1 of 2
Proof, once and for all, that there is no god
Posted: 14 December 2008 10:48 PM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  663
Joined  2008-05-22

After thousands of years of debate on the subject, I am proud to announce that I, Josh, officially have irrefutable, empirical, scientifically verifiable PROOF that there is, in fact, no god.

Before my beloved Washington Redskins began the football season back in September, I was, at that time, an agnostic who leaned more toward atheism than theism. Then the Redskins won 6 of their first 8 games, and I started to believe that there may actually be a god. Then they lost 4 of their next 5 games, and I slipped back into my former agnosticism.

But then, today, between 12pm and 3pm CST, all was made clear. The Redskins, who had started the season with a 6-2 record and had playoff aspirations, dropped to 7-7 by losing to the Cincinnati Bengals, one of the worst teams in the NFL!!! And to add insult to injury, the Dallas Cowboys (my sworn enemies whom I love to hate) won their game today, moving two games ahead of the Skins in the playoff race. Today’s events have given my agnosticism a violent shove into militant atheism. There is no god. Case closed. Have a nice day.

[ Edited: 14 December 2008 10:55 PM by Josh]

Posted: 15 December 2008 03:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  305
Joined  2008-10-08

Maybe God is a Cowboys fan?

Signature 

“There is undoubtedly an important secular debate to be had about the ethics of the death penalty…” -Sam Harris
“There is undoubtedly an important secular debate to be had about the ethics of embryonic stem cell research and abortion…” -Me

Jump through the Blackmun Hole!

Salt Creek has discovered the meaning of the first half of “Nulono”. Now, what language uses “nul” for zero?

Posted: 15 December 2008 07:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  950
Joined  2006-06-26

I believe a lot Notre Dame fans are beginning to think there is no God either, at least no God of Collegiate Football. After two of their worst seasons in a long time, and not having the money ($20 million) to buy out the remaining seven years of Charlie Weiss’ contract, even the local economy has felt the pinch of declining home game attendance and are bitching about it.

Signature 

“We have it recorded in a book called the Bible.”

To be blunt, the Bible records all manner of silly shit.

Posted: 16 December 2008 07:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-05-22

Dallas? Notre Dame? Come on, you guys, don’t be silly! EVERYONE knows that God is, BY DEFINITION, a Redskins fan. So let me break this down for you:

If God wants the Redskins to win, but can’t make it happen, then God is not omnipotent, and therefore is not “God”. On the other hand, if God DOES have the power to make the Redskins win, then Sunday’s events demonstrate that he simply does not WANT them to, in which case he blatantly violates his own “definition”, and therefore is not “God”.

Either way, if the Redskins lose to the Bengals, there is no God. Got it?

Posted: 16 December 2008 10:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1646
Joined  2008-04-02
Jefe - 16 December 2008 02:00 PM

ManU fans worldwide will crusade eternally against you and your Foo’Ball blasphemy.

Myself.  I’m a hockey man.  As I am Canadian, this should come as no surprise.

Why not just watch “ultimate fighting” and avoid all that time skating around the rink waiting for an excuse to brawl?

Signature 

Real honesty is accepting the theories that best explain the actual data even if those explanations contradict our cherished beliefs.-Scotty

Posted: 16 December 2008 10:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-04-02

Imo, many of our sports are just modern gladiator games. We like to think that we are genteel and civilized; but we still like to watch the bloodshed.

Josh, don’t worry about the Skins or the Boys. The closer you get to February, the more likely that both teams are in need of the Heimlich maneuver.

Signature 

Real honesty is accepting the theories that best explain the actual data even if those explanations contradict our cherished beliefs.-Scotty

Posted: 16 December 2008 11:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2492
Joined  2008-04-05

Jefe

I have always looked for a Canadian hockey fan to ask them…....are there any hockey players with all of their teeth?

I always liked the primeval sense of grown man sliding around on ice beating each other with sticks.

Awesome!!

Signature 

‘Every reflecting mind must acknowledge that there is no proof of the existence of a Deity’

‘If ignorance of nature gave birth to gods, knowledge of nature destroys them’

Percy Bysshe Shelley

Posted: 16 December 2008 11:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-05-22

Yes, Beam. Although it hurts to see my beloved Skins choke so thouroughly, I can still take some consolation in the high probability that your Cowboys may indeed choke as well. Watching your Boys walk off the field dejected, with their heads hung low, would indeed be the cure for what ails me.

However, if the Cowboys were to go all the way, and win the Super Bowl in February…..well, I would just have to go quail hunting with Dick Cheney.

Posted: 16 December 2008 12:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-04-02
Jefe - 16 December 2008 04:48 PM
Beam - 16 December 2008 03:51 PM

Imo, many of our sports are just modern gladiator games.

To this I agree almost completely.

Romans used gladatorial games to pacify the unruly masses.  Nowadays we turn it into a profitable business and charge the masses for the privilege of watching.

What does that say about us? At least the Roman citizens had free access.

Signature 

Posted: 16 December 2008 12:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  305
Joined  2008-10-08

If God wants the Redskins to win, but can’t make it happen, then God is not omnipotent, and therefore is not “God”. On the other hand, if God DOES have the power to make the Redskins win, then Sunday’s events demonstrate that he simply does not WANT them to, then God is not a Redskins fan..

Signature 

“There is undoubtedly an important secular debate to be had about the ethics of the death penalty…” -Sam Harris
“There is undoubtedly an important secular debate to be had about the ethics of embryonic stem cell research and abortion…” -Me

Jump through the Blackmun Hole!

Salt Creek has discovered the meaning of the first half of “Nulono”. Now, what language uses “nul” for zero?

Posted: 16 December 2008 01:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2492
Joined  2008-04-05

‘And with so much wrestling choreographed, what does that say about us?’
Apparently it means we evolved a psychological need for competition and entertainment. Sometimes a vice, sometimes a virtue.

Signature 

‘Every reflecting mind must acknowledge that there is no proof of the existence of a Deity’

‘If ignorance of nature gave birth to gods, knowledge of nature destroys them’

Percy Bysshe Shelley

Posted: 17 December 2008 07:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-05-22

Nulono Posted: 16 December 2008 01:24 PM

then God is not a Redskins fan..

...in which case, as I said, he violates his own “definition”, and therefore is not “God”. When someone or something violates its own definition, it ceases to be what it is.

Enlighten me, Nulono…..since God is BY DEFINITION a Redskins fan (this fact is written on everyone’s heart, whether you acknowledge it or not), how can he possibly NOT be a Redskins fan and still be “God”? How can a duck NOT be a duck, and still be a duck? Explain to me how that makes any sense…..

You’re so crazy, Nulono! I like you, but you’re so crazy!

Posted: 17 December 2008 07:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-04-02

Josh,
At MountedMemories.com, you can get an autographed Joe Theismann and Art Monk Redskins Helmet with SBXVII CHAMPS Inscription for a mere $999 USD. That kind of offering should surely please the lord and ensure a playoff spot.

Signature 

Posted: 17 December 2008 09:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-05-22

The Cowboy fan:

That kind of offering should surely please the lord and ensure a playoff spot.

So, Beam, what you’re implying is that there IS a God, but he let the Redskins lose because my offering wasn’t good enough. I thought that sacrificing a Mark Rypien jersey on a makeshift alter would surely find favor in his sight, but oh well…..

Posted: 17 December 2008 12:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-04-02
Josh - 17 December 2008 02:13 PM

So, Beam, what you’re implying is that there IS a God, but he let the Redskins lose because my offering wasn’t good enough. I thought that sacrificing a Mark Rypien jersey on a makeshift alter would surely find favor in his sight, but oh well…..

God only responds to cash. Send it to me and I’ll forward it to the Big Kahuna. (Not the Big Tuna.) Although having the Big Tuna on your side is pleasing to the ball-mighty.

Signature 

Posted: 18 December 2008 07:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-05-22

...having the Big Tuna on your side is pleasing to the ball-mighty.

When Parcells retires, it will be his fourth retirement! I suppose it pleases the “ball-mighty” to see someone keep coming out of retirement so many times. Just like the basketball gods smiled upon Michael Jordan.

1 of 2

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed