6 of 6
All in fvour of the death penalty say aye!
Posted: 30 August 2008 06:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 76 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2007-11-30

All in fvour of the death penalty say aye!

I’m in favor of the death penalty.

Posted: 31 October 2008 12:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 77 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2075
Joined  2007-07-20

I vote against the death penalty for three reasons (1) it is not a deterrent, (2) it costs more to carry it out, given the built-in appeals process, than life w/o parole; (3) there has been historically some instances of false convictions, and once carried out, it is difficult to reverse the penalty.  None of these are for any “Sanctity of life” reasons as much as practicality. 

Dennis

Signature 

Truth, especially “moral truth,” is that elusive human creation whose exclusive apprehension is claimed by many, who then sanctimoniously condemn anyone else who does not agree with their particular apprehension, while denying that any question can be posed about their own apprehension.  I will try to avoid that tendency.  DEC

Posted: 01 November 2008 06:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 78 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  305
Joined  2008-10-08

Nay! I am not in fvrour (favor) of it!

Signature 

“There is undoubtedly an important secular debate to be had about the ethics of the death penalty…” -Sam Harris
“There is undoubtedly an important secular debate to be had about the ethics of embryonic stem cell research and abortion…” -Me

Jump through the Blackmun Hole!

Salt Creek has discovered the meaning of the first half of “Nulono”. Now, what language uses “nul” for zero?

Posted: 01 November 2008 06:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 79 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  305
Joined  2008-10-08
Bongobongo Smith - 24 August 2008 03:59 PM
FrankChurch - 21 August 2008 11:15 AM

You kill one innocent man and you kick God in the teeth.

Now that’s the first good argument for killing
‘one innocent man’ that I’ve ever heard.

SIGGED!

Signature 

“There is undoubtedly an important secular debate to be had about the ethics of the death penalty…” -Sam Harris
“There is undoubtedly an important secular debate to be had about the ethics of embryonic stem cell research and abortion…” -Me

Jump through the Blackmun Hole!

Salt Creek has discovered the meaning of the first half of “Nulono”. Now, what language uses “nul” for zero?

Posted: 04 November 2008 03:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 80 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  462
Joined  2006-11-23

Nay. For the reasons already posted.

Signature 

...it has to put into the equation: the possibility that there is no God and nothing works for the best. I don’t necessarily subscribe to that view, but I don’t know what I do subscribe to. Why do I have to have a world view? I mean, when I wrote Cujo, I wasn’t even old enough to be president. Maybe when I’m frty or forty-five, but I don’t now. I’m just trying on all these hats.
-Stephen King

6 of 6

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed