3 of 3
don’t like the changes
Posted: 14 October 2007 08:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2168
Joined  2005-11-15

HH, a link is definitely needed.

Does anyone have a ‘best way’ that they keep up on the latest postings? It’s become a barrier to entry to me, timewise, to have to click into each subforum in order to see if there are any highlighted threads. Used to be I could bookmark the “posts since your last visit” page, but now the entire upper portion of the forum mainpage is devoted to two lists of threads that may not even be active.

Travis, is this the way it’s going to stay?

Signature 

Welcome to Planet Earth, where Belief masquerades as Knowledge!

This way to the Unasked Questions—->
<—- This way to the Unquestioned Answers

Posted: 15 October 2007 04:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3255
Joined  2004-12-24
Mia - 15 October 2007 12:24 AM

Does anyone have a ‘best way’ that they keep up on the latest postings? It’s become a barrier to entry to me, timewise, to have to click into each subforum in order to see if there are any highlighted threads. Used to be I could bookmark the “posts since your last visit” page, but now the entire upper portion of the forum mainpage is devoted to two lists of threads that may not even be active.

Travis, is this the way it’s going to stay?

I have the same issue. I miss the old “mark topics read” for each forum category. Sometimes I’ll do a quick visual check of all the categories with new posts, note the threads of interest, mark all posts read (in the entire forum, since that’s the only option) and go back to the threads in which I’m interested. But it seems that’s the most efficient option to stay on top of new posts.

The other feature I miss is the topic review that used to be available when replying to a post. Other than those two things though, the new software seems fine to me.

Byron

Signature 

“We say, ‘Love your brother…’ We don’t say it really, but… Well we don’t literally say it. We don’t really, literally mean it. No, we don’t believe it either, but… But that message should be clear.”—David St. Hubbins

3 of 3

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed