2 of 2
Another letter from a Christian
Posted: 23 October 2012 06:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2012-10-22

I just finished reading Letter to a Christian Nation by Sam Harris, and I really enjoyed it. ... to be utterly repellent, it at least has the virtue of being reasonable, given a certain set of assumptions. ... Enter your comment here.

Kostüme Fasching

Kostüme Fasching

[ Edited: 29 October 2012 10:58 PM by Gresk]

Posted: 07 February 2013 10:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2013-02-07
Platin - 21 December 2011 09:28 AM

I did study Medicine and when I became a medical doctor, I was a “natural” atheist.  Later in life, I tried to approach theology,  and I became a believer. I read and studied the Bible for several years.  The more I studied the “word of ‘god,” the more dissatisfied I became with the teachings of Jesus. For instance, I disliked his arrogance toward the old Jewish religious establishment. I disliked the way he addressed the high priests as “vipers.” I disliked his lack of compassion for a young man who asked him to wait for a little more for him to burry his father. I think that was my turning point, just because I respected and loved my family so much.
I also disliked his teachings about your right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.  He did not teach about ANY human rights.
Jesus was a psychological terrorist: remember when he asked his disciples to bring forth all those who don’t want him to rule over them and butcher them right there,  in front of him?  Nice, ha?
Jesus was not concerned with social peace on earth, but only with him being “adored,” “worshiped,” “considered divine”  as great as ‘god himself.  [ “I did not come to bring peace on earth, but to raise son against father and father against son…” etc…..etc…..]
So, in the end, I became again a “natural” atheist. I throw my Bible in one of my drawer.

I don’t believe that this Jesus exists today.  [etc…..etc…..] He has died long time before. Nothig of his teaching work today. He was a faillure.
If he existed, I don’t want to have any part with him. I reject him as my guru.I prefer to be a free thinkerl. Love it.  Being proud to be a man of the 3rd millennium.
Look very close at your “divinity”.  You like what you see?  Good for you. But If you don’t like, say goodbye and look for anotrher boss. That IS reasonable.

MY very first post, and I love this one!! Excellent !!  My thoughts exactly

Signature 

The most formidable weapon against errors, of every kind, is Reason. I have never used any other, and I trust I never shall. Thomas Paine

and:

There is NO religion Higher then Truth

2 of 2

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed