2 of 2
The “Religion of Peace” (TM) strikes again.
Posted: 20 February 2009 02:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  497
Joined  2006-06-15
McCreason - 18 February 2009 12:34 PM

Arguing? Just discussing IMO. FWIW here is the timeline of Mongul invasions. They invaded Eastern Europe in the late 1200’s.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongol_invasions

OK not arguing then. I was only referring to the tenuous connection of the Mongol invasions with the Religion of Peace TM. But, you know, interesting nevertheless.

Apparently the reason the Mongol conquerors eventually converted to Islam had something to do with Central Asian sufi influence.

Signature 

Affiliation creates division. Friendship is better than membership.

Posted: 26 February 2009 09:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  663
Joined  2008-05-22

Muslims:

What? They think that our invisible sky daddy has a SON? (gasp).....KILL THEM!!!

Christians:

What? They think that our invisible sky daddy DOESN’T have a son? (gasp).....KILL THEM!!!

Posted: 26 February 2009 11:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1243
Joined  2006-12-26
Josh - 26 February 2009 02:56 PM

Muslims:

What? They think that our invisible sky daddy has a SON? (gasp).....KILL THEM!!!

Christians:

What? They think that our invisible sky daddy DOESN’T have a son? (gasp).....KILL THEM!!!

Your moral equivalence argument is shallow and idiotic. Because it is factually false.

Posted: 26 February 2009 02:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  663
Joined  2008-05-22

A moral equivalence argument, arildno? Is that what you think I was making? While I admire the attempt on your part to read my mind, unfortunately you’re just not very highly skilled in that department. To word this another way…..your attempt to jump to conclusions about what exactly my post was getting at is, well, shallow and idiotic…..because your conclusion was factually false (see what I did there? Huh? See what I did there?)

My post was merely an observation of the absurdity of constant religious warfare over the past couple thousand years. Through all of the Crusades, Inquisitions, 9/11s, and every other religiously inspired conflict too numerous to mention in a post which I aspire to keep concise and reader-friendly…..through all of this, just think of me as a spectator, sitting there in my lawn chair on the sidelines, with a big tub of popcorn in one hand, and a beer in the other, while some guy shouts “kill ‘em all; let God sort ‘em out”.

There is nothing more entertaining, IMO, than watching all of the greatest bloopers in the history of mankind’s moral evolution. The only thing that comes CLOSE to the entertainment value of the aforementioned bloopers would have to be the inane attempts of certain people on certain internet forums to dress up like Miss Cleo and read my mind.

[ Edited: 26 February 2009 02:38 PM by Josh]

2 of 2

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed