Sanity
Posted: 24 August 2006 09:00 AM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3166
Joined  2005-04-25

Might there be a chance we can provide links to counselors for the unbelievers on this forum. Does not unbelief in traditional morals eventually corrupt the mind? We need to help these people.

Most unbelievers I know are sadly, mildly depressed. With nothing to look forward to after death, they become numb to glad tidings.

Lets help them by providing Christian counselors who can counsel them back to belief in Jesus Christ (notice, I did use the usual - "God", no, I said JESUS CHRIST), back to traditional morals, and back to traditional glad tidings.

I would hate for any of these unbelievers to go another Christmas without the fire of God stoking their souls.

Anyone know of any links?

Signature 

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. Matt 11:28-29

Posted: 24 August 2006 12:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2168
Joined  2005-11-15

-

*a deafening silence falls upon the thread as Champ clears out yet another room*

We took the ‘red pill’, Champ, and the fog cleared. Granted, the world beyond fairytales is more challenging, less dreamy, demanding far more of us than mere faith ever could. It is a more sober state of being than when we were injecting your drug to try and stay in the ‘high’.

Anything that is Real requires no blind faith. It simply is, for all to see and experience. The only thing you would be counseling anyone back to is willful delusion. Not interested in tripping out on your ‘blue pill’ anymore, nooooo thank you.

[quote author=“TC”]Lets help them by providing Christian counselors who can counsel them back to belief in Jesus Christ (notice, I did use the usual - “God”, no, I said JESUS CHRIST). . .

What I notice is your apparent failure to trust your god’s plan in these matters. Faith is supposed to be granted by him, and if faith has not been granted, he must have a damn good reason.

If you need something to worry yourself over, make it Jesus’ poor and downtrodden, whom you have recently insulted on your abandoned thread. JC still awaits an apology there.

_

Signature 

Welcome to Planet Earth, where Belief masquerades as Knowledge!

This way to the Unasked Questions—->
<—- This way to the Unquestioned Answers

Posted: 24 August 2006 01:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-25

[quote author=“Mia”]-

*a deafening silence falls upon the thread as Champ clears out yet another room*

We took the ‘red pill’, Champ, and the fog cleared. Granted, the world beyond fairytales is more challenging, less dreamy, demanding far more of us than mere faith ever could. It is a more sober state of being than when we were injecting your drug to try and stay in the ‘high’.

Anything that is Real requires no blind faith. It simply is, for all to see and experience. The only thing you would be counseling anyone back to is willful delusion. Not interested in tripping out on your ‘blue pill’ anymore, nooooo thank you.

[quote author=“TC”]Lets help them by providing Christian counselors who can counsel them back to belief in Jesus Christ (notice, I did use the usual - “God”, no, I said JESUS CHRIST). . .

What I notice is your apparent failure to trust your god’s plan in these matters. Faith is supposed to be granted by him, and if faith has not been granted, he must have a damn good reason.

If you need something to worry yourself over, make it Jesus’ poor and downtrodden, whom you have recently insulted on your abandoned thread. JC still awaits an apology there.

_

At least you haven’t abandoned me Mia. :-(

Signature 

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. Matt 11:28-29

Posted: 24 August 2006 03:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1763
Joined  2006-08-20

[quote author=“TheChampion”]Might there be a chance we can provide links to counselors for the unbelievers on this forum. Does not unbelief in traditional morals eventually corrupt the mind? We need to help these people.

Most unbelievers I know are sadly, mildly depressed. With nothing to look forward to after death, they become numb to glad tidings.

Lets help them by providing Christian counselors who can counsel them back to belief in Jesus Christ (notice, I did use the usual - “God”, no, I said JESUS CHRIST), back to traditional morals, and back to traditional glad tidings.

I would hate for any of these unbelievers to go another Christmas without the fire of God stoking their souls.

Anyone know of any links?

Here’s another pertinent Champ quote I lifted from another thread.

[quote author=“TheChampion”]Smugness, who me?

Christians aren’t trying to tell you what to think, they are just preaching at ya. Take it or leave it. That is your choice. Why do you get so upset when they preach what they believe. Aren’t you folks doing the same thing with your scientific theories?

No Champ, Science and religion are not equivalent. The veracity of the knowledge provided by science is everywhere around you, perhaps most notably obvious in the computer screen in front of your eyes from which you are reading these words. Possibly you think technology results from christian magic, but you are wrong.

The veracity of knowledge provided by religion and all the books of religion is to be found….....nowhere.

No evidence…just a bunch of very obtuse language that superficially sounds impressive but in fact is almost entirely non-sense. (I am reminded that as much as a full third of the book of Morman consists of the phrase, “and it came to pass”)

Science doesn’t require belief. Teaching the methods of science and the knowledge gained from science and the current theories of science is not “preaching at ya”.

As far as preaching at us, please don’t. It’s not just your message that is obnoxious, it’s your rude behavior relentlessly pressing your fantasy on people who obviously don’t want to hear it…...again and again and again.
Many of us have a life time of being hassled by krisnas and jesus freaks of all kinds. Put yourself in our shoes….it gets old.

Being preached at by jesus freaks is like getting like getting spam for erection pills or calls from tele-marketers at dinner time.
How come jesus wants you to hassle people?

Signature 

The ants are my friends, they’re blowing in the wind, the ants are blowing in the wind.

Dog is my co-pilot

Posted: 24 August 2006 06:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  901
Joined  2005-02-23

Don’t feed the trolls!

-Matt

Posted: 25 October 2006 08:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-25

Yes, sadly, all atheists are unhappy folk. I got the goods on what they need for joy and peace. I got the goods. They just need to humble themselves and listen up, read the bible and believe on Jesus. And that…..is the goods.

Signature 

Posted: 25 October 2006 09:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  626
Joined  2006-08-01

Yes Champ, nothing will brighten up the day of a depressed, unhappy person, like hearing he/she is a sinner, bad and unworthy. rolleyes

Signature 

“If your original Hebrew disagrees with my original King James—- your original Hebrew is wrong.”—FSTDT

Posted: 25 October 2006 09:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-25
[quote author=“Storm”]Yes Champ, nothing will brighten up the day of a depressed, unhappy person, like hearing he/she is a sinner, bad and unworthy. rolleyes

No, that is the infomercial part where you learn you are a sinner (and yes, you SHOULD feel bad), the ‘brighten your day part’ is where you learn that you can receive a pardon, all your sins forgiven at once, by accepting Jesus Christ as Lord of your life.

What could be bad?????

Signature 

Posted: 25 October 2006 10:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  765
Joined  2006-08-16
[quote author=“TheChampion”]No, that is the infomercial part where you learn you are a sinner (and yes, you SHOULD feel bad), the ‘brighten your day part’ is where you learn that you can receive a pardon, all your sins forgiven at once, by accepting Jesus Christ as Lord of your life.

Can I get the knives that never need sharpening with that?

Signature 

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” - Voltaire

“Rational arguments do not work on religious people, otherwise there would be no religious people.”—Dr. House

Posted: 25 October 2006 11:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-25
[quote author=“camanintx”][quote author=“TheChampion”]No, that is the infomercial part where you learn you are a sinner (and yes, you SHOULD feel bad), the ‘brighten your day part’ is where you learn that you can receive a pardon, all your sins forgiven at once, by accepting Jesus Christ as Lord of your life.

Can I get the knives that never need sharpening with that?

Spiritually speaking, they’ll throw in the Ginzus, a potato peeler, a handy razor knife which also works well as a bottle opener!!!.....heck, they’ll even throw in a kitchen sink!

Signature 

Posted: 25 October 2006 05:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  626
Joined  2006-08-01

[quote author=“TheChampion”]
What could be bad?????

Well, for one, I would have to give up my favourite past time hobby of painting graven images.

I also find the complete lack of Minotaur-mentioning in the bible disturbing.

and frankly, the parties suck. I don’t get invited anymore and every day that passes without an invitation is a happy, joyful day in my book.  The level of boredom at those parties was so high my brain nearly imploded.

and no one ever appreciated my paintings…

Signature 

“If your original Hebrew disagrees with my original King James—- your original Hebrew is wrong.”—FSTDT

Posted: 26 October 2006 12:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-08-16

[quote author=“TheChampion”][quote author=“camanintx”]Spiritually speaking, they’ll throw in the Ginzus, a potato peeler, a handy razor knife which also works well as a bottle opener!!!.....heck, they’ll even throw in a kitchen sink!

Your competitor is offering 72 virgins with their salvation. Sounds like a better deal to me.

Signature 

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” - Voltaire

“Rational arguments do not work on religious people, otherwise there would be no religious people.”—Dr. House

Posted: 26 October 2006 08:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-25

[quote author=“camanintx”][quote author=“TheChampion”][quote author=“camanintx”]Spiritually speaking, they’ll throw in the Ginzus, a potato peeler, a handy razor knife which also works well as a bottle opener!!!.....heck, they’ll even throw in a kitchen sink!

Your competitor is offering 72 virgins with their salvation. Sounds like a better deal to me.

Ya, but you got to kill yourself and innocent women and children to get them. What’s so good about 72 virgins anyway? I got enough problems dealing with a wife (DON’T tell I said that). Now you want to saddle me with another 72 problems? Do they also nag? Do I also have to go shopping with all of them too? Sounds like a nightmare to me.

Humph…..thanks, I’ll stick to Christianity, the Ginzus, a potato peeler, a handy razor knife which also works well as a bottle opener!!!.....heck, even the kitchen sink!

Signature 

Posted: 27 October 2006 02:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-08-16

[quote author=“TheChampion”]Ya, but you got to kill yourself and innocent women and children to get them.

Muhammad didn’t say anything about killing others when he promised “The least for the people of Heaven is 80,000 servants and 72 wives, over which stands a dome of pearls, aquamarine and ruby.” Do a little research before you spout off your right wing nonsense.

Signature 

Posted: 27 October 2006 07:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-25

[quote author=“camanintx”][quote author=“TheChampion”]Ya, but you got to kill yourself and innocent women and children to get them.

Muhammad didn’t say anything about killing others when he promised “The least for the people of Heaven is 80,000 servants and 72 wives, over which stands a dome of pearls, aquamarine and ruby.” Do a little research before you spout off your right wing nonsense.

From what I have heard, heaven is not guaranteed to the Muslim. You have to earn it. In starking contrast, the Christian has “blessed assurance” and a promise that I will never cast you out, in addition, that nothing can separate us from the love of God. So the Christian does not earn his salvation, it is a free gift, and he has assurance that it will never be taken away.

Not a bad deal at tall. grin

Signature 

‹‹ Private messages      bug mode 535 ››
RSS 2.0     Atom Feed
newrelic.loglevel = "verbosedebug" newrelic.daemon.loglevel = "verbosedebug"