1 of 2
Please bar treblinka for spam and irrelevant rants
Posted: 20 May 2006 02:03 PM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  123
Joined  2006-04-19

I am posting this to request that the user treblinka be barred from future participation as his/her postings are irrelevant to any forum topics and he frequently spams endless rants about unrelated holocaust garbage under multiple topics with no purpose other than to see his rantings posted…. or so it seems. 

It is becoming disruptive and adds nothing to any discussion thread on any topic currently underway.

I am hoping to gain other user support in this effort, and even thought I have put treblinka on ignore, his posts still interrupt intelligent discussions with endless irrelevant ranting.

I would appreciate a response on this request when you get a chance.

Posted: 20 May 2006 02:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1076
Joined  2005-12-22

Please ban people who communicate with treblinka…

Posted: 20 May 2006 02:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  57
Joined  2006-04-24

I support Stan’s request.  Treblinka apparently adds nothing of value to these forums.

Even TheChampion provides insight, whether or not we agree with him.

And then there was Michael812, who apparently left on his own after much ridicule.

Treblinka, however, is a total waste of time.  Ban it.

Posted: 20 May 2006 07:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  842
Joined  2006-02-19

Have to say I agree with this one. Treblinka seems to just post his lunacy at random , irrespective of the topic. Many newbies on this site try to debate him (raise your hand if you tried to debate with treblinka upon joining this forum. Come on, be honest. OK, that’s better) without realizing the futility.

I also agree that just ignoring him won’t make him go away, as that he rarely responds to critisims anyway. Not to mention, as others have, that to new people joining the forum, ignoring him may seem as though we endorse what he says.

I have entered into debates with many of the loonies on this site and, if the right topic comes up to rile my sense of indignation, I may do so again. Having admitted that, I fail to see why anyone would choose to debate treblinka, nor can I see what his continued presence has to offer here.

Signature 

People have said that an infinite number of monkeys typing on an infinite number of keyboards would produce the works of Shakespeare, but the internet has shown this to be wrong.

Posted: 20 May 2006 07:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  901
Joined  2005-02-23

I think that I may have been one of the earlier people to request an ignore function. . .  That said, Treblinka is the only user on my ignore list, although I don’t have the time these days to engage in much debate (which I used to do with some frequency).

I hate the notion of banning anyone, and yet, many a good thread has been polluted with irrelevant and insane postings, so. . .  I know that many boards have restricted access, where some people cannot post to some forums.  I think that such a system might be nice, so that a user is not simply banned altrogether, but can be kept from rudely disrupting the serious threads.

-Matt

Posted: 20 May 2006 07:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  842
Joined  2006-02-19

Good idea, Matt. I have often suggested that treblinka start his own thread excusively devoted to his Holocaust denying Bulls-Hit, and that those who wish to read it or argue with him can go there. Is it possible to set him up with his own, and hopefully much ignored, soapbox?

Perhaps we could even include a disclaimer. Perhaps something like the ones before an infomercial, “The views expressed here do not reflect the views or opinions of samharris.org, it’s forum, the vast majority of it’s members, or any sane, rational, intelligent, or educated person on this, or any other, planet. Please read with the utmost caution. For entertainment purposes only (this assumes that you are a self-loathing massochist and enjoy torturing yourself). We are not responsible for any loss of I.Q. experienced by prolonged contact with the material contained within. Abbandon all hope of reasonable discoures all ye who enter within. You have been warned.” Then we wouldn’t even have to debate him!

Signature 

People have said that an infinite number of monkeys typing on an infinite number of keyboards would produce the works of Shakespeare, but the internet has shown this to be wrong.

Posted: 20 May 2006 08:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2168
Joined  2005-11-15

-

The only reason to let someone like this stick around is precisely BECAUSE of their inanity. Because he’s so egregious, he can cause lurking members of the board to finally speak up and join us. For better or worse, it was treblinka that first made me post; up until then, I had felt too shy of joining intense conversations that I had no hope of contributing to at the intellectual level. But he of course spurred me at the emotional level, so here I am :?. I can’t recall now what it was, but it was Catholic-related, and since that’s what I had ultimately escaped from (and continue to), treb’s post brought me to enough of a boil to dive in.

Might he/she still be useful in that way? After all, nothing highlights the need for an end of faith like a treblinka or a champ does. Their attitudes are prime examples, and look so incredibly silly in relation to what the non-theists put forth. Without trolls, the rest of us would miss out on some truly wonderful responses; I’m just sayin’ wink . . .

The problem lies mostly with treb—that he/she so doggedly holds to only one train of thought, while if only he/she would join the actual conversation (and the real world), there would be no issue here. The secondary problem, let’s face it, is having a non-involved Moderator. On other forums, you see troll-ish posters get warned, or their comments moved or erased, as is deemed appropriate. Apparently that’s not a realistic expectation here, so it’s down to banning or ignoring. I can definitely say that I would not miss treb in the least, although I only see the name now, not the posts.

_

Signature 

Welcome to Planet Earth, where Belief masquerades as Knowledge!

This way to the Unasked Questions—->
<—- This way to the Unquestioned Answers

Posted: 21 May 2006 05:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3166
Joined  2005-04-25

Treblinka’s ravings about the holocaust are offensive. He just plants garbage all over the place. Garbage without a cause.

Signature 

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. Matt 11:28-29

Posted: 21 May 2006 06:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-04-19

I knew there was some common ground here…. thank you TC.

Posted: 25 May 2006 11:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2168
Joined  2005-11-15

-

Five days and counting. Our Mod is just allllllllll  over this issue, eh rolleyes.

_

Signature 

Welcome to Planet Earth, where Belief masquerades as Knowledge!

This way to the Unasked Questions—->
<—- This way to the Unquestioned Answers

Posted: 25 May 2006 11:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3166
Joined  2005-04-25

Mr./Mrs. Forum Administrator, have mercy upon us. Eliminate Treblinka’s postings.

Signature 

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. Matt 11:28-29

Posted: 25 May 2006 11:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-04-19

[quote author=“treblinka”]
Rationale people who disagree with others can debate matters with calm and measured analysis.

And others repeat stupid dribble over and over. 

Others still at least know how to spell when they dribble.

There is no debate with you… you just spew garbage, and not just once, but repeatedly under topics that have nothing to do with what you dribble.  And if you read what others reply to you, you would know that you are having no impact except to piss everyone off and help them understand that you are just shy of being a fanatical psycho. 

Get lost!

Posted: 26 May 2006 03:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  310
Joined  2006-01-31

Agree.

Posted: 26 May 2006 06:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  872
Joined  2006-02-16

Agree, but would a new board member pop up named Auschwitz?

Posted: 26 May 2006 06:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-04-19

good point my humble servant person….  how about

imanazi

or

just_an_idiot

may as well just log the repetetive holocaust posters to ignore and go about our intelligent and spirit filled debates.

have a nice weekend!

Posted: 26 May 2006 07:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  872
Joined  2006-02-16

Have a happy, safe Memorial Day weekend. smile

1 of 2

‹‹ We're invisible to Google?      A suggestion ››
RSS 2.0     Atom Feed