VA county board can require invocation to be Christian
Posted: 29 April 2005 11:33 AM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3255
Joined  2004-12-24

Wicca Not Welcome: County Can Ban Wiccan From Giving Invocation, 4th Circuit Says .

Signature 

“We say, ‘Love your brother…’ We don’t say it really, but… Well we don’t literally say it. We don’t really, literally mean it. No, we don’t believe it either, but… But that message should be clear.”—David St. Hubbins

Posted: 01 May 2005 11:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  291
Joined  2005-04-02

Interesting case. Are you following Michael Newdow (Pledge of Allegiance)?

Posted: 01 May 2005 12:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  754
Joined  2005-01-03

I have heard that Hillary Clinton, Barbara Boxer and Nancy Pelosi are alleged to be members of that “Broom Riders Association” :>)

Signature 

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful…..Lucius Annaeus Seneca, Roman (3 BC - 65 AD)

Posted: 01 May 2005 01:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-02

[quote author=“Conservative Atheist”]I have heard that Hillary Clinton, Barbara Boxer and Nancy Pelosi are alleged to be members of that “Broom Riders Association” :>)

Very funny, CA. Are they in the same sect as Ann Coulter?  ;]

BTW, wiccans aren’t only female. They’re just the easiest targets, or they used to be.

Posted: 01 May 2005 02:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  754
Joined  2005-01-03

[quote author=“bulldog”][quote author=“Conservative Atheist”]I have heard that Hillary Clinton, Barbara Boxer and Nancy Pelosi are alleged to be members of that “Broom Riders Association” :>)

No,.......... Ann Coulter actually belongs to a growing conservative canibalistic cult that eats liberals for breakfast, lunch and dinner and spits out the slimy parts….which explains why she is soooooo skinny:>)

Signature 

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful…..Lucius Annaeus Seneca, Roman (3 BC - 65 AD)

Posted: 06 May 2005 12:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-02

[quote author=“Conservative Atheist”][quote author=“bulldog”][quote author=“Conservative Atheist”]I have heard that Hillary Clinton, Barbara Boxer and Nancy Pelosi are alleged to be members of that “Broom Riders Association” :>)

No,.......... Ann Coulter actually belongs to a growing conservative canibalistic cult that eats liberals for breakfast, lunch and dinner and spits out the slimy parts….which explains why she is soooooo skinny:>)

Yeah, that’s a pretty good description of the majority of “democrats” that are regulars on FauxNews, 90% slime.

Posted: 06 May 2005 01:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3255
Joined  2004-12-24

[quote author=“Conservative Atheist”]No,.......... Ann Coulter actually belongs to a growing conservative canibalistic cult that eats liberals for breakfast, lunch and dinner and spits out the slimy parts….which explains why she is soooooo skinny:>)

Ann Coulter only has mythical teeth—they’re only there if you believe they are (generally, if you’re extremely conservative and don’t think so good and share her anger issues). Otherwise she’s merely a rather nasty wench of exceptional ugliness—the mirror image of Al Franken.

Byron

Signature 

“We say, ‘Love your brother…’ We don’t say it really, but… Well we don’t literally say it. We don’t really, literally mean it. No, we don’t believe it either, but… But that message should be clear.”—David St. Hubbins

Posted: 06 May 2005 02:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-02

[quote author=“SkepticX”]Ann Coulter…the mirror image of Al Franken.

More like a photographic negative.

Posted: 06 May 2005 03:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  819
Joined  2004-12-21

Interesting to note that Simpson would have dropped her action had all invocations been banned.  If she was more “devout” I doubt she would drop this claim for equal time so perhaps she has another agenda.  I think it would have been preferrable had the Supreme Court ruled against these invocations.  I see that such invocations are objectionable to both the religious and unreligious alike, just as is prayer in public schools.

Stay Well
Wot

Posted: 08 May 2005 07:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2957
Joined  2004-12-02

I think the fact that a Wiccan can be dismissed and have that backed up in a court of law speaks for itself.  “Non-denominational” prayer is Christian, sometimes with a Jewish Rabbi to be the next to lead a prayer.  Atheists wouldn’t ask for a prayer.  Satanists would be assaulted.  Those of other faiths either do not speak aloud (Quakers), or have few practitioners here willing to take a stab at blessing a meeting, save for the Dali Lama, who only visits.
Considering how this Wiccan’s good wishes were received, I hope the government and court in question have paid up insurance, as negative energy gathers faster and harder than positive to round upon the summoner.
I, too, survived Catholic grammar schools.  No abuse, thank goodness.  The ignorance they perpetuated only left me wide open to nearly being raped my first night overseas in the military.  Now an Atheist and enjoying what sex I can get, thank-you.

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed
newrelic.loglevel = "verbosedebug" newrelic.daemon.loglevel = "verbosedebug"