You Are Not Permitted to Search!
Posted: 06 July 2008 10:10 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2008-07-06

People here on the SH Forum will better recognize me by my long-standing screen name: “JETurnbull.”  For some unknown reason, I have been experiencing extreme difficulties with trying to visit the SH Forum.  Although I can still get to the SH Homepage, for the last several days I have been completely unable to enter the forum and view any posts, unable to sign off (to see if I can re-log on), and every time I attempt to view any posts on the forum I get an “ERROR” notice stating: “You are not permitted to search.” Even now I look down at the bottom of the Forum Home Page and there’s my screen name: JETurnbull, yet I can’t access anything!

WTF is going on??  Earlier last week, after receiving Sam’s request, I signed up to volunteer time to the Scripture Project, I was approved, however, ever since then I’ve been unable to access the forum’s posts in any capacity.  Could that have something to do with the trouble?  Are any other members experiencing this problem? 

As you may have noticed, I’ve re-registered with a new screen name that I’ve had to access from an entirely different computer and different web server and that is the only way I’ve now been able to again gain access to the SH forum.  My own computer and even different web servers automatically recognize my original stored log-in information and (for some unknown reason) will not let me sign out, so until now I’ve been stuck in this limbo (not that limbo really exists) getting the “not permitted to search” message. 

I’ve emailed the webmaster at least twice a day since this has happened, and have gotten no response whatsoever.  I certainly don’t think I’ve offended any one egregiously enough (at least not recently) to be kicked off the forum.  So what gives??  If there are any moderators or website technicians out there, can you please respond and/or email me at my original email address with some answers???  I’d like to continue to use my original name and registration information.

Posted: 07 July 2008 04:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2821
Joined  2005-04-29

While you wait for a more official response, I can at least assure you that such screw-ups have happened to me too, though not as severe as what you’re experiencing. Could it be virus-related?

Signature 

Philosophy may in no way interfere with the actual use of language; it can in the end only describe it. For it cannot give it any foundations either. It leaves everything as it is.
Ludwig Wittgenstein

Posted: 07 July 2008 09:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2008-07-06
homunculus - 07 July 2008 08:58 PM

While you wait for a more official response, I can at least assure you that such screw-ups have happened to me too, though not as severe as what you’re experiencing. Could it be virus-related?

Thanks for responding H.  As you can see, I’m still using my alternative screen name because the problem is still not resolved.  I did get a response from the webmaster admin stating that it’s been resolved, but it hasn’t.  I still get a “Visitor Statistic’s” page (whatever that’s for), can’t get to the Home Page, cannot sign off (or back on), cannot view the topics. cannot post or respond to any posts unless I use this new name.  I don’t think it’s virus-related, because I’ve got a good virus protector, I only use a Mac, and it doesn’t seem to be affecting anything else.  This sucks.

Posted: 08 July 2008 06:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  74
Joined  2008-05-23

Sounds like a religious conspiracy to me.

“Thou art not permitted to seek evidence.”

[ Edited: 08 July 2008 06:43 AM by Oolon Colluphid]
 Signature 

“My ambition is to live to see all of Physics reduced to a formula so elegant and simple that it will fit easily on the front of a t-shirt.”

—Leon Lederman

Posted: 08 July 2008 08:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3208
Joined  2007-04-26

From the title, I had expected this thread to be about very strict religions that forbid their members from asking questions about the logic of doctrines.

Posted: 02 September 2008 01:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2006-07-07

Is this still an issue?

Posted: 02 September 2008 07:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  262
Joined  2007-05-22

Yes, insofar as I still can’t use email other forum posters.

Signature 

Something’s Moving.

~Albert Einstein

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed