Sam's appearance on the Dennis Prager radio show
Posted: 21 October 2005 10:24 AM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  103
Joined  2004-12-22

I'm a bit disappointed in Sam's appearance on the Dennis Prager radio show recently. I felt that Sam missed the opportunity to nail Prager on his fundamentally insane religious views, which include endorsing a nakedly terroristic concept, i.e. that the killing of innocents is good "...if God says it's good", as Prager first espoused on his show, on July 22, 2002, and at least once more subsequent to that.

This immoral, unthinking and insane belief is indistinguishable from the same zealotry that Islamic terrorists use to justify their murderous acts. Since Prager was making a big deal out of Islamic murders it's a shame that he wasn't forced to deal with this issue. It was also a missed opportunity for Sam to point out the illogical idea that the presumed author of "thou shall not murder" (kill innocents) is the very commander of the huge genocide by the Israelites, who willingly slaughtered over 10,000,000 people, mainly innocent non-combatants such as women, children and infants…all to be done at this God's command without mercy.

Of course, this same God presumably authored commandments against stealing and coveting one's neighbor's wife, which he then counter-commanded the Israelites to engage in. Some logic. Some morals. Some…"God".

When Prager is confronted on such matters he tries to say that it was Moses, not God, who commanded the murders, infanticide, rape, genocide, theft, etc. However, Joshua 11:15 ("As the LORD had commanded Moses his servant, so Moses commanded Joshua, and so Joshua did; he left nothing undone of all that the LORD had commanded Moses.") quickly shows that this is an attempt by Prager to squirm out of the obvious and horrendous lie that he is disseminating.

I long ago pointed out Prager's glaring moral inconsistencies, on this forum, and do wish that Sam had been a bit better prepared, especially since Prager's a guy who swells up with an infantile pride when quoting scripture, as if he was actually quoting facts.

Let's remember that the entire premise of divine authorship/authority rests on the nonsensical, inadmissible premise that can be summed up as, "What's in this book is true…because the book says it's true."

Since Sam is out there doing the battle, and has the opportunity to get it on with the vocal proponents of this toxic nonsense, let's hope that he will take his best shots - with the best ammunition available.

Michael Horn
http://www.theyfly.com

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed