god and science
Posted: 10 January 2005 07:53 AM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2957
Joined  2004-12-02

http://www.godandscience.org/

what do you guys think about this website?

stupid ?
wrong ?
right ?

Posted: 10 January 2005 08:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1377
Joined  2004-12-21

Absolute, unmitigated, complete, unadulterated crap.

Pete

Signature 

http://powerlessnolonger.com

Posted: 10 January 2005 01:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  23
Joined  2004-12-23

nothing new.

Posted: 10 January 2005 08:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-02

I had a read of this site, for the laugh.

It is really quite amusing that somebody goes to all that trouble to maintain a website full of such nonsense. Just shows you the power of this supernatural stuff in peoples’ lives.

The section about how to answer athiests’ criticisms is particularly fun. Especially since they make up a bunch of criticisms that make no sense, just to undermine the idea that athiests might have some valid points.

But what’s the point of all of this? I’m off ot enjoy a nice glass of chardonnay and sit in the sun - that’s what life’s all about.

Posted: 11 January 2005 03:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1229
Joined  2004-12-22

You should not laugh at these sites.

As a unifier, I have to warn you Thinking types that in fact, sites like this are GOOD.

While the majority reading it will probably just read and accept, as they have been taught to by our school systems, the very fact the questions are being asked might just make another minority have to actually think.

I think these sites actually do more harm to the cause than good.

You have to have faith reason will win out.

Nietschze get off your ass and do some damn work = )
Make a site for Answers to the Religious.

Posted: 12 January 2005 01:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  214
Joined  2004-12-24
[quote author=“Iisbliss”]the very fact the questions are being asked might just make another minority have to actually think..

If you attempt to argue scripture you will be outgunned, these guys have ‘translated’ the word of god for 2000 years. And the Roman Catholics got psychology down about 500 AD or thereabouts.

Posted: 12 January 2005 02:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1377
Joined  2004-12-21

If you attempt to argue scripture you will be outgunned, these guys have ‘translated’ the word of god for 2000 years. And the Roman Catholics got psychology down about 500 AD or thereabouts.

I couldn’t agree more, and that’s precisly why we have to re-direct the argument and attack the validity of the scripture itself. 

Pete

Signature 

http://powerlessnolonger.com

Posted: 12 January 2005 02:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-24

[quote author=“hampsteadpete”]

I couldn’t agree more, and that’s precisly why we have to re-direct the argument and attack the validity of the scripture itself. 

Pete

I agree with you Pete. I think to prove scripture incorrect requires common sense. Where scripture breaches common sense in the only place to show the deception. Scripture, from a metaphoric stand, many times has an element of truth. I see the biggest problem as a child/adult one. Children need a secure emotional structure to grow to become adults.(And many never do). Joseph Campbell spoke about the way that Hindu religious texts had two meanings: one for the children and one for the adults.

To be an adult requires acceptance of reality as it is, not as you want it to be.(general statement)

Posted: 12 January 2005 07:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-02

Lawrence, grow up.

(and while you’re at it, could you give us a succint summary of what you believe in, in 100 of your own words and without plagarising your Philosophy 101 text book. Spewing out large chunks of pop philosophy is not helping).

Posted: 13 January 2005 05:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-02

Lawrence, have you read Henri Bergson’s “Creative Evolution” - I think his philosophy is closely aligned with yours??

Bob

Posted: 13 January 2005 03:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-24

..?

[ Edited: 16 January 2005 08:13 AM by ]

Posted: 13 January 2005 06:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-02

Lawrence,

Man, I hope you can get some drugs for that condition of yours. I have never seen anyone so hopelessly tangled in pseudo-logic.

You don’t have to have an original philosophical thought. But it would be helpful if you could just synthesise from all the pop-philosophy that you read a few thoughts that you can call your own, and then express them in your own words. Otherwise you are just a parrot-philosopher, an infomercial for pre-packaged insight. Think for yourself, man.

Posted: 14 January 2005 07:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2004-12-23

Reading some of the posts here lately has been truly inspiring.  Good thing Sam didn’t include the “Feces Hurling HTML” function or we’d have a lot to clean up.

Birth.  Growth.  Decline.  Death.  Rapid are the stages these days…

And it’s not even February.

+++

Posted: 25 January 2005 04:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-02

Just wanted to say I’ve been to the website referred to. Though many seem to not like it, I’ve found it to be a very fascinating web site. I learned a lot of things that I wasn’t aware of, and I encourage others to read it with an open mind.

‹‹ Belief      Replies ››
RSS 2.0     Atom Feed