New York City
Posted: 26 December 2004 08:44 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2004-12-22

How many New York City area members are interested in a casual get together? At the very least, we should be insured of some interesting conversation.

C-

Posted: 26 December 2004 04:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  79
Joined  2004-12-21

go to meetup.com (not sure on the actual url, might be .org)

Posted: 27 December 2004 01:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  33
Joined  2004-12-21

I might enjoy something like that. Meetup.com suggests Hudson Valley Heretics, which sounds too far away. A Manhattan location might be nice. (I’m on the upper west side.)

Posted: 31 December 2004 09:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2004-12-31

Why not arrange for get-togethers thru this site, or off-site thru our emails.
I have heard of problems lately with the MeetUp.com website, that is the only reason I am suggesting other alternatives.

I think it is urgent we meet.  Most people in NYC believe we are safe from all that is scary in End of Faith. The reality is that with the fundamentalists controlling domestic and foreign policy, we are in fact affected.
And how much worse it will get, only time will tell. What we need to avoid are those horrible last words: “I never thought it could happen here.”

Posted: 31 December 2004 09:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  79
Joined  2004-12-21

Most people in NYC believe we are safe from all that is scary in End of Faith

That is odd considering you guys are the site of arguably the worst religiously inspired act of terrorism yet.

As far as meet-up, I would encourage us all to stand together and “riseup” against the fearmongers, though I can’t come to NYC anytime soon (rather long commute).  I may be there in the Fall if I get into Cornell.  I’ll look you up.

Posted: 31 December 2004 09:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  33
Joined  2004-12-21

We already know it could happen here. My question is, do we have things to discuss that can’t be addressed adequately on this board? Maybe we agree here on some sort of agenda?  Anyone can PM me with their concerns.

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed