Sam “knows???”
Posted: 29 December 2010 09:22 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2010-12-29

Tonight on Dateline this is the direct quote from Sam:

“I know that the religious belief, the dogmatism, the faith is unnecessary.  I know you don’t need faith, you don’t need to pretend to know things you don’t know in order to investigate spiritual experience, or to have spiritual experience.”

#1.  Your argument contridicts itself.  How can you “know” that what others “know” or pretend to “know” is not the same “knowledge” that you admonish yourself in having.

#2 If you do “know” this to be truth, what is your source, Doctor?  Give me some scientific eveidence that “knowledge” is “factual” in the sense that what you or I “know” to be the truth is…

You are too loose in stating what true knowledge is.

[ Edited: 16 December 2011 03:20 AM by Nhoj Morley]

Posted: 29 December 2010 09:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Rank
Joined  2010-12-29

So, where are all of the scientific fans with answers to this?  Do you have to consult The Man - Sam?

Posted: 29 December 2010 10:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Rank
Joined  2010-12-29

Just as I thought on this site.  A bunch of blind followers of this creep’s wacked-out inability to reason with reasoning.  If you people really belive that what this freek “knows” as “knowledge” why are you hiding from the questions and theories I proposed?  Is what he “knows” no more than a “faith” in some “belief” that you follow and, is not that a “faith” or “belief” - even a “knowledge” of truth???  You are just as worthy of his critisism in believing any one faith or truth as the rest of us who have the same in what is the True Truth!

Posted: 30 December 2010 12:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  500
Joined  2005-02-22

The truthy truth of it is, you seem to be having quite a party already.

Most of us stay away from the word salad bar.

My advice… don’t sweat the verbage.

Signature 

Delude responsibly.

Posted: 30 December 2010 03:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3255
Joined  2004-12-24
Nhoj Morley - 30 December 2010 05:33 PM

My advice… don’t sweat the verbage.

Or how about ... don’t spin the word salad ... eh?

Signature 

“We say, ‘Love your brother…’ We don’t say it really, but… Well we don’t literally say it. We don’t really, literally mean it. No, we don’t believe it either, but… But that message should be clear.”—David St. Hubbins

Posted: 01 January 2011 11:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-12-29

from what i have read in this forum, it seems mr. harris has two things going for him; and that is he seems to genuinely want to find the truth and he seems to be honest about how he is doing that.  these are two disciplines that are needed in just such an endeavor and need to be adhered to or else the sting of the truth will not be mentally acceptable and your mind will reject it in order to stay immature.

the truth is that we all have many personalities, some mature, most immature; from the past and we need to mature these in order to unify these and become one with ourselves and then with you know Who:)  because you know Who can’t have the relationship He is wanting and requiring if we do not mature for Him.  this is what the old and new testament is telling you is possible and to do.  and it is only those who have did this that are allowed to see. luke 17:21 to luke 3:4-6 to john 17:21 to rev. 22:14. boom:)  or jut do a proverbs 2:1-5 but you still have to understand luke 17:21.

hint: low self-esteem = valley
arrogance = mountain

peace

Posted: 14 October 2011 10:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2009-05-03

I know that having a pet turtle, caring for a pet turtle and feeling the love a pet turtle can give you is unnecessary; you can live a full and happy life without a pet turtle.  Why do i know this?  Because I am living a full and happy life without a pet turtle.  See what I did there?  Does his statement make sense to you now?

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed