I have a question for this forum
Posted: 23 June 2008 09:31 AM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  591
Joined  2005-11-22

My best friend is a Jewish fellow on the east coast.  He is a follower of the Social conservatives who wants our troops to stay in the Middle East until Islam is exterminated. He claims that they want the destruction of Jews and Christians.

I’m old enough to remember the Hitler movement who wanted to exterminate all Jews as they would destroy everyone.  What is missing here? 

Is this planet not big enough to separate these horrible people who seem to want all of everything.  I have no doubt that the Bush Administration wants the destruction of everyone from Islam to Israel.  We must not overlook the Atheists who will be the first to go by any of the others.

This God stuff is out of hand and could bring Bush into an attack on Iran if Obama looks as if he could win.  Bush has released his dogs to convince the voters that no black man should ever enter the White House.

Am I reading into this that the Religious Right is nothing but racists and homophobes?  Do they really believe they can stop another election as they did in 2000 and 2004? 

This is the most dangerous movement I’ve ever seen in America in my life.  I’m basically a Libertarian but my voting for Obama in my area of Arizona is redundant.  I will but I dare not mention it anywhere. 

Please tell me this is not the way the election will go!

Posted: 23 June 2008 10:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1639
Joined  2007-12-20

Sandy

Is this planet not big enough to separate these horrible people who seem to want all of everything.  I have no doubt that the Bush Administration wants the destruction of everyone from Islam to Israel.  We must not overlook the Atheists who will be the first to go by any of the others.

He may “want” this but how do you propose he is going to get what he wants. How would he go about “destroying” atheists and everyone from Islam to Israel ?  He only has less than 6 months left in office.

This God stuff is out of hand and could bring Bush into an attack on Iran if Obama looks as if he could win.

I’ve been following the attacking of Iran speculating by various people including George Soros and Scott Ritter.  I’m not convinced he will do it but I am not unconvinced either.

Bush has released his dogs to convince the voters that no black man should ever enter the White House.

Do you have any evidence of this. You are saying in effect that Bush is a racists. Where has he made such statements?

Am I reading into this that the Religious Right is nothing but racists and homophobes?  Do they really believe they can stop another election as they did in 2000 and 2004?

I am concerned about your last statement and “stopping” another election. A real possibility that it could be rigged again since it has already happened twice.

Signature 

“Every war is a war against children.”
Howard Zinn

Posted: 24 June 2008 08:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1835
Joined  2006-03-26

I’m currently reading “God’s Profits” by Susan Posner. The republican party has been infiltrated by bloodthirsty evangelicals who tout Armageddon and that (now) Iran is out to destroy Israel. They helped Bush get his war with Iraq and the mainstream media were the lapdogs.

Am I reading into this that the Religious Right is nothing but racists and homophobes?

Pastors like John Hagee and authors like Brigitte Gabriel say, at conferences attended by members of congress and the political elite, that the time for political correctness is over.  They heavily criticize European nations for tolerance and mult-culturalism. Then they rail how Islam wants to destroy Israel and god’s holy city.

So yeah, it’s an extremely dangerous movement.

Signature 

Bill Maher’s New Rule About Religious Tests for Office

Sam explains the difference between the belief in Elvis and belief in Jesus

Support the Separation of Church & State!
Freedom From Religion Foundation

Posted: 24 June 2008 11:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1031
Joined  2007-12-04

I don’t know Sandy, my parents are as religious right as one gets and they are sickened by the behavior of the Bush Administration.  They are crossing the aisle to vote for Obama this election.

Signature 

http://www.thehereticandthepreacher.com

Posted: 24 June 2008 02:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2492
Joined  2008-04-05

Sam recommends ‘Kingdom Coming’ by Michelle Goldberg, on this subject as well. I have just received it in the mail, but have not started it as of yet. The rise of Christian Nationalism will be a huge problem for the 21st century.

Right now, it is very important to get Republicans out of the White House.

Signature 

‘Every reflecting mind must acknowledge that there is no proof of the existence of a Deity’

‘If ignorance of nature gave birth to gods, knowledge of nature destroys them’

Percy Bysshe Shelley

Posted: 25 June 2008 04:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2008-06-20

The saber rattling over the Iranian nuclear program seems to be generally intensifying. Several statements made by both U.S. and Israeli officials coupled with the recent Israeli military exercises does not bode well. It appears that the Judeo-Christian right is driving the situation to a significant escalation. Hopefully our next administration will have some common sense. However it is very difficult for any western government to not feel the pressure from the Judeo-Christian lobby. They are loud, powerful, and constitute a significant voting block. Many politicians seem to prefer saving their immediate career over saving thousands of their citizens lives. Then there are the long term ramifications that seem to be beyond many politicians and lobbies’ comprehension and/or concern.

Signature 

“The [Torah] is responsible for more atheism, agnosticism, disbelief-call it what you will-than any book ever written; it has emptied more churches than all the counterattractions of cinema, motor bicycle and golf course.”

A. A. Milne

Posted: 04 August 2008 08:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  407
Joined  2005-06-16

I’m not so sure that full and no questions asked support of Israel by the US is good for the Middle East. That is something Obama offers.

Posted: 05 August 2008 05:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  74
Joined  2008-05-23

Obama offers nothing but more of the same.  He’s another puppet of the oligarchy that has run this country for a very long time, and so is McCain.

They don’t even try to hide it anymore.  Open your eyes.  Pack your bug-out kit.

The following link is parody.  It’s funny only because it’s probably close to the truth.

Diebold Accidentally Leaks Results of 2008 Election

It remains to be seen whether or not Bush will simply exercise or expand his dictatorial powers and simply call off the election.

[ Edited: 05 August 2008 05:52 AM by Oolon Colluphid]
 Signature 

“My ambition is to live to see all of Physics reduced to a formula so elegant and simple that it will fit easily on the front of a t-shirt.”

—Leon Lederman

Posted: 05 August 2008 07:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1814
Joined  2006-11-10
Sandy - 23 June 2008 01:31 PM

My best friend is a Jewish fellow on the east coast.  He is a follower of the Social conservatives who wants our troops to stay in the Middle East until Islam is exterminated.

Dr. Goebbels: ” Zhat iz zome excellent yooz of my favoreet propaganda.”

I’m old enough to remember the Hitler movement who wanted to exterminate all Jews as they would destroy everyone.  What is missing here? 

Certainly not the most redundant history lesson in the history of history lessons.

I have no doubt that the Bush Administration wants the destruction of everyone from Islam to Israel.

You should try this doubt thing.

Am I reading into this that the Religious Right is nothing but racists and homophobes?

Stop the presses.

Come on Sandy, you can do better than this, I hope.

Signature 

“You know I’m born to lose, and gambling is for fools.
But that’s the way I like it baby, I don’t want to live forever.”

From the autobiography of A.A.Mills, ‘The passage of time, according to an estranged, casual tyrant.’

Posted: 05 August 2008 03:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1835
Joined  2006-03-26

Seriously? The religious right is made up of racists and homophobes. Their racism is covert but their homophobia is overt. Listen to their retorhic sometime.

Signature 

Bill Maher’s New Rule About Religious Tests for Office

Sam explains the difference between the belief in Elvis and belief in Jesus

Support the Separation of Church & State!
Freedom From Religion Foundation

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed