4 of 4
Extremism, christianity dwarfs Islam
Posted: 04 October 2012 03:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  33
Joined  2011-11-14

Christianities history was not the issue. Its the religion Christianity vs Islam that is talked about. The doings and sayings of each religions “prophets” and whats attributed to them.
“Why do we need an imaginary god to love each other, anyway?? Jeezy Peezy!!”
Those who don’t believe don’t have much love for fellow man or animals either (except puppies and kittens =).

Posted: 04 October 2012 05:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  109
Joined  2012-09-22

“Those who don’t believe, don’t have much love for fellow man.”

Are you saying of all the humans on the planet, only Christians (Because of Jesus) have love for their fellow man?

Posted: 05 October 2012 12:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]  
Rank
Joined  2011-11-14

No, I’m saying that most believers and non-believers alike don’t have much love for fellow man or animals in practice but perhaps in words or answers on questionaires.

Posted: 05 October 2012 12:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  109
Joined  2012-09-22

Hmmm, I hope you are wrong about that. (But not about the kitties LOL)

For sure, the planet needs a lot more people who practice love, by forgetting about their own egos and being selfless in helping others.

At the end of the day, “Love is action”. Selfless action to help others with no profit motive of any kind is what defines real love for me and you are right, we need to see more of that.

Certainly more likely to see that from moderate Christians and non-religious folks than radical Muslims.

Posted: 05 October 2012 02:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]  
Rank
Joined  2011-11-14

Well even radical muslims have to pay the zakat thats atleast something aint it? wink http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zak?t

Posted: 06 October 2012 11:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  35
Joined  2012-07-04
GenerousGeorge - 04 October 2012 01:54 PM

Actually Jesus himself doesn’t say much in the first place. Othe folks speak for him, 2nd and 3rd hand. Which makes sense, since he is mythical. Maybe you should think about how fast you call others morons, as doing so says more about you than them.

Right on George! Jesus is a myth just like Horus!  I was just looking at the similarities between Jesus and Horus and it BLOWS YOUR MIN!

Here is an amazing book that has gotten 4.5/5 stars on Amazon where even a prominent archaeologist has prasied it! People cannot deny the amazing similarities between Horus and the mythical Jesus!

The Sun-god Horus was worshipped nearly 1,000 years before the story of Jesus. Now check these parallels:

1.Both were conceived of a virgin.
2.Both were the “only begotten son” of a god (either Osiris or Yahweh)
3.Horus’s mother was Meri, Jesus’s mother was Mary.
4.Horus’s foster father was called Jo-Seph, and Jesus’s foster father was Joseph.
5.Both foster fathers were of royal descent.
6.Both were born in a cave (although sometimes Jesus is said to have been born in a stable).
7.Both had their coming announced to their mother by an angel.
Horus; birth was heralded by the star Sirius (the morning star). Jesus had his birth heralded by a star in the East (the sun rises in the East).
8.Ancient Egyptians celebrated the birth of Horus on December 21 (the Winter Solstice). Modern Christians celebrate the birth of Jesus on December 25.
9.Both births were announced by angels (this si nto the same as number 7).
10.Both had shepherds witnessing the birth.
11.Horus was visited at birth by “three solar deities” and Jesus was visited by “three wise men”.
12.After the birth of Horus, Herut tried to have Horus murdered. After the birth of Jesus, Herod tried to have Jesus murdered.
13.To hide from Herut, the god That tells Isis, “Come, thou goddess Isis, hide thyself with thy child.” To hide from Herod, an angel tells Joseph to “arise and take the young child and his mother and flee into Egypt.”
14.When Horus came of age, he had a special ritual where hsi eye was restored. When Jesus (and other Jews) come of age, they have a special ritual called a Bar Mitzvah.
15.Both Horus and Jesus were 12 at this coming-of-age ritual. Neither have any official recorded life histories between the ages of 12 and 30.
16.Both have 12 disciples.
17.Both walked on water, cast out demons, healed the sick, and restored sight to the blind

My name is Ken Feder. I am an archaeologist, and I play one on TV, as a talking head in various documentaries on the National Geographic Channel, the Discovery Channel, the History Channel, ScFi, BBC Horizon, and, as it turns out, even the Weather Channel. Having conducted research and written extensively over the course of the last thirty years, I think I have developed a good eye for recognizing valuable research that is worthy of serious consideration when I see it. And the research conducted by D.M. Murdock concerning the myth of Jesus Christ is certainly both valuable and worthy of consideration.

Everyone who reads Murdock’s Christ in Egypt should understand that the sources she cites are anything but marginal or questionable. In fact, her sources are, at least as far as I can tell, entirely within the Egyptology mainstream and many are, in fact, revered, and deservedly so, within the community of Egyptologists. The fact that these sources are mainstream, highly respected, or even seminal does not, of course, make them right about the origins of the Christ story. However, it does make them, and Murdock’s thesis in which she incorporates their work, impossible to dismiss out of hand.

Read her book. Criticize it if you believe it deserves criticism. But to dismiss it or get apoplectic about her thesis simply because it shocks you is plainly foolish.—Kenneth L. Feder, PhD, Frauds, Myths and Mysteries

http://www.amazon.com/Christ-Egypt-Horus-Jesus-Connection-Murdock/dp/0979963117

Posted: 06 October 2012 11:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  140
Joined  2012-08-11
ninjin - 04 October 2012 03:44 PM

Christianities history was not the issue. Its the religion Christianity vs Islam that is talked about. The doings and sayings of each religions “prophets” and whats attributed to them.
“Why do we need an imaginary god to love each other, anyway?? Jeezy Peezy!!”
Those who don’t believe don’t have much love for fellow man or animals either (except puppies and kittens =).

Love, as in that shared between priest and alter boy?

Signature 

What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.
~ Hitch

I prefer the full-on embrace of reality to the spiritual masturbation that is religion.
~ S.A. Ladoucier

I think the world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people
~ M. Teresa, Fruitcake of Calcutta

4 of 4

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed