Post frequency graph
Posted: 30 September 2008 06:17 PM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3765
Joined  2007-03-11

Is anyone competent enough to create a graph showing the frequency of posts per month on the forum as a whole from its beginning in December, 2004 until now?

Posted: 30 September 2008 10:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  496
Joined  2005-02-22

If I had that kind of free time, I’d spend it posting.

Why would thee, a theist, be interested in such a tabulation?

Signature 

Delude responsibly.

Posted: 01 October 2008 04:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-03-11
Nhoj Morley - 01 October 2008 02:12 AM

If I had that kind of free time, I’d spend it posting.

Why would thee, a theist, be interested in such a tabulation?

Just seems like we’ve hit a lull in the activity, that things were a lot more vibrant this time last year. I have a theory that the vitality of this forum relies upon the presence of theists who piss off atheists. Statistics would confirm - or not.

Posted: 01 October 2008 04:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-03-11
Jefe - 01 October 2008 08:18 PM

I’d say you would notice a very predictable spike in traffic when group refutation or response occurs to hot-bed topics.  But to say the forum relies on the presence of theists “who piss off atheists” is a bit of an assumptive stretch.

As I said, it’s only a theory. That’s why I need evidence, young man, evidence.  Just the facts, ma’am - in the form of a nicely colored graph.

Posted: 01 October 2008 07:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-02-22

If there is a lull in atheist posting, it is likely because…

Rather than sit on theistic laurels believing that things will only get so bad before Jesus steps in with the 700 billion dollars and takes over for a thousand years, we non-theists are busy working on non-supernatural ways to keep the mess afloat.

I’m sure it’s the effusion of the Holy Spirit that prevents theist from saying thanks.
I would spell check this if I had the time.

Signature 

Delude responsibly.

Posted: 02 October 2008 05:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3255
Joined  2004-12-24
Nhoj Morley - 01 October 2008 11:11 PM

Rather than sit on theistic laurels ...

Keep in mind that when reality utterly fails to cooperate with your world view and you’ve invested about as much as one can invest in such a thing (time, money, effort, emotions, your understanding of reality), you have to find affirmation somewhere ... anywhere ... even if you have to fabricate it from the aether. That’s what church is largely about for most hard core religious conservative types, and it’s what religious apologetics are all about.

Byron

Signature 

“We say, ‘Love your brother…’ We don’t say it really, but… Well we don’t literally say it. We don’t really, literally mean it. No, we don’t believe it either, but… But that message should be clear.”—David St. Hubbins

Posted: 02 October 2008 05:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-02-22

Rather than sit on theistic laurels…

Now that I read that again, I have no idea what it means.

Sounds prickly.

Signature 

Delude responsibly.

Posted: 02 October 2008 03:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-03-11

Rather than sit on theistic laurels believing that things will only get so bad before Jesus steps in with the 700 billion dollars and takes over for a thousand years, we non-theists are busy working on non-supernatural ways to keep the mess afloat.

I’m sure it’s the effusion of the Holy Spirit that prevents theist from saying thanks.

Oh, by all means, thank you, thank you, thank you.  Now, just what is it that you are doing?  I’m used to giving thanks BEFORE meals - not a problem - but I do expect there to be food on my plate when I open my eyes.

‹‹ unable to post      Can’t update avatar ››
RSS 2.0     Atom Feed