3 of 19
to prove God
Posted: 01 August 2007 01:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  85
Joined  2007-06-27

So the purpose to establish a goal limit of science, to me, is just a common sense activity, and the absolute control of the universe is the goal of humanity from the beginning of civilization, 5000 year ago the Egyptians with the mommies, invest a lot of resources in the way to eternity, the Jews with an almighty God, etc. etc.

If you believe in the death like your final goal, that’s your choice, and you are free to believe it and have faith on it.

So is open to the readers to have the last word, and decide who is right.

To readers:
Your goal is death or life?

Did you know any civilizations that have death like a final goal?

——————————————————-
“Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

Revelation 1:8

“I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,” says the Lord, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty”

Posted: 01 August 2007 03:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2007-06-27

To Jefe:
Did you have death or life like your goal?

Did you know any civilizations that have death like a final goal?

jefe

I’m sorry. I don’t understand what it is you’re trying to say here. You simply make no sense to me at all

Excuse me for my limited language, I will try to do it better or ask for help.

——————————————————-

“I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,” says the Lord, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty”

Posted: 01 August 2007 03:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  952
Joined  2006-06-26

[quote author=“netred972”]Switch, Dlsmith, Jefe.

Science can’t control the universe

Ok, give me a goal limit of science to the future.

1.- Laboratory test.

2.- A city.

3.- A planet.

4.- A solar system.

5.- A galaxy.

I’m not sure what you are trying to say but without putting words in your mouth, I think you are saying is “What is the ultimate goal of science?”

There are no limits to science. No matter how much we know about everything from quarks to galaxy clusters, there will always be some aspect of the interactions of all the matter and forces in the universe that we don’t understand.

The universe as we understand it at present, will continue to expand and cool, and on an extremely long time scale, all stars will die, black holes will evaporate and all matter will decay. Mankind, or whatever we have become by then, if we survive the next few centuries, will have been long dead by then. That is just a simple fact.

Obviously mankind will endeavor to continue to live for as long as it can, anywhere it can. No civilization ever has or ever will exist with extinction as it’s final goal. That, however, does not change the reality that eventually all life as we know it will come to an end. Denying it by believing in a god, any god, will not change that fact. Get used to it. Embrace it. You will have been dead for a long time when that happens.

Signature 

“We have it recorded in a book called the Bible.”

To be blunt, the Bible records all manner of silly shit.

Posted: 01 August 2007 04:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2007-06-27

dlsmith

No civilization ever has or ever will exist with extinction as its final goal

Atheist does.

Mankind, or whatever we have become by then, if we survive the next few centuries, will have been long dead by then.

————————————————————————-

Posted: 01 August 2007 09:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  30
Joined  2007-07-31

[quote author=“netred972”]

Atheist does.

That’s absurd, claptrap nonsense. An atheist simply aknowledges that their bodies will expire and succomb to death one day; it’s inevitable. Now, Christianity on the other hand, focuses on death and the life after death. They consider this life a “dress rehearsal” for the next life to come. That’s really dangerous thinking. So if a Christian kills someone he will not think it’s murder as he was brainwashed into thinking that the recipient isn’t really dead as there’s another life to look forward to.

Posted: 03 August 2007 08:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2007-08-03

netred972 wrote:

Quote:

Atheist does.

I think the word “Goal” is what is confusing the issue—Death is not a goal (for most people anyway).  It is simply the necessary consequence of Life, which none of us chose either.

I believe netred972 may be using the word “goal” when he/she means “wish” or “hope”.

Posted: 03 August 2007 10:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-06-26

[quote author=“netred972”]dlsmith

Atheist does.

Does not.

So there take that.

[quote author=“gurn55”]I believe netred972 may be using the word “goal” when he/she means “wish” or “hope”.

I don’t think he knows what he means. He only knows he’s right and we’re wrong.

[ Edited: 03 August 2007 10:50 AM by ]
 Signature 

Posted: 03 August 2007 04:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2007-06-27

If you do not choose a Goal, the goal is going to choose you.

If you live in coastal area and I tell you: in a week their will be a tsunami, take my car and go to the top if the hill so you can save your life.
  1)  You can choose to take the car and say: I will die anyway, I going to enjoy this nice car around the city for a week.

or
  2)  Take the car and drive it to the top of the hill.

You can choose no to die, but your actions choose for you.

dlsmith

I don’t think he knows what he means. He only knows he’s right and we’re wrong.

What is right is what is wrong?

For a rock to be right is: to be a rock.

For a living being to be right is to fight for life do not matter how hard its looks like.

For a living being to be wrong is to give up life only because it looks impossible. From bacteria to whales no one give up; give up is to not in the software of life.

What is inside you?

————————————————————————-

Posted: 04 August 2007 01:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  765
Joined  2006-08-16

[quote author=“netred972”]If you do not choose a Goal, the goal is going to choose you.

If you live in coastal area and I tell you: in a week their will be a tsunami, take my car and go to the top if the hill so you can save your life.
  1)  You can choose to take the car and say: I will die anyway, I going to enjoy this nice car around the city for a week.

or
  2)  Take the car and drive it to the top of the hill.

You can choose no to die, but your actions choose for you.

Death comes to us all whether we choose it or not. While you may have a choice in when or how you die, you cannot choose not to.

Since Christians see death as an opportunity to be with their God, wouldn’t that be considered their “goal”? As an atheist, I accept that this life is the only one I will have so I intend to make the most of it. Can you say the same?

Signature 

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” - Voltaire

“Rational arguments do not work on religious people, otherwise there would be no religious people.”—Dr. House

Posted: 04 August 2007 11:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-06-26

[quote author=“netred972”]For a rock to be right is: to be a rock.

A rock is and always be a rock. It’s dead. It’s an inanimate object. It has no will, so it therefore has no possibility to be anything else. How is this relevant to any argument about life?

[quote author=“netred972”]For a living being to be right is to fight for life do not matter how hard its looks like.

I’m still not entirely sure what concept you are trying to establish here. However, the very point of life is to exist at least long enough to procreate, to propagate the species. Once that is done, many species do indeed die, either as a direct result of that event or because they are genetically programmed to do so. Look at salmon for example. When the biological clock in them tells them it is time to spawn, they travel back to where they hatched, oblivious to the dangers involved in making that journey back upstream, they spawn, and then they die because they are programmed to do so. Whether or not they have the will to live doesn’t matter. their bodies are programmed to die after spawning.

[quote author=“netred972”]For a living being to be wrong is to give up life only because it looks impossible. From bacteria to whales no one give up; give up is to not in the software of life.

As I pointed out above, in fact many species “software” are programmed to die at some ppoint in their life.

Humans are only different in the fact that we can manipulate our environment to extend our lives as long as possible. There still is however, a limit on how long a body can live. Eventually some system necessary for life breaks down and we die.

If you are talking about an afterlife, well that is something man made up, primarily to set him apart from the rest of the animals on this planet. It is only wishful thinking though, as we, unlike all other beings and species on this planet have only this brief window of consciousness from our birth to our death during which to contemplate the fact that we are soon going to be just as dead as we were before we were born. Possibly the only other species that can contemplate death as a concept are a few of the great apes and possibly elephants. But until we can actually read their thoughts, we are only guessing at that fact.

Failing to admit we are going to die is wasted effort that could be much more constructively used making the most of what time we do have. Other than fleeting thoughts, I will not worry about death until it comes closer to being imminent. Until then, I will live life to the fullest that I can.

[quote author=“netred972”]What is inside you?

Well presently, a couple of Diet Cokes and about half a DiGiorno Three Meat Pizza.

(Burp) Pardon me…

Signature 

Posted: 05 August 2007 11:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  500
Joined  2005-02-22

Good heavens! Are you still here?
Do I have this right?

NetRed:
For a living being to be right is to fight for life.

You mean fight against other living beings, right?

…do not matter how hard its looks like.

The rock, right?

I don’t know. I don’t see rocks fighting other rocks.

Your English isn’t the only thing that needs work.

Death is not a goal. Atheists realize that death is the one thing in life that requires no preparation at all.
Death is strictly come as you are.

The bad news is, you’re not going to heaven.

The good news is, you won’t exist enough to be disappointed. So, go ahead and dream.

Just snore more quietly, huh?

Signature 

Delude responsibly.

Posted: 06 August 2007 03:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-06-26

[quote author=“pj2d01”]Afterlife is not made up. It’s based on the fact that your mind is not material, it’s energy, therefore when your body dies, your mind/sprit still exists.

Sorry, but yes it is. When you die, you are dead, D E A D, the opposite of alive. There has never been one documented occurance of a real person returning from the dead, has there?  Your mind is entirely material, it’s just a bunch of neurochemical reactions running around inside about three pounds of brain cells. Those cells die, and you, and everything you ever knew or experienced disappears.

Grow up. Get over it. You have been lied to all your life about an afterlife. Be a man/woman and face up to your mortality.

Signature 

Posted: 06 August 2007 04:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-08-16

[quote author=“pj2d01”]Afterlife is not made up. It’s based on the fact that your mind is not material, it’s energy, therefore when your body dies, your mind/sprit still exists.

So where did your mind/spirit exist before you where born? If it is capable of existing outside of your body, why does it need to inhabit a body at all?

Signature 

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” - Voltaire

“Rational arguments do not work on religious people, otherwise there would be no religious people.”—Dr. House

Posted: 06 August 2007 06:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-08-16

[quote author=“pj2d01”][quote author=“camanintx”][quote author=“pj2d01”]Afterlife is not made up. It’s based on the fact that your mind is not material, it’s energy, therefore when your body dies, your mind/sprit still exists.

So where did your mind/spirit exist before you where born? If it is capable of existing outside of your body, why does it need to inhabit a body at all?

Your mind sprit existed as whatever elements they were without having been formed into what they are as your being yet. Just like a rocket ship was already in the earth before it became a rocket ship. Why inhabit a body? Because the material plane is a heavy experience that should be comprehended.

Nice hypothesis. What evidence do you have supporting the assertion that the mind/spirit can exist separate from the body?

Signature 

Posted: 06 August 2007 08:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-06-26

[quote author=“dlsmith”] There has never been one documented occurance of a real person returning from the dead, has there?

[quote author=“pj2d01”]Yes there has, Christ and Lazarus, right?

Oh, I see the problem, you think what is written in that old moldy rag called the bible is fact. Sorry, it’s not. It’s all just the ramblings of some people that want you to believe it. Other than what is written in the Bible, there is absolutely no evidence that either Jusus or Lazarus were actuallt real people. Regarding Jesus, for example, there are no records whatsoever of him being tried by Pilate and handed over to be crucified, the Romans kept meticulous records back then. If there had been such a person, the Romans would have a written record of it.

[quote author=“pj2d01”]Your obviously sick in the head because you eat bile and filth for dinner, and call it science, when it’s not science, it’s materialism trying to pass itself off as science. I guess that’s where all those twisted space alien freaks come from in SciFi. Science and religion are natural brother and sister, heart and brain, arm and leg. There was no contradiction in “Star Wars” was there (1/2 lol)?

You sound angry, rambling and disoriented. And, what might I ask has any of this got to do with Star Wars? Are you high on something?

[quote author=“pj2d01”]I don’t have to face any mortality, it’s completely unjust as a philosophy. Your mind controls your body, just get extremely excited and see what happens, you can virtually start floating if your hyped up enough.

I see your problem, you think that being merely mortal is unjust. Well, I guess when you read about all the miracles and promises of eternal life that are made in the Bible, you can’t admit that this life is all we have. Well, like I said before, grow up and get over it. Then get on with your life and make the most of it while you can. Stop waiting to die so you can go to Heaven, because it isn’t going to happen my angry, deluded friend.

Signature 

3 of 19

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed