Bill Hicks
Posted: 24 September 2011 08:41 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-09-24

I wasn’t sure if you all were aware of a comedian who passed away back in ‘94 named Bill Hicks.  Bill grew up in the South, as did I, and he was doing this material back in the 80’s/early 90’s when it was considered hugely inappropriate.  (It still is, but you get my point).  I was telling a friend how no one I know ever knows who he was when I mention his name, but he’s widely considered among the best who’s ever lived.  Here’s a clip from a show he did in London in ‘92:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCCJlkGVBw0&feature=bf_prev&list=PL49A5A840A8B6B566&lf=results_video#t=08m28s

Admittedly, I started the clip at a section I thought would be appropriate on the forum.  It’s towards the end of the clip I’m posting, so let it roll into the next clip, as he continues his rant on the subject.  As many people who liked him have thought over the years, I wonder what his material would have been like had he lived to see everything that’s happened since ‘94.  Carlin was around, sure, but I enjoyed Bill’s approach a bit better.  Anyway, I hope you all enjoy, and I’m sorry to all of you for whom Bill is old news.

Posted: 08 February 2012 01:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2012-02-08

love bill hicks. recently finished reading book, “love all the people”, its all bills words, his stand up routines, his interviews, his letters etc, a great insight into a human mind, and a sad reminder that the good ones die young. he was deadly toward organised religion, what surprises me after reading the book is that it seems that he did believe in god, in his own unique way, he regularly says words to the effect that god is true love and there is everlasting happiness. i havent looked too much into this but that is deffinately the impression you get from the man. but well done for keeping his name alive, it should be.

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed