2 of 3
does anyone else intend to vote for Romney/Ryan?
Posted: 17 September 2012 04:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  802
Joined  2010-11-12
Ebson Floze - 17 September 2012 01:45 PM
toombaru - 16 September 2012 11:06 AM

I always vote for the person who has created a world view that coincides closest with my own.
I tend to like people who think the way I do about things and dislike those who don’t.
Of course I assume that I have a pretty good understanding of the way things work…....you know foreign policy and economics….stuff like that.
There are a few things that I’m not sure about but I think I like someone who is sure about those kind of things.
Basically I guess I vote based on how I think whoever is running will help to improve my own life.
I have worked very hard and would like to keep as much money as I can to spend on things I like.
I like fancy cars and fancy watches….......well….....just about anything fancy.
So I guess I’m not going to vote for Obama.

Sounds like you know more about the Romney plan than I do. Can you share something with me about his economic policy? Because all I have seen to date really falls short of a serious analysis. I don’t want posturing from Ryan about spending bills that got bipartisan support. I want to see numbers and serious articulation about what should be cut. It is entirely possible that I’ve missed a memo, but (much to my chagrin as a fiscal conservative) the Dems seem to have bamboozled Romney into a completely reactive campaign.

Given the option of living with snakes, I always tend to choose the non-venomous kind.

Posted: 19 September 2012 11:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  140
Joined  2012-08-11

Stick a fork in him.  He’s done.

It’s a fundamental design flaw to have a democracy with merely 2 parties, IMO.

Signature 

What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.
~ Hitch

I prefer the full-on embrace of reality to the spiritual masturbation that is religion.
~ S.A. Ladoucier

I think the world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people
~ M. Teresa, Fruitcake of Calcutta

Posted: 19 September 2012 01:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1585
Joined  2006-10-20
Ice Monkey - 19 September 2012 11:14 AM

The last week is going to be difficult for Romney and the Republicans to overcome.  The video of him stating he’s not concerned with the 47% who won’t vote for him no matter what is most likely true, but the 5-8% of the undecided and wavering he and Obama are really fighting over were given an unadulterated taste of what the Republicans stand for, namely the rich.

So vote Republican (the Bread And Circuses party) if you think government is for the benefit of rich, and churches are for the poor.  Vote Democrat if you think government is for the benefit of us all.

Signature 

“All extremists should be killed!” - neighbor’s bumper sticker

Posted: 19 September 2012 02:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-08-11
Skipshot - 19 September 2012 01:47 PM

The last week is going to be difficult for Romney and the Republicans to overcome.  The video of him stating he’s not concerned with the 47% who won’t vote for him no matter what is most likely true, but the 5-8% of the undecided and wavering he and Obama are really fighting over were given an unadulterated taste of what the Republicans stand for, namely the rich.

So vote Republican (the Bread And Circuses party) if you think government is for the benefit of rich, and churches are for the poor.  Vote Democrat if you think government is for the benefit of us all.

Not to mention showing his real position on foreign policy (clueless). 

It’s just as well.  Better to find out now that he’s not ready for prime time, instead of watching him look like a deer caught in headlights for the next 4 years.

Signature 

~ Hitch

I prefer the full-on embrace of reality to the spiritual masturbation that is religion.
~ S.A. Ladoucier

Posted: 19 September 2012 03:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-11-12

Romney simply meant that those inclined to freeloading are not likely to vote for him.

Posted: 19 September 2012 03:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-11-12
toombaru - 19 September 2012 03:00 PM

Romney simply meant that those inclined to freeloading are not likely to vote for him.

It’s difficult to run a free society when half the population is permanently attached to the government udder.
Hey…........that’s a good bumpersticker!

Posted: 19 September 2012 04:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-08-11
toombaru - 19 September 2012 03:13 PM

It’s difficult to run a free society when half the population is permanently attached to the government udder.

Mighta been cool if perhaps the government didn’t stand by and let poorly regulated financial groups rape the shyte out of people, then asked the victim to bail out it’s abuser.

Just my guess at what the largest difference is between the US and Canada that resulted in such two different reactions to the global financial meltdown.  We aren’t unscathed up here, though by comparison we appear so.

Signature 

~ Hitch

~ S.A. Ladoucier

Posted: 19 September 2012 07:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-11-12
Ice Monkey - 19 September 2012 04:36 PM

Mighta been cool if perhaps the government didn’t stand by and let poorly regulated financial groups rape the shyte out of people, then asked the victim to bail out it’s abuser.

Just my guess at what the largest difference is between the US and Canada that resulted in such two different reactions to the global financial meltdown.  We aren’t unscathed up here, though by comparison we appear so.

Well…....for one who doesn’t believe in free will, all speculation about how things would be banks were founded on compassion is wasted energy.
Life is so much easier without having to make all those decisions.
If I did have free will, I would choose not to have it.

Posted: 20 September 2012 10:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-08-11
toombaru - 19 September 2012 07:45 PM

Well…....for one who doesn’t believe in free will, all speculation about how things would be banks were founded on compassion is wasted energy.

No bank is founded upon compassion, hence the regulations.

Signature 

~ Hitch

~ S.A. Ladoucier

Posted: 20 September 2012 11:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-11-12
Ice Monkey - 20 September 2012 10:29 AM
toombaru - 19 September 2012 07:45 PM

No bank is founded upon compassion, hence the regulations.

Regulations are not founded on compassion.
Nothing on earth is founded on compassion.
“Compassion” is an imaginary ideal.

Posted: 20 September 2012 01:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-08-11

I’m quite open to suggestions, if anyone wants to see if they can come up with another suggestion for a prime reason for the glaring financial differences.

(we don’t regulate based upon “compassion”.  It’s done simply because we aren’t stupid)

Signature 

~ Hitch

~ S.A. Ladoucier

Posted: 02 October 2012 09:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2012-10-02

I will be voting for Romney.  I agree with many of his policies; particularly on economic and national security issues, but less so on social issues.

My real disgust and disappointment with Obama is his laziness and his hypocrisy.  He seldom meets with his economic or national security advisors.  He refuses to try to work with congress.  He golfs and campaigns, that’s it.  And he wonders why his will is not magically accomplished.

Consider this scenario:  You hire a plumber to fix your clogged toilets.  He then sits around your house all day, watching your TV and drinking your beer.  At the end of day, he tells you that the toilet was too badly clogged and he couldn’t fix it.  In fact, he says, no plumber could have fixed it.  So he wants you to pay for him to come back tomorrow and do it all over again.  Would you re-hire him?

Posted: 02 October 2012 10:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1585
Joined  2006-10-20
Dubs - 02 October 2012 09:07 PM

My real disgust and disappointment with Obama is his laziness and his hypocrisy.

What were your expectations of Obama?

Here’s a biased list of things he’s done, but it is meaningless to Republicans whose only goal is to make Obama a one term president, never mind trying to fix the damage or make lives better.  To the contrary, if the Republicans helped Obama then Obama would take the credit, so the strategy of the out-of-power party is to make things as bad as possible for the people so the people vote the in-power bums out.

Signature 

“All extremists should be killed!” - neighbor’s bumper sticker

Posted: 03 October 2012 04:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2012-07-18

....And none are attached more tightly or drink more deeply from the teat of state than do the Willard Romneys of this world.

It does not go by the name Food Stamps, Medicare, Medicaid, or Disability but utterly unearned and totally undeserved entitlement it still is—orders of magnitude greater than that received by those Romney would like to write off as insignificant freeloaders.

This is a fact neither party is to keen on being brought to the light of day.

Signature 

“Money is like manure, its only good if you spread it around.”  —Winston Churchill

Posted: 03 October 2012 08:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2012-10-02
Skipshot - 02 October 2012 10:10 PM

What were your expectations of Obama?

That is a double-sided question.  What I “expected” from Obama is essentially what we got from him.  Due to his lack of leadership or executive experience, and his habit of voting “present”, I did not expect him to perform well as president.  What I had “hoped” for was for him to live up to the hype of his 2008 campaign.  However, I did expect him to at least do the best that he could.  I feel that he has coasted and used the republican opposition as an excuse.

I would find his defense (that the problems were just too big for him, or anyone, to solve in just one term) more credible if he had actually made a serious attempt to fix things.  Meeting with his jobs council once this year does not send a message that he is actually concerned about unemployment, despite his rhetoric.  Skipping half of his morning security briefings, and going to Vegas to campaign the day after a terrorist attack on our embassy in Benghazi (and lying to the American people and the families of the victims about the nature and cause of the attack, perhaps to cover up the failures of his administration) does not send a message that he is actually concerned about national security.

In my analogy about the plumber, one of the points that I was trying to make was that I would find the plumbers claim about the difficulty of the repair more credible if he had actually done more than looked at the toilet for 5 minutes and make a couple speeches.

2 of 3

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed