Founder of “Bridges TV” Beheads Wife
Posted: 13 February 2009 07:53 PM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1835
Joined  2006-03-26

NEW YORK A prominent Buffalo area businessman who founded the BridgesTV network to improve the image of Muslims in the U.S. has been arrested and charged with murdering his estranged wife – by beheading her at his company’s office in Orchard Park, N.Y., on Thursday.

Police have charged the husband, Muzzammil Hassan, 44, with second-degree murder in the death of Aasiya Z. Hassan, 37.

In its logo, BridgesTV boasts of “connecting people through understanding” via its dish network available in several states. Its Web site quotes comments about the company by Jay Leno, Brian Williams and others, plus a screen shot of a CNBC interview with Hassan conducted by Maria Bartiromo.

The site also shows a picture of Hassan with his slain wife, described as playing “an instrumental role in the creation of Bridges TV since she came up with the idea for the network.” The alleged killer is called “Mo S. Hassan” at the web site.

more…

http://www.bridgestv.com/Pics/Mo - Assiya - 3 - High.jpg

http://www.bridgestv.com/pictures_new.asp

Signature 

Bill Maher’s New Rule About Religious Tests for Office

Sam explains the difference between the belief in Elvis and belief in Jesus

Support the Separation of Church & State!
Freedom From Religion Foundation

Posted: 14 February 2009 04:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  951
Joined  2007-06-23

Were I the judge in this case and the defendant was found guilty, part of his sentence would be to have the crime scene photos shown on a loop via his network.

Of course, I would be murdered shortly thereafter.

Signature 

He who is not a misanthrope at forty can never have loved mankind  -Chamfort

Posted: 14 February 2009 02:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  949
Joined  2007-10-08

From the article:

Bridges TV says it wants to inform and entertain Muslims and, at the same time, give viewers who aren’t Muslims a glimpse into their culture ...

Well, it appears Mr. Hassan has accomplished both in one fell swoop.  confused And therein lie the problem with mp’s suggestion: half the muslims looking at the crime scene photos in a loop on BrigdeTV will believe the woman deserved, even earned, the beheading and would likely use it as more fear propaganda against women who dare to challenge their muslim husbands.

Also from the article:

Khalid J. Qazi, president of the Muslim Public Affairs Council of Western New York, said, “There is no place for domestic violence in our religion — none. Islam would 100 percent condemn it.”

Any “bridge” that the network hoped to build was just destroyed in that fell swoop by hASSan…
and Qazi’s words have a hollow, disingenuous ring to them.

Poor Aaslya and her small children.

Signature 

“Proving the efficacy of a methodology without defining the word ‘efficacy’ can come back to bite you in the assertion.”—Salt Creek

Posted: 14 February 2009 03:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1587
Joined  2006-10-20

It gets worse.

From a Buffalo news article:

Authorities say Aasiya Hassan recently had filed for divorce from her husband.

“She had an order of protection that had him out of the home as of Friday the 6th [of February],” Benz said.

Signature 

“All extremists should be killed!” - neighbor’s bumper sticker

Posted: 14 February 2009 03:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-06-23
isocratic infidel - 14 February 2009 07:18 PM

And therein lie the problem with mp’s suggestion: half the muslims looking at the crime scene photos in a loop on BrigdeTV will believe the woman deserved, even earned, the beheading and would likely use it as more fear propaganda against women who dare to challenge their muslim husbands.

Well, I didn’t say it would solve everything, but here’s a fun experiment I just tried. Run Aasiya Z. Hassan’s name through some major American news network search engines. I just tried this: CNN=nothing, FoxNews=a random article about BridgesTV (no mention of the murder), only msnbc had a link to the murder story. To find it, you have to go to local news or less widely read sources like the politicalcesspool.com or celebgalz.com (?!)

Hence my suggestion. Tell me that sentence wouldn’t garner some coverage. Sure - some would call me 8 different varieties of sick bastard but the klieg lights might be pointed a little closer to the incident and the debate would rage. I would love to see Muslims defending this beheading on national TV!

Seems to me it’s being glossed over and that gets my goat.

Signature 

Posted: 14 February 2009 03:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1646
Joined  2008-04-02
mpbrockman - 14 February 2009 08:43 PM

And therein lie the problem with mp’s suggestion: half the muslims looking at the crime scene photos in a loop on BrigdeTV will believe the woman deserved, even earned, the beheading and would likely use it as more fear propaganda against women who dare to challenge their muslim husbands.

Well, I didn’t say it would solve everything, but here’s a fun experiment I just tried. Run Aasiya Z. Hassan’s name through some major American news network search engines. I just tried this: CNN=nothing, FoxNews=a random article about BridgesTV (no mention of the murder), only msnbc had a link to the murder story. To find it, you have to go to local news or less widely read sources like the politicalcesspool.com or celebgalz.com (?!)

Hence my suggestion. Tell me that sentence wouldn’t garner some coverage. Sure - some would call me 8 different varieties of sick bastard but the klieg lights might be pointed a little closer to the incident and the debate would rage. I would love to see Muslims defending this beheading on national TV!

One might conclude that some networks are afraid.

Signature 

Real honesty is accepting the theories that best explain the actual data even if those explanations contradict our cherished beliefs.-Scotty

Posted: 14 February 2009 07:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1835
Joined  2006-03-26

Seems strange that the right wing propaganda machine called FOX News wouldn’t run it at the top of every hour.

Signature 

Bill Maher’s New Rule About Religious Tests for Office

Sam explains the difference between the belief in Elvis and belief in Jesus

Support the Separation of Church & State!
Freedom From Religion Foundation

Posted: 15 February 2009 01:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1587
Joined  2006-10-20

It has just occurred to me that maybe, maybe, the murder wasn’t religiously motivated.  It has the mark of an Islamic response to a loss of face, but. . . something from the story is missing if major networks aren’t picking it up.

I get the feeling someone is flimflamming us.

Signature 

“All extremists should be killed!” - neighbor’s bumper sticker

Posted: 15 February 2009 05:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2007-11-30
Skipshot - 15 February 2009 06:25 AM

It has just occurred to me that maybe, maybe, the murder wasn’t religiously motivated.  It has the mark of an Islamic response to a loss of face, but. . . something from the story is missing if major networks aren’t picking it up.

I get the feeling someone is flimflamming us.

So are you saying it’s more of a cultural thing?

mpbrockman - 14 February 2009 08:43 PM

This is how they would defend it:
RD asking inquiring to the penalty of apostasy -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VselUW4Aoxg

[ Edited: 15 February 2009 05:41 AM by entheogensmurf]

Posted: 17 February 2009 03:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-06-23

Ah, finally:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/02/16/buffalo.beheading/index.html

Signature 

Posted: 17 February 2009 06:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  47
Joined  2007-01-30

I think it’s important not to jump into religious bigotry about this.

Every religion has a few bad apples who behead their wives.

Posted: 26 February 2009 02:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  32
Joined  2008-12-06
rab - 14 February 2009 12:53 AM

NEW YORK A prominent Buffalo area businessman who founded the BridgesTV network to improve the image of Muslims in the U.S. has been arrested and charged with murdering his estranged wife – by beheading her at his company’s office in Orchard Park, N.Y., on Thursday.

Police have charged the husband, Muzzammil Hassan, 44, with second-degree murder in the death of Aasiya Z. Hassan, 37.

In its logo, BridgesTV boasts of “connecting people through understanding” via its dish network available in several states. Its Web site quotes comments about the company by Jay Leno, Brian Williams and others, plus a screen shot of a CNBC interview with Hassan conducted by Maria Bartiromo.

The site also shows a picture of Hassan with his slain wife, described as playing “an instrumental role in the creation of Bridges TV since she came up with the idea for the network.” The alleged killer is called “Mo S. Hassan” at the web site.

more…

http://www.bridgestv.com/Pics/Mo - Assiya - 3 - High.jpg

http://www.bridgestv.com/pictures_new.asp

How is beheading someone second-degree murder.  It takes a lot of effort and planning go chop off someone’s head, right?

Posted: 26 February 2009 03:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-06-23
selinakyle - 26 February 2009 07:06 PM

How is beheading someone second-degree murder.  It takes a lot of effort and planning go chop off someone’s head, right?

This is a good question, but my wild guess would be that it took two strokes of the axe… nevermind.

Actually, it is unusual. Cops usually charge suspects with everything they can think of so they can give the DA some negotiating room later.

Lawyer birds? Teu?

Signature 

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed