Sam does drugs…let’s follow him!
Posted: 10 July 2011 08:54 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2011-04-02

Yeah, I did LSD, too, Sammy. But I threw away all my drawings and writings from that period in my life after I experienced the living God on a perfectly drug-free day and spent the next six years intensely searching for answers to who this God truly was. And he showed up again and again, as plainly as the stupidity on your face. (I see you.)

This search brought me into a monastery and into a degree of contemplation that demanded the purest mind and body I could muster.

It seems polluting yourself with drugs, and steering your children in that direction, is your answer to living a profound life.

Any time you wish to debate me, someone who has actually met God in a way you have never witnessed before (you know, the St. Francis and Paul of Tarsus way), set it up. I am no religious fool. In fact, I am not religious in the least. I have an understanding and a knowledge of God given to me by God himself. It will be God, the Holy Spirit, who will come along, too. I don’t think you’ve met him on a profound level as of yet.

You and your friends like Bill Maher look to the fringes of religion to find support for your atheism and for people to debate. No wonder you only find crusty bread and over-cooked meat. Meet me in the middle and then see how firmly you can stand your ground. Who knows, you may be able to actually sell some books.

Oh, and don’t worry about my credentials, for I know you value human learning. I, too, have a philosophy degree and an advanced degree.

Posted: 10 July 2011 09:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  500
Joined  2005-02-22

Hey, look! There’s BM’s over here, too!

Signature 

Delude responsibly.

Posted: 11 July 2011 01:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2011-07-07

How disappointing, this didn’t turn out to be about drugs. Troll title.

Posted: 11 July 2011 07:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  500
Joined  2005-02-22

This abrasive poster is known as Brother Mario on the Project Reason Forum.

Do not expect a coherent discussion. It will not be forthcoming.

Signature 

Delude responsibly.

Posted: 11 July 2011 10:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Rank
Joined  2011-07-07

I suspected as much. Thanks for the heads up.

Posted: 11 July 2011 10:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  800
Joined  2010-11-12
Joe Mello - 11 July 2011 12:54 AM

Yeah, I did LSD, too, Sammy. But I threw away all my drawings and writings from that period in my life after I experienced the living God on a perfectly drug-free day and spent the next six years intensely searching for answers to who this God truly was. And he showed up again and again, as plainly as the stupidity on your face. (I see you.)

This search brought me into a monastery and into a degree of contemplation that demanded the purest mind and body I could muster.

It seems polluting yourself with drugs, and steering your children in that direction, is your answer to living a profound life.

Any time you wish to debate me, someone who has actually met God in a way you have never witnessed before (you know, the St. Francis and Paul of Tarsus way), set it up. I am no religious fool. In fact, I am not religious in the least. I have an understanding and a knowledge of God given to me by God himself. It will be God, the Holy Spirit, who will come along, too. I don’t think you’ve met him on a profound level as of yet.

You and your friends like Bill Maher look to the fringes of religion to find support for your atheism and for people to debate. No wonder you only find crusty bread and over-cooked meat. Meet me in the middle and then see how firmly you can stand your ground. Who knows, you may be able to actually sell some books.

Oh, and don’t worry about my credentials, for I know you value human learning. I, too, have a philosophy degree and an advanced degree.

The Unabomber also had an advanced degree.

Hey….what tha…......I thought if you saw God you died.

:-0

Posted: 11 July 2011 11:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Rank
Joined  2011-07-07

Like Moses, he must have just seen the back of god’s head…

as he was hammering him in the ass.

Posted: 11 July 2011 02:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2011-04-02

Nhoj, I was very coherent. Sam Harris promotes drug use as a profound and inevitable life style. And this makes him an idiot. I, on the other hand, promote a drug-free clear mind, and claim that a living God exists and shows up from time to time. What is so fucking incoherent about this? I guess the sodomy reference from the other idiot is really coherent and true. What a bunch of fools.

Posted: 11 July 2011 02:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  800
Joined  2010-11-12
Joe Mello - 11 July 2011 06:15 PM

Nhoj, I was very coherent. Sam Harris promotes drug use as a profound and inevitable life style. And this makes him an idiot. I, on the other hand, promote a drug-free clear mind, and claim that a living God exists and shows up from time to time. What is so fucking incoherent about this? I guess the sodomy reference from the other idiot is really coherent and true. What a bunch of fools.

It would be easy for God to dispel rumors of his absence.
I hate to tell you this, but that wasn’t God you saw.
It was an electro-chemical reaction in the brain you call yours.
If a certain area of the brain is stimulated all types of mystical experiences result.

Come onnnnnnnnn…....you don’t really believe in a big guy in the sky that is ultra-interested in everything humans do….....do you?

I have some property on Mars for sale….......

Posted: 04 October 2014 10:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Rank
Joined  2014-10-04
Vishnu - 11 July 2011 11:40 AM

Like Moses, he must have just seen the back of god’s head…

as he was hammering him in the ass.

If this is the response that we come up with for a series of posts that we found irrelevant, or not thought-provoking, shame on us.  All we have shown is that we can copy the very actions that we pretend to object against and then take it up a notch.
Now to try and pull this thread towards its intended topic, which is drug use, it’s positive or negative effects I have this to ask:  As a group we tend to boast to be well grounded in scientific data, and objective facts, not mere superstition, however, the closest thing that came to scientific facts supporting Sams argument for drugs as a safe “tool” to use that doesn’t harm the brain we got basically nothing.  Sam stated that some tests have shown negative damage to the brain, or more specifically effects that slow the brain down, while others have shown increased brain activity.  Now, I am pretty confident that Sam is well aware that increased brain activity is anything but the same thing as healthy brain activity.  I have very increased brain activity on average once a month,  then I have a seizure.  Vague statements like this can be very misleading, especially considering your audience may not say “Sam does drugs…. let’s follow him”, or your critics may say it sarcastically, yet whether they know it or not, they do say “let’s follow Sam”. 
If I were to feel that I needed anything outside of my body to have a spiritual experience I would value that “spiritual experience” extremely low.  This is my reasoning why;  and I am going to put aside all personal experience as being subjective and holding little to no value on this forum.  I am a narcoleptic ( this may sound as if it is going somewhere subjective but bear with me) as Sam and other people learned in neuroscience know, narcoleptics experience something called sleep-paralysis, this occurs to me when I am waking up and has been described to me as hypnagogic or predormital sleep paralysis. When it occurs upon awakening, I become aware before the REM cycle is complete, and it is called hypnopompic or postdormital.  This may very well seem to be an “out of the body experience”, and from my experience, a little bit of opinion here, has far more to contribute than purchasing LSD or LSA on the street and experimenting with it.  Especially after discovering what the vast majority of the psychedelic drugs are that are availble for retail in America, you should certainly be losing equal sleep at the thought of anybody valuable to you using LSD.  Psilocybin, yes can easily be grown on your own under your own supervision in your closet and therefore makes it just as trustworthy as GHB, Meth, or crack.  Don’t be fooled, unless suppressed there is no reason that you can not be fully in touch with the spiritual realm without the aid of marketed “helpers” like LSD.  Yes God put everything on the planet for a reason, and I think some things have been placed here to expose the ignorance of others.

Posted: 18 October 2014 07:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2014-10-18

In terms of the “spiritual path”, “waking up” or just “figuring out who/what you really are”, I’m not sure there are any universal methods to get “there”.  If there were, they would be more pervasive.

Each person’s delusion is different and hence the medicine they need is likely to be different as well.  I’ve seen some methods work great for some people only to be used as an escape by others.  This includes nearly every spiritual practice out there including mediation. I believe that this extends to drugs as well.

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed