1 of 2
Hillary blows it
Posted: 26 March 2009 12:14 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2922
Joined  2006-06-15

Our insatiable demand for illegal drugs fuels the drug trade . . . Our inability to prevent weapons from being illegally smuggled across the border to arm these criminals causes the deaths of police officers, soldiers and civilians.

(Andrew):  No, Hillary. It’s our country’s insane, ineffective 100-year old war on drugs which has driven up the price, fueled the trade and created narco-terrorists.
Decriminalize drugs and take the profit away…that’s the answer.

Signature 

“Another flaw in the human character is that everybody wants to build and nobody wants to do maintenance.”—Kurt Vonnegut

Posted: 26 March 2009 03:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1646
Joined  2008-04-02
Andrew - 26 March 2009 04:14 PM

(Andrew):

Agreed

Signature 

Real honesty is accepting the theories that best explain the actual data even if those explanations contradict our cherished beliefs.-Scotty

Posted: 26 March 2009 05:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  71
Joined  2009-01-19

Agreed squared.

Posted: 26 March 2009 06:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1221
Joined  2008-07-20

Agreed to the 4th power.

Signature 

“I am one of the few people I know who has argued in print that torture may be an ethical necessity in our war on terror.”  Sam Harris October 17, 2005

Posted: 26 March 2009 07:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-04-02

Hillary blows it

That’s a mental image I could have lived without.

Signature 

Real honesty is accepting the theories that best explain the actual data even if those explanations contradict our cherished beliefs.-Scotty

Posted: 27 March 2009 12:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  949
Joined  2007-10-08

Andrew’s common sense Decriminalization Proclamation:

BEAM:

Agreed.

PIERO:

Agreed squared.

TEUCHTER:

Agreed to the 4th power.

II:
Ditto.  Squared, triangulated and bent over a chair.  cheese

Once decriminalized the profit factor wouldn’t go completely away. Come to think of it, decriminalization could be a selling point for the free market capitalist (providing desired consumer product for a price) and the government (popular product to tax) alike.

Think of the jobs it would create!
Jobs that don’t inspire images of Hillary blowing .  cool smile

Signature 

“Proving the efficacy of a methodology without defining the word ‘efficacy’ can come back to bite you in the assertion.”—Salt Creek

Posted: 27 March 2009 03:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3208
Joined  2007-04-26

I’m not surprised Hillary would take such a public stance. If any prominent Democrat came out for decriminalization, the culture warriors in the GOP would smell blood. I suspect the issue will go nowhere until a Republican moderate publicly endorses it.

Posted: 27 March 2009 06:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2492
Joined  2008-04-05

Totally agreed. Been a civil libertarian all of my adult life.

Signature 

‘Every reflecting mind must acknowledge that there is no proof of the existence of a Deity’

‘If ignorance of nature gave birth to gods, knowledge of nature destroys them’

Percy Bysshe Shelley

Posted: 27 March 2009 08:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1044
Joined  2008-02-15
Andrew - 26 March 2009 04:14 PM

Our insatiable demand for illegal drugs fuels the drug trade . . . Our inability to prevent weapons from being illegally smuggled across the border to arm these criminals causes the deaths of police officers, soldiers and civilians.

(Andrew):  No, Hillary. It’s our country’s insane, ineffective 100-year old war on drugs which has driven up the price, fueled the trade and created narco-terrorists.

Something we do agree on!

Signature 

Why is there Something instead of Nothing: No reason or ever knowable reason.

Kissing Hank’s Ass
Pope Song (rated NC17).

Posted: 28 March 2009 07:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-04-02

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2009/03/28/fundraising-jump-for-marijuana-group-after-obama-snub/#more-45599

Marijuana backers aren’t laughing about President Obama’s flippant dismissal of a pot-related question during Thursday’s online town hall meeting — and the country’s leading marijuana advocacy group, The National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws, has seen its donations quadruple over the last 24 hours.

Allen St. Pierre, the executive director of NORML, told CNN “our donation boxes started to flood” after Obama laughed off a Web question about whether legalizing marijuana would improve the economy and job creation. St. Pierre said traffic to the group’s Web site has “increased precipitously” since Thursday.

“About half of the donation comments have a reference to Mr. Obama’s comments,” St. Pierre said. “As far as I’m concerned, he could show up every single day and rag on marijuana.”

Signature 

Posted: 28 March 2009 04:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  200
Joined  2007-06-08

Legalise it, regulate it and tax it!

I never really agreed with the idea that illegal drugs should be legalised but I guess people are going to take them anyway so why not make it both safer and easier.

Sounds like an instant revenue winner for the Govt.

Dom

Signature 

“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.”

Steven Weinberg

Posted: 28 March 2009 07:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2009-01-19
The anti-theist - 28 March 2009 08:34 PM

I never really agreed with the idea that illegal drugs should be legalised

Why?

Posted: 28 March 2009 07:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-07-20
Piero - 28 March 2009 11:15 PM
The anti-theist - 28 March 2009 08:34 PM

I never really agreed with the idea that illegal drugs should be legalised

Why?

I have seen a lot of damage done by drugs, including a kid who put 45 stab wounds into a friend while cranking.  Nevertheless, if I added up all the havoc wreaked by drugs, it wouldn’t come close to the carnage that alcohol has wreaked.  And you can have my bottle of vodka when you pry it from my cold dead hands.

The only reservation I have about legalizing drugs is PCP, which has really twisted people up, and doesn’t seem like a good high at all.

Signature 

“I am one of the few people I know who has argued in print that torture may be an ethical necessity in our war on terror.”  Sam Harris October 17, 2005

Posted: 28 March 2009 08:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2009-01-19
teuchter - 28 March 2009 11:24 PM

The only reservation I have about legalizing drugs is PCP, which has really twisted people up, and doesn’t seem like a good high at all.

What’s PCP? (I’m sorry for asking so many questions, but I’m genuinely confused on the issue of legalising hard drugs (and not being a native English speaker doesn’t help…), so I’d like to get some feedback from other forum members.)

Posted: 28 March 2009 08:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-07-20
Piero - 29 March 2009 12:08 AM

What’s PCP?

Phencylclidine—- angel dust.
A major hallucinogen derived from a large animal tranquilizer.  Like taking LSD (which probably didn’t hurt very many people) and a massive dose of meth, so that you are simultaneously crazy as a loon and vastly energetic.  Since it also serves to kill pain, 10 cops with batons might not slow you down, so it also serves to get more than a few people shot.  I’ve seen people on it, and I’ve read the autopsy reports generated by people on it, and it may be the one drug that has no good benefits and some really destructive side effects.

Signature 

Posted: 28 March 2009 08:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2009-01-19

Thank you, Teuchter. What I don’t get is why would anyone take PCP. It sounds like hell.

1 of 2

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed