Total Posts:  1221
Joined  2008-07-20
Jefe - 12 November 2008 08:04 PM
McCreason - 12 November 2008 06:14 PM

Not sure where Jefe actually lives

Home sweet home.

So close to BC, its almost heaven.

McCreason - 12 November 2008 05:51 PM

Palin belongs in a clinic under clinical evaluation.

Oddly enough, just as I’m reading this, I had CNN on and she was talking.  My wife walked into the room and said she couldn’t hear what Palin was saying, but from the rapid clip of her speech and the pressured quality of it, Palin appeared to be manic.  That, my wife hypothesizes, accounts for her six figure shopping spree.  Or, she offers as an alternative diagnosis, its the methamphetamine.

Signature 

“I am one of the few people I know who has argued in print that torture may be an ethical necessity in our war on terror.”  Sam Harris October 17, 2005

Posted: 15 November 2008 11:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 392 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1221
Joined  2008-07-20
telner - 30 October 2008 04:33 PM

That’s why the Nazis didn’t vet Communists who joined the Party.

I know I’m getting to the party late, and maybe everyone has already gone home, but I was just catching up on this thread when I came across this post.

Where did this come from?  My understanding is that the Nazis conflated Jew and Bolshevik, and the holocaust was aimed as much at communists as Jews.  (As well as the handicapped, labor organizers (also deemed Bolsheviks) and many others )

Signature 

“I am one of the few people I know who has argued in print that torture may be an ethical necessity in our war on terror.”  Sam Harris October 17, 2005

Posted: 15 November 2008 01:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 393 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2136
Joined  2006-02-20
teuchter - 15 November 2008 04:01 PM

the holocaust was aimed as much at communists as Jews.  (As well as the handicapped, labor organizers (also deemed Bolsheviks) and many others )

http://web.jjay.cuny.edu/~jobrien/reference/ob62.html

“It may fairly be said that the Soviet Union did more to bleed the German army white and contributed more to Hitler’s defeat than any other country.”  (20,000,000 Soviet dead - more or less)

Signature 

“The simple fables of the religious of the world have come to seem like tales told to children.”  - Nobel Prize recipient - Francis Crick

“It is time we recognized the boundless narcissism and self-deceit of the saved.” - Sam Harris

27 of 27

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed
newrelic.loglevel = "verbosedebug" newrelic.daemon.loglevel = "verbosedebug"