Spam via PM
Posted: 20 January 2009 11:38 AM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2075
Joined  2007-07-20

Received the following a few minutes ago.  Can this kind of PM be blocked?

Dennis

From Mrs OLGA BI.

Calvary greetings in the name of our lord and personal saviour amen.
My name is Mrs OLGA BI.  ,from Cote D’ Ivoire .I am married to late Mr Tia BI, who worked as a senior oficer with the Ivory Coast marine for Twenty-two years before he died in the year 2007,after a brief illness that lasted for only eight days.
We were married for Twenty years with a daughter ( Marielaure ) who later died.
Before the untimely death of my husband,we were both born again Christians. Since after his death I decided not to remarry due to often ill health . When my late husband was alive he deposited the sum of Two Million,three hundred Thousand United States Dollars (US$2.3m) in a General Trust Account with a prime bank in Abidjan Cote d’Ivoire. Presently,this money is still with the bank.
Recently,Following my ill health, my Doctor told me that I may not last long due to my cancer problem.The one that disturbs me most is my stroke sickness.Having known my condition I decided to donate this fund to someone that will utilize this money the way I am going to instruct herein,according to the desire of my late husband before his death.
I want this fund to be used in Christain Activities like,Orphanages, Christain schools, and Churches for propagating the word of God and to endeavor that the house of God is maintained. The Bible made us to understand that “Blessed is the hand that giveth”. I took this decision because I don’t have any child that will inherit this money and my husband relatives are not Christians and I don’t want my husband’s efforts to be used by unbelievers. I don’t want a situation where this money will be used in an ungodly way. This is why I am taking this decision.
I am not afraid of death hence I know where I am going. I know that I am going to be in the bosom of the Lord. Exodus 14 VS 14 says that “the lord will fight my case and I shall hold my peace”. I don’t need any telephone communication in this regard because of my health hence the presence of my husband’s relatives around me always.I don’t want them to know about this development.With God all things are possible.
As soon as I receive your reply I shall give you the contact of the bank in Abidjan. I will also issue you the documents that will prove you the present beneficiary of this fund.  I want you and the Church to always pray for me because the lord is my shephard. My happiness is that I lived a life of a worthy Christian. Whoever that Wants to serve the Lord must serve him in spirit and
Truth. Please always be prayerful all through your life.
Contact me via this email address (  .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  )
  as any delay in your reply will give me room in sourcing another person for this same purpose.
Please assure me that you will act accordingly as I Stated herein. Hoping to receive your reply.
Remain blessed in the Lord.
Yours in Christ,
Mrs OLGA BI.

Signature 

Truth, especially “moral truth,” is that elusive human creation whose exclusive apprehension is claimed by many, who then sanctimoniously condemn anyone else who does not agree with their particular apprehension, while denying that any question can be posed about their own apprehension.  I will try to avoid that tendency.  DEC

Posted: 20 January 2009 12:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1646
Joined  2008-04-02

I got it also. Can the moderators do anything about this?

Signature 

Real honesty is accepting the theories that best explain the actual data even if those explanations contradict our cherished beliefs.-Scotty

Posted: 20 January 2009 12:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1538
Joined  2006-12-04

As did I.

Signature 

“The hands that help are better far than the lips that pray.”
          — Robert G. Ingersoll

Posted: 20 January 2009 12:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1646
Joined  2008-04-02

They could have found a site with easier targets than this group of skeptics.  I somehow doubt that we are all going to become millionaire Xians.  smirk

Signature 

Real honesty is accepting the theories that best explain the actual data even if those explanations contradict our cherished beliefs.-Scotty

Posted: 20 January 2009 01:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-07-20

Speak for yourself, I immediately made contact and will gloat when I get all that money.  After all, I deserve it.  I promise to share it equally with all of you,  Just send me a small deposit so I can hold your share.

Dennis

Signature 

Truth, especially “moral truth,” is that elusive human creation whose exclusive apprehension is claimed by many, who then sanctimoniously condemn anyone else who does not agree with their particular apprehension, while denying that any question can be posed about their own apprehension.  I will try to avoid that tendency.  DEC

Posted: 20 January 2009 03:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1221
Joined  2008-07-20

It must be legitimate, because I didn’t get one.

Signature 

“I am one of the few people I know who has argued in print that torture may be an ethical necessity in our war on terror.”  Sam Harris October 17, 2005

Posted: 20 January 2009 05:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  305
Joined  2008-10-08

I didn’t get one…

Dennis Campbell - 20 January 2009 06:18 PM

Speak for yourself, I immediately made contact and will gloat when I get all that money.  After all, I deserve it.  I promise to share it equally with all of you,  Just send me a small deposit so I can hold your share.

Dennis

WIN!

Signature 

“There is undoubtedly an important secular debate to be had about the ethics of the death penalty…” -Sam Harris
“There is undoubtedly an important secular debate to be had about the ethics of embryonic stem cell research and abortion…” -Me

Jump through the Blackmun Hole!

Salt Creek has discovered the meaning of the first half of “Nulono”. Now, what language uses “nul” for zero?

Posted: 20 January 2009 05:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-07-20

Nulono,

And your record keeping check is in the mail to me?

Dennis

Signature 

Posted: 22 January 2009 03:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1835
Joined  2006-03-26

I got that stupid spam too.

I was made a moderator before the new board and software was implemented. My job was strictly to delete the spam on the board. Since then, there’s been little need for my services. Sorry guys, I don’t know what to do about this one.

Signature 

Bill Maher’s New Rule About Religious Tests for Office

Sam explains the difference between the belief in Elvis and belief in Jesus

Support the Separation of Church & State!
Freedom From Religion Foundation

Posted: 22 January 2009 03:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-07-20

Rab,

Expect you’ll do what you can.  Luck.

Dennis

Signature 

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed