Ghosts” (which are called Thetans by Scientologists) that resulted from these 7 million year old deaths clinging to our bodies…

I discovered that they had three guys hanging out in the station to deal with problems such as myself. I have since been contacted by Anonymous about the dangers of doing this sort of thing.

Anyway, the Shermer debate just finished…

Matthew Bailey

Posted: 26 October 2008 09:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  139
Joined  2008-01-11

Hello Matthew,

As you discovered ‘humor’ (in this case, from simply laying out their ontology with enough clarity to make its absurdity obvious) is the weapon that people like this fear most. What exactly did their three ‘gentlemen’ say to you?

Best regards,

Keith

Posted: 06 November 2008 02:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  951
Joined  2007-06-23
keith - 26 October 2008 01:41 PM

What exactly did their three ‘gentlemen’ say to you?

I’m quite curious about this myself. If there was anything threatening I’d go back and stir the pot again with a dictaphone in my pocket.

Then again, Scientology is a big, powerful and aggressive organization. Perhaps they’re best left alone by an individual who values his skin.

Signature 

He who is not a misanthrope at forty can never have loved mankind  -Chamfort

Posted: 06 November 2008 03:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-06-23
Jefe - 06 November 2008 07:37 PM

He ‘terbulates well.

OK, Jefe - I confess my ignorance. ‘terbulates?

Signature 

Posted: 06 November 2008 03:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-06-23

Thank you.

I wonder if I’ll ever the opportunity to put this newfound knowledge to work?

Signature 

Posted: 07 November 2008 06:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  949
Joined  2007-10-08

rab: “Bill pissed the church off by making fun of their tenants in his film Religulous.”

I thought Bill was making fun of their tenets. Do they have tenants too? If so, where are they housed… do these folks have a Galactic Over Landlord as well?

Matthew,
Methinks you should file a report with the police. Don’t let these fuckwits get away with this. Whoops… just noticed his last post was Oct. 6… Does anyone know: is Matt okay?

mp, how you doin’? Feeling cartoony yet?

Signature 

“Proving the efficacy of a methodology without defining the word ‘efficacy’ can come back to bite you in the assertion.”—Salt Creek

Posted: 07 November 2008 10:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  254
Joined  2008-09-06

ii - They’re probably poor SOBs in the SeaOrg who have signed on for an extra billion years to share an abandoned rat-hole with six or seven other slaves.

Posted: 07 November 2008 05:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-06-23
isocratic infidel - 07 November 2008 11:16 AM

mp, how you doin’? Feeling cartoony yet?

Thanks for asking, things returning to normal around here. Nothing has seemed too funny for a bit but that seems to be fading. Life goes on. More soon.

[ Edited: 07 November 2008 05:15 PM by mpbrockman]
 Signature 

Posted: 08 November 2008 05:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-03-26
isocratic infidel - 07 November 2008 11:16 AM

I thought Bill was making fun of their tenets. Do they have tenants too? If so, where are they housed… do these folks have a Galactic Over Landlord as well?

Interesting word choice on my part. I read an article written by a former member of Scientology and their headquarters do in fact have tenants. Many Scientologists become isolated into the cult and are barred from family. When they join and begin paying for courses, they are put into dorms and segregated from society. That of course is to allow the brainwashing to take full affect. When they need to advance to the next level in their training and can’t afford it, they are forced to work as deck hands in the Sea Org or made to go out and peddle the cult’s books and get new recruits.

Signature 

Posted: 19 December 2008 01:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  32
Joined  2008-12-06

When I first saw this video (which was edited), I thought he was just kooky, but after seeing the whole thing and finding out what the abbreviations meant, it is quite chilling:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFBZ_uAbxS0

In the near future you will read:
“This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Church of Scientology International”

Tom Cruise informs on the “authorities on the mind”. - long version (9:34 min)

Scientology front group that tries to recruit through the prisons. * SP: Suppressive Person. Anyone that doesn’t like Scientology and/or criticizes Scientology. Scientology mini dictionary:

*KSW (short for Keeping Scientology Working): A policy written by
Hubbard in the 1960’s that requires all Scientologists to follow his
words and his rules exactly.

‘Orgs: Orgs is an abbreviation for ‘organizations’ and describes
all churches of Scientology throughout the world.

*David Miscavige: He is the current leader of Scientology.
He’s the equivalent of the Pope to the Catholics.

*Out-ethics: any behavior that violates any of Hubbard’s
rules of conduct.

*Put ethics in on someone else: make others conform
to Hubbard’s rules of behavior.

*Criminon: Scientology front group that tries to recruit through the prisons.

* SP: Suppressive Person. Anyone that doesn’t like Scientology and/or criticizes Scientology.

*PTS/SP: another Hubbard term to define behavior that goes
against Scientology rules.

*LRH technology or ‘tech’: all the Scientology policies, rules, mandates, procedures.

Posted: 19 December 2008 01:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
Rank
Joined  2008-12-06

“ENEMY SP Order. Fair game. May be deprived of property or injured by any means by any Scientologist without any discipline of the Scientologist. May be tricked, sued or lied to or destroyed.”

- L. Ron Hubbard, Hubbard Communications Office Policy Letter, 18 October 1967

Posted: 19 December 2008 08:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-03-26

I love that Cruise video. I’ve watched it about four times already and I always come away with something else I didn’t realize the last time I watched it. For example, the part where he says that when you drive by an accident, you know you’re the only one that can help. The first time I heard that I thought it was strange but didn’t really think about until I watched it again and I thought Really? You could do a better job than an EMT?

And the part where he says that they’ll be reading about SP’s in the history books. I thought he meant that Scientology will be recognized and SP is one term of it. Then I listened the next time and it dawned on me that he meant that ONLY Scientologists will be left on the planet.

My final conclusion is that Tom Cruise should pay a visit to his enemy—-a real psychologist.

Signature 

Posted: 20 December 2008 12:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
Rank
Joined  2008-12-06
rab - 20 December 2008 01:36 AM

a better job than an

...the part where he says that they’ll be reading about SP’s in the history books. I thought he meant that Scientology will be recognized and SP is one term of it. Then I listened the next time and it dawned on me that he meant that ONLY Scientologists will be left on the planet.

YES, No more SPs!  There’s a full 40 min. version of the entire Scientology ceremony, it’s even more bizarre.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMvAXpq7Xj4

And the BBC documentary Scientology and Me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuJlZ_f1594
They basically stalk the reporter throughout the whole filming.

I remember there was a lawsuit where Tom’s ex Nicole Kidman said her house was being bugged by a Scientologist and she tried to sue the man.  They make no bones about harrassine ex-members and SPs. The BBC doc shows how nasty the can get.

Posted: 20 December 2008 02:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-03-26

I saw the whole video when it was put on google, right before the cult had it taken off. That was a year ago. I’ll probably go back and watch it again at the link. I just find it fascinating in a very creepy sort of way, like curling up with a Stephen King novel.

Signature 

1 of 2

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed