Location, location, location
Posted: 31 December 2008 06:41 PM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3765
Joined  2007-03-11

If I told you that my business plan was to sell diamond rings to the citizens of Darfur, or Christmas ornaments to the residents of Mecca, you would rightly inform me of my idiocy. Whatever the merits of the business plan, the location is just bad. If I told you - “no problem, I’m going to keep pumping money into the business so it won’t fail,” you would shake your head and leave me to my own destruction.  So we have Israel, a Jewish state, created right in the middle of the Muslim world. It cannot, and never will, survive on its own. The US is pumping $6 billion a year into it, and all we get is one conflict after another. 

Question: if both Israel and the Palestinians ceased to exist tomorrow, would it have a negative effect on the vital interests of the United States?

[ Edited: 16 December 2011 03:24 AM by Nhoj Morley]

Posted: 01 January 2009 09:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  110
Joined  2007-10-05
Bruce Burleson - 31 December 2008 11:41 PM

If I told you that my business plan was to sell diamond rings to the citizens of Darfur, or Christmas ornaments to the residents of Mecca, you would rightly inform me of my idiocy. Whatever the merits of the business plan, the location is just bad. If I told you - “no problem, I’m going to keep pumping money into the business so it won’t fail,” you would shake your head and leave me to my own destruction.  So we have Israel, a Jewish state, created right in the middle of the Muslim world. It cannot, and never will, survive on its own. The US is pumping $6 billion a year into it, and all we get is one conflict after another.

There is a lot of wisdom in that. The U.S. and Israel have not been approaching this from a strategic perspective. It is reminiscent of the British strategy during the colonial era. Over several centuries they alternatively tried to beat the U.S., India, Iraq, Afghanistan, Ireland etc into submission. It never worked for more than a brief time from a historical perspective. The U.K. finally realized that the best solution was to just let it go. The U.S. learned a similar lesson in Vietnam and the Soviet Union in Afghanistan.

The U.S. conquest of Native American lands only worked because such a huge percentage of the Native Americans were killed. With only 14 million Jews worldwide and 300 million U.S. citizens compared to the 1.5+ billion Muslims in the world anything that is done to the Palestinians, even utter annihilation, will only inflame the situation.

Part of the problem may be the simplistic solutions in which many within Christianity and Judaism are trained to believe. In the Old Testament (Torah and Tanakh) the “problems” of the Egyptians, Canaanites, etc were solved by brute force. These fictional wars were supposedly assisted with god’s magical powers and god’s mystical ability to influence people’s thoughts and emotions. The real world is so much more complex and real people become enraged and do not soon forget when their land and homes are taken. Most people have so much emotion tied up in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict that they do not consider what they would do if placed in the Palestinians’ position. The situation is basically the same as the following:

A parable:

Because the Tutsis have been the subject of genocide it has been determined by the UK that they need to have a sovereign state of their own. The decision has been made to move all of the citizens of the United States to the state of Sonora in Mexico. In order to achieve this objective the US military will be destroyed and the citizens will be forcibly removed from their homes at gun point if they do not go willingly.

Upon arriving in Sonora the former US citizens will be placed under embargo and a wall will be constructed to keep them within the confines of Sonora. The Tutsis will be armed with the latest weapon systems available and will be provided with ample nuclear weapons. Any weapons found on the former US citizens will be confiscated by the Tutsis. US citizens found within the former bounds of the United States will be subject to search and seizure of their possessions at random. Any protests by the US citizens will be monitored by heavily armed Tutsis and the protestors will be subject at the discretion of the Tutsis to tear gas, machine gun fire, grenades, suppression by attack helicopters, and aerial bombardment.

Any attempts by the US citizens to retake all or part of the US or to harass the Tutsis will be met with overwhelming force. The Tutsis have the right to invade Sonora at will. Any suspected US government buildings, police barracks, or safe houses for US citizens will be flattened and armored units will demolish any structures deemed necessary by the Tutsi military.

Furthermore the Tutsis will be given power within the EU to manipulate the media and to control the discussion concerning the terrorist US citizens in Sonora. After all the Tutsis suffered immensely and have a right to the former United States. Anyone who attempts to deny the Tutsis this right is a terrorist and an anti-Tutsite. Anyone suspected of being an anti-Tutsite in the EU will be labeled as such and will be hounded by the Tutsi influenced media. The self-inflicted problem of being labeled an anti-Tutsite will result in destruction of one’s career and/or censure by the media and EU governing officials. When any anti-Tutsites try to post on forums or blogs in support of the US terrorist attacks on their former lands in the US the anti-Tutsites will be overwhelmed with ad hominem attacks from the pro-Tutsi populous.

Signature 

“Most of the Israelites did not come from outside Canaan - they emerged from within it. There was no mass Exodus from Egypt…no violent conquest of Canaan. The early Israelites were - irony of ironies - themselves originally Canaanites!

The conquest of Canaan by Joshua could not have happened [as] described in the Bible. Most of the towns…either weren’t inhabited, didn’t exist or were conquered at wildly different times.” —Finkelstein and Silberman

Posted: 01 January 2009 10:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1044
Joined  2008-02-15
Bruce Burleson - 31 December 2008 11:41 PM

Question: if both Israel and the Palestinians ceased to exist tomorrow, would it have a negative effect on the vital interests of the United States?

No. They are Jews and Muslims for gods sake! I think the idea is that as long as they are fighting each other they are culling their numbers and not fighting us. Of course a vacuum there would be just be filled by other evil non-Christians, albeit without Israel we could justify glassing their ass more easily.

Signature 

Why is there Something instead of Nothing: No reason or ever knowable reason.

Kissing Hank’s Ass
Pope Song (rated NC17).

Posted: 17 February 2009 03:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  497
Joined  2006-06-15
Salathiel - 31 December 2008 11:41 PM

It would not. Unfortunately or fortunately, depending on how you look at it, neither Jews nor Palestinians are going to disappear, since both have been occupying the space since biblical times and both lay claim to it. Where the USA comes in is that with its financial might supporting the Jews against the Palestinians, the Palestinians are forced towards two possible reactions: ‘realpolitik’ as embraced by Arafat, or ‘last-man-standing’ as embraced by Hamas.

There is something about Levantine psychology that was once explained to me by a Syrian, and he applied this to all Semitic peoples of the Middle East: ‘they will destroy everything, even themselves, rather than give in.’ If it were not for this strange fact, we would have seen a settlement in Palestine long ago, US involvement notwithstanding.

Now Barack Obama understands psychology, and he also understands that people are different in different parts of the world. Although that might seem too obvious a statement to you and me, it seems to have gone over the heads of successive western leaders until now.

If anyone can solve the Israel/Palestine rift, Obama can. If there were such a thing as a divine gift, it would be that man.

He certainly makes me wax poetical - never happened before!

Signature 

Affiliation creates division. Friendship is better than membership.

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed
newrelic.loglevel = "verbosedebug" newrelic.daemon.loglevel = "verbosedebug"