Campaign for religious reformation
Posted: 16 September 2012 10:24 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2012-09-10

I think we should start comparing religious texts, in a literal way (just like fundamentalists do), with the laws, values and ethics we have as a country and/or a culture. If the text literally says something that goes against our contemporary laws and values, than this religion should be rejected, or the text should be “updated”, reformulated, to reflect the “new” (symbolic) meaning. If in the text for instance it says “kill homosexuals” but they really don’t mean “kill”, than the text needs to be changed - or denounced as highly unethical and contrary to the social organization we have - and we should not let it infiltrate in our schools, political parties, churches etc. In this way we will be pushing towards reformation, especially in Islam.
I made a facebook page for this topic. “Campaign for religious reformation”

Posted: 16 September 2012 10:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  800
Joined  2010-11-12
Yuriria - 16 September 2012 10:24 AM

I think we should start comparing religious texts, in a literal way (just like fundamentalists do), with the laws, values and ethics we have as a country and/or a culture. If the text literally says something that goes against our contemporary laws and values, than this religion should be rejected, or the text should be “updated”, reformulated, to reflect the “new” (symbolic) meaning. If in the text for instance it says “kill homosexuals” but they really don’t mean “kill”, than the text needs to be changed - or denounced as highly unethical and contrary to the social organization we have - and we should not let it infiltrate in our schools, political parties, churches etc. In this way we will be pushing towards reformation, especially in Islam.
I made a facebook page for this topic. “Campaign for religious reformation”

All religion arises out of fear and the desire to sustain the illusion of self.
There is no way to rearrange religious percepts to make sense.

[ Edited: 16 September 2012 10:40 AM by toombaru]

Posted: 17 September 2012 01:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Rank
Joined  2012-09-10

That I know, but if we ask for a reformation with a lot of pressure we will create a crisis inside the religious community and that will be very productive in my point of view because those who call them selves moderate will have to define their moderation and they will have to face their incoherence, so better the fight against each other than attacking those who do not have anything to do with religion ( us) lol,  Don’t you think we should start asking for laws to preserve social peace, democracy respect and diversity in religion preaching? I invite you to “Campaign for religious reformation” ( in facebook); to discuss this issue, don’t we have start pushing to reformation in Islam and in all religions to avoid confusion?; moderates and radicals need to have a different religious text, you can not call your self moderate and vindicate all the Koran for example, they have to assume their point of view clearly and officially. They have to make it in public whether they are with democracy or with Islam for example. I really think that if we put a lot of pressure it’ll very interesting what can happen, but if we question from our point of view as atheist ( God exist or not) they will never show their real face, and this is very important don’t you think?, specially now. I agree with Sam one of the biggest problem is moderate people so how to shake them? , like this; pushing them to clarify their minds and their positions. the question: if you are moderated why are you vindicating all the Koran?, be clear and show it officially what are you taking as Alah words and what not, for example, and then: why do you call Muslim if you are not following all their principles? They need a mirror. and so on..  We have to assume that there is some people that are totally unable to leave their concept of God, so we really have to act with that reality and not thinking that they will change, specially now with the big danger of Islam, we can do that now! only now!, when the majority is not Muslim and pro-democracy or latter it’ll be to late. Divide and win, and to win for us is to save democracy, freedom of speech, human rights, science, diversity etc.( sorry for my English)

[ Edited: 17 September 2012 01:27 AM by Yuriria]

Posted: 17 September 2012 11:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-11-12
Yuriria - 17 September 2012 01:07 AM

That I know, but if we ask for a reformation with a lot of pressure we will create a crisis inside the religious community and that will be very productive in my point of view because those who call them selves moderate will have to define their moderation and they will have to face their incoherence, so better the fight against each other than attacking those who do not have anything to do with religion ( us) lol,  Don’t you think we should start asking for laws to preserve social peace, democracy respect and diversity in religion preaching? I invite you to “Campaign for religious reformation” ( in facebook); to discuss this issue, don’t we have start pushing to reformation in Islam and in all religions to avoid confusion?; moderates and radicals need to have a different religious text, you can not call your self moderate and vindicate all the Koran for example, they have to assume their point of view clearly and officially. They have to make it in public whether they are with democracy or with Islam for example. I really think that if we put a lot of pressure it’ll very interesting what can happen, but if we question from our point of view as atheist ( God exist or not) they will never show their real face, and this is very important don’t you think?, specially now. I agree with Sam one of the biggest problem is moderate people so how to shake them? , like this; pushing them to clarify their minds and their positions. the question: if you are moderated why are you vindicating all the Koran?, be clear and show it officially what are you taking as Alah words and what not, for example, and then: why do you call Muslim if you are not following all their principles? They need a mirror. and so on..  We have to assume that there is some people that are totally unable to leave their concept of God, so we really have to act with that reality and not thinking that they will change, specially now with the big danger of Islam, we can do that now! only now!, when the majority is not Muslim and pro-democracy or latter it’ll be to late. Divide and win, and to win for us is to save democracy, freedom of speech, human rights, science, diversity etc.( sorry for my English)

What you suggest would be akin to going to the state mental hospital for the criminally insane and yelling:
“WHY DON"T YOU PEOPLE STRAIGHTEN UP?”
Sanity is a solitary quest.
Hey…...that’s a good bumper srticker.

Posted: 18 September 2012 09:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Rank
Joined  2012-09-10

yes I know but what to do then!!, they are ready to explode the planet, so we have to figure out how to manage the Insane, knowing they are the majority. Thats the roll of a psychiatrist and the nurse isn’t it, so if Sam is worry about the moderate ( and I think he is right) I have a strategy , a practical one!!. so here is my idea do what you want or can with it, any way I’m in Belgium and you somewhere else. I started to see religious people as another species, as if they will be another kind of animal than me, so how to control a plague?, thats the point. and to see them like that instead of thinking they can have reason, believe me I started to have more compassion with them, and the most incredible thing is that I can talk with them now, so for example instead of saying nature I say God lol they then listen better lol. I started a project with Jehovah witness, because I saw some videos of Muslims converting in Christians, and I thought thats the thing!!, if they can not stop believing in God better that they believe in Christ, specially this guy Masab Hassan Yousef, he has a extraordinary life story, he is the son of a Hamas leader, he worked as spy for the Israelis, and he has a very interesting mind: http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=cs4eVuFfqUs amazing story he clarify a lot of things, I studied him in his speech in all the youtube videos very interesting.  this woman also she gave me the key, she is an atheist very smart atheist, ex Muslim a politician and writer excellent, Ayaan Hirsi Ali http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EcD0EZ_mXM&feature=endscreen&NR=1 so I write all this not only for you but for all the readers, thank you for your comments. and sorry for my English.

[ Edited: 18 September 2012 09:13 AM by Yuriria]

Posted: 18 September 2012 09:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-11-12
Yuriria - 18 September 2012 09:10 AM

yes I know but what to do then!!, they are ready to explode the planet, so we have to figure out how to manage the Insane, knowing they are the majority. Thats the roll of a psychiatrist and the nurse isn’t it, so if Sam is worry about the moderate ( and I think he is right) I have a strategy , a practical one!!. so here is my idea do what you want or can with it, any way I’m in Belgium and you somewhere else. I started to see religious people as another species, as if they will be another kind of animal than me, so how to control a plague?, thats the point. and to see them like that instead of thinking they can have reason, believe me I started to have more compassion with them, and the most incredible thing is that I can talk with them now, so for example instead of saying nature I say God lol they then listen better lol. I started a project with Jehovah witness, because I saw some videos of Muslims converting in Christians, and I thought thats the thing!!, if they can not stop believing in God better that they believe in Christ, specially this guy Masab Hassan Yousef, he has a extraordinary life story, he is the son of a Hamas leader, he worked as spy for the Israelis, and he has a very interesting mind: http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=cs4eVuFfqUs amazing story he clarify a lot of things, I studied him in his speech in all the youtube videos very interesting.  this woman also she gave me the key, she is an atheist very smart atheist, ex Muslim a politician and writer excellent, Ayaan Hirsi Ali http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EcD0EZ_mXM&feature=endscreen&NR=1 so I write all this not only for you but for all the readers, thank you for your comments. and sorry for my English.

There are 2.2 billion Muslims in the world…........and growing,

Posted: 18 September 2012 10:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  152
Joined  2012-08-29
Yuriria - 16 September 2012 10:24 AM

If in the text for instance it says “kill homosexuals” but they really don’t mean “kill”, than the text needs to be changed - or denounced as highly unethical and contrary to the social organization we have - and we should not let it infiltrate in our schools, political parties, churches etc. In this way we will be pushing towards reformation, especially in Islam.

I know, right?  I mean, I’d be happy just to condemn them to hell for all eternity.  That would keep them from PDA’s in heaven.  Hating gay people is totally cool, but killing them seems a little rude.  After all, they’re going to hell soon enough.

Also, I don’t understand why all divorced women are condemned by Jesus in the Bible.  Maybe we should change that to be a short imprisonment here on Earth.  That way, they’ll have suffered sufficiently for their crime by the time they die and meet our Benevolent Creator.

I also have a few ideas concerning worshipers of false gods if you’d like to here them. 

Posted: 19 September 2012 01:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Rank
Joined  2012-09-10

I really don’t care what religious people are going to do in Heaven lol, any way I’m not going there lol it’ll be horrible to be surrounded by them! lol, but what I care is about human right here in the earth, so they can hate whoever they want, and condemn in the after life how ever the want, but do not incite to violate the democratic laws and human rights here. If your are Christian you have a lot of work to convert Muslims to save their soul. Just go for it, I’ll make soon a Gide for Christians to be able to understand the situation of a Muslim to convert them efficiently, it’s not the same as anybody else. ; )

[ Edited: 19 September 2012 01:04 AM by Yuriria]

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed