2 of 2
thank you.
Posted: 14 October 2006 10:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2136
Joined  2006-02-20
[quote author=“Anonymous”]I get 40% off with my B&N card.  And, no, they don’t even have McDonalds here.  We have to drive to Memphis.  rolleyes  LOL

Being on the ‘Borders Best Seller’ list, you get a 30% discount there.  A friend wants to give it to all her Bible Belt relatives for Christmas and, “So what if I never hear from them again?”

Sam is risking his life.

Signature 

“The simple fables of the religious of the world have come to seem like tales told to children.”  - Nobel Prize recipient - Francis Crick

“It is time we recognized the boundless narcissism and self-deceit of the saved.” - Sam Harris

Posted: 14 October 2006 10:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  413
Joined  2005-06-05

I’ve been amazed at how many rational people I’ve met down here.  Maybe being stuck in ‘the buckle’ of the belt has a galvanizing effect on us.  Anyway, don’t let the accents fool you.  :wink:

Signature 

The road of excess leads to the palace of Wisedom
-William Blake, “Proverbs of Hell”

Life, what is it but a dream?
- Lewis Carroll, “A boat Beneath a Sunny Sky

Posted: 14 October 2006 05:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  765
Joined  2006-06-01
[quote author=“rabbit”]I’ve been amazed at how many rational people I’ve met down here.  Maybe being stuck in ‘the buckle’ of the belt has a galvanizing effect on us.  Anyway, don’t let the accents fool you.  :wink:

I guess just old NYC biases…good to here that not everyone is a fundy down there…

Signature 

Get with it. Millions of galaxies of hundreds of millions of stars, and a speck on one in a blink. That’s us, lost in space. The cop, you, me… Who notices?
-Vincent

2 of 2

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed