Carricature Spoof On Muhammad SAW.
Posted: 13 August 2011 05:21 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2011-08-13

thanks for reading.

first of all I am not what you considered as “moderate Muslim”...never I am one!

had listened to Sam Harris’  take on the “caricature” about Muhammad SAW via the radio interview posted on his website.

my Muslimus Maximus view on that - GO AHEAD!! INDULGE YOURSELF!  you can make a contest too!

what I am trying to say is - we Muslims do not care much about what you think, but rather try to understand what made you think that our faith is erred.

you reject Muhammad, you ridicule him…

but let me ask you this - if someone made a cartoon about someone you love…will you just simply dismiss it as “funny”?

what if I made a cartoon about you taking a dump on your wife? (just an example to stress my point)

will it provoke you?

well…lets just say that we, the real Muslims are not offended by you. we find you funny, even hysterical.

Posted: 23 October 2011 09:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-10-23
Kill-kill-kill - 13 August 2011 09:21 PM

thanks for reading.

first of all I am not what you considered as “moderate Muslim”...never I am one!

had listened to Sam Harris’  take on the “caricature” about Muhammad SAW via the radio interview posted on his website.

my Muslimus Maximus view on that - GO AHEAD!! INDULGE YOURSELF!  you can make a contest too!

what I am trying to say is - we Muslims do not care much about what you think, but rather try to understand what made you think that our faith is erred.

you reject Muhammad, you ridicule him…

but let me ask you this - if someone made a cartoon about someone you love…will you just simply dismiss it as “funny”?

what if I made a cartoon about you taking a dump on your wife? (just an example to stress my point)

will it provoke you?

well…lets just say that we, the real Muslims are not offended by you. we find you funny, even hysterical.

It might provoke me, but I wouldn’t kill you or burn a car or embassy building over it.  And, any person or group who does such deserves ridicule and should reconsider what it is to be moral.

Posted: 09 January 2012 11:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  102
Joined  2012-01-09

Cartoons can be done in good taste or in bad.  A cartoon of me talking a dump on a loved one could be in bad taste, in which case I would ignore it (I got enough things to do in my day) or it could be in good taste in which case I would laugh and smile smile

Consider the original cartoons, you can see them here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Jyllands-Posten-pg3-article-in-Sept-30-2005-edition-of-KulturWeekend-entitled-Muhammeds-ansigt.png

Of course opinion of good taste may differ from person to person.  But I think the worst of the bunch on there is maybe Muhammad in a line-up, just judging from the pictorials (I don’t understand Danish.)

Certainly there’s nothing on the level of someone taking a dump on Muhammad.

‹‹ The Toronto 18      The Problem of Islam ››
RSS 2.0     Atom Feed