Sam harris, I am loosing faith in aeithism, pls hlp
Posted: 07 March 2011 03:33 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-03-07

For a time atheism has been about one thing, that is proving there is no supernatural force in this world, there is no good there is no nothing. There is no afterlife or anything of the sort, ghosts, karma and most the mystical don’t exist to a true atheist.

This is what disturbs me is about the movement is why does a scientist have to be an atheist, i mean most of the great minds of the past were Christians and were probably more true in their faith then the rest of the general public.

Then there is this documentry i came across and i watched it

http://www.veoh.com/browse/videos/category/educational_and_howto/watch/v18716691EYnAjQty#watch=v18716702ywjnbg6n

So don’t know how this much evidence there is of this, however this documentary exposes the shroud of tourin was redated to be from the time of Jesus and not a middle age forgery. They also found the image of a coins in the eyes of the shroud and the coins date back to the death of Jesus and archaeology were only in use for less than twenty years (it just so happens this twenty years were around when Jesus dide). These coins where found imprinted on the shroud.

Then to make matters worse there is this claim, of hidden infomation contained within the shroud and that the imiage could of only been made by a laser that we could not reproduce now adays or for 200 years in the future.

The worse part is they say the image on this shroud was created while the body was floating in the air, and that THERE IS EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT A MINI BIG BANG TOOK PLACE IN THE SHROUD.

I thought Jesus was supposed to be the boogie the man, a fable, a fiction some thing we laugh about it. He is supposed to be an imaginary friend to adults and is never supposed to have exhisted. JESUS IS FAKE AND IS SUPPOSED TO BE FAKE :(

So here i sit confused and wondering whats faith, i don’t have faith but its easier to believe he don’t exist, and this evidence says he is more than a man. This goes against my core beliefs. I need help with this, i would love to have someone of the calibur of sam harris to debunk this for me. Then i can go back to sleep at night with knowledge that no god really does exhist

[ Edited: 07 March 2011 03:36 PM by Vindicatos]

Posted: 07 March 2011 07:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  81
Joined  2010-09-10

Is this what passes for honesty in your camp?  Try reading his book, THEN posting on his forum.

“THERE IS EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT A MINI BIG BANG TOOK PLACE IN THE SHROUD.”

Obvious troll is obvious. 2/10

Posted: 08 March 2011 04:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-03-07

yeah lol i should downsize it that shit i see what you mean, i just a wondering they said in the documentary that a big occurred. I just want the facts or lack of facts torn down so i can chuckle at this nonsense.

I personally just want Sam to tear this documentary to shreds and make it yell daddy. The guy makes a lot of sense in what i seen of him talking on youtube. I really like how he trieds to dispel phroibition, yet doesn’t go so far to really diss goverment as most others do but instead makes the problem go home to roost who the hell are the stupid yokels who love geroge bush but support the drugwar

Why the hell, when homosexuality is a sin to Christians are these guys not at picketing prisons and crying about the forced sodomy. Why aren’t these Christians crying about the drug laws that allow innoecnt young men to be forcefully sodomize.  If i remember isn’t that why god destroyed sodom and ghramorah, is that those who lived that wanted to rape people, they weren’t just having consensual homosexual sex.

I AM NOT A CHRISTIAN AND I KNOW YET THERE ARE MILLIONS OF CHRISTIANS WHO CAN’T FIGURE THIS SHIT OUT, WOW

Yet oh the christian church has to do what ever the government tells it because of romans 13 garbage. that i looked that shit and it clearly talks about a single king or ruler not about elected officials. Since christian vote elcted officials they are accountable to themselfs as the ruler because they help to vote the guy in office. 

WHEN I SEE JESUS CAMP AND THOSE KIDS WERE WORSHIPING GEORGE BUSH AND PRAYING TO HIM IT JUST MADE ME SICK AND PISSED OFF.

If there are any christian trolls reading this please tell your people and maybe jesus, haha thats assuming he is real…  (snicker)

...TO STOP SUPPORTING THE FORCED HOMOSEXUAL PRISON RAPE GOING ON, and if there a god (snicker, haha) aren’t you christians going to be fucked whoever supported do you think God is going to say good job on supporting the rape of youngmen and teenagers in the name of a drugwar. What are they going to have to answer to on that judgment throne. A christian once told me god will forgive all those but them who hurt the little ones as its unforgivable, little ones get hurt in the drug war.  Wake up church pull your head of out your ass

P.S.  BPA in plastics is feminizing young boys and is might be responsible for homosexuality, not the devil making em homosexual :p

After thinking about i can see why he hates the church the so much and its not so benign but very fuckin dangerous :(

[ Edited: 08 March 2011 05:03 AM by Vindicatos]

Posted: 08 March 2011 05:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  81
Joined  2010-09-10

Perhaps I spoke too soon, perhaps you are genuine.  If you are (though I still have my doubts) then you need direction.  On the homosexual angle, I would suggest watching the debate between Christopher Hitchens and Stephen Fry vs. two members of the catholic church (should be on YT somewhere). 

As far as the shroud is concerned, it was admitted to be forged.  The initial publicity was a hoax; it hadn’t recently been found, it has been known about since it was ‘created’ in the middle ages.  You don’t have to date it, just look at the historical analysis of the weave of the cloth.  Saying this was what jeebus wore is like saying that a florida gators t-shirt from today was made in the middle ages, offering proof that UF has been around for centuries.  You can tell it’s a fake by the weave and style of the garment.

I really recommend, again, you read sam’s books in their entirety, and then pick up a copy of Christopher Hitchens The Portable Atheist.  Once you’ve completed those, not only will your writing improve, but your confidence in your own skepticism should be bolstered to the point that a documentary (which is shorthand for ‘movie that doesn’t require factual accuracy, only an opinion’) will do little, if anything, to shake it.

Go to AcademicEarth.org, watch a few lectures on philosophy, dig through a few debates on commonsenseatheism.com, then come back and let us know what YOU think about the documentary.

See ya then!

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed
newrelic.loglevel = "verbosedebug" newrelic.daemon.loglevel = "verbosedebug"