4 of 4
What is the most important question of all time?
Posted: 27 June 2009 11:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2008-01-03

The most important Question is:
“Why am I asking this Question?”

Why do I want an answer?
Will having an answer make it easier for me to pass on my DNA?
Will having an answer help me to avoid Death?

Posted: 28 June 2009 04:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2136
Joined  2006-02-20
pagan1 - 28 June 2009 03:44 AM

Why do I want an answer?
Will having an answer make it easier for me to pass on my DNA?
Will having an answer help me to avoid Death?

Yes, especially if your question is:  Am I supposed to cross the street on the red light, or the green light?

Signature 

“The simple fables of the religious of the world have come to seem like tales told to children.”  - Nobel Prize recipient - Francis Crick

“It is time we recognized the boundless narcissism and self-deceit of the saved.” - Sam Harris

Posted: 03 August 2009 10:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2009-05-18

“What now?”

Signature 

The notion of a personal god who cares about man is quite insane.

The notion of a god external of our natural world that acted as a prime mover is interesting and harms me not, but I still have no reason at all to believe in it.  And if such a thing was proven it would still be no god and would garner no praise or worship from me.

Posted: 14 October 2009 09:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2008-10-06

pagan1 - 27 June 2009 11:44 PM

Absolutely.
How can you find an answer if you don’t know why you’re asking the question in the first place?

Signature 

Atheism with added cartoon content.

Posted: 05 July 2010 11:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2010-06-29

This thread is fraying, but I enjoyed reading it and want it to continue, with a more profound definition of “most important.” 

Define “most important” as: the question which, if answered truthfully and completely, would do the most good for the greatest number of people.

Now what is the most important question?

Posted: 20 July 2010 03:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  565
Joined  2007-01-30

“What is the most important question of all time?”

One could argue that it would be the one that would have as an answer “the most important answer of all time”.

But then what could be the question to have this answer other than the most important question of all time.

Thus the most important question of all time is “What is the most important question of all time?”

Posted: 26 July 2010 11:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2136
Joined  2006-02-20
pesterlig - 05 July 2010 03:36 PM

This thread is fraying, but I enjoyed reading it and want it to continue, with a more profound definition of “most important.” 

Define “most important” as: the question which, if answered truthfully and completely, would do the most good for the greatest number of people.

Now what is the most important question?

If you were about to be attacked by a grizzly, or you looked out of your tent and saw that your grandchildren were about to be attacked by a grizzly, the most important question would be, “What can I do to prevent a disaster here?”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ORv8wwiadQ&feature=channel

If the above link just takes you to You Tube, type in - ‘The Most Terrifying Video You’ll Ever See’ in the You Tube search box (by wonderingmind42)  (this is just a young guy explaining something on a piece of paper, not something horrible to watch)

[ Edited: 26 July 2010 11:11 AM by unsmoked]
 Signature 

“The simple fables of the religious of the world have come to seem like tales told to children.”  - Nobel Prize recipient - Francis Crick

“It is time we recognized the boundless narcissism and self-deceit of the saved.” - Sam Harris

Posted: 30 August 2010 06:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2010-08-30

is life worth living? is the most important question of all time, as posed by Camus. evethything concerning human life stems from that question.

Posted: 06 October 2010 09:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 54 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2010-10-06

How?

Native American jokes placed after this will result in insultin’.

Posted: 09 October 2010 10:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 55 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  90
Joined  2006-01-22

The count is +13 out of a six-deck shoe and the dealer has a 6 facing up. You’ve been dealt a soft 16 (Ace + 5). Straight hit or double-down?

Signature 

“Gentlemen, there is no fighting in the war room”

Posted: 12 October 2010 08:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 56 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2010-10-12

top 5 most important questions, 1. Is it possible for the human brain to aquire all the knowledge in the univers?
2. How in the world do you become a god if the idea of them is belived by so many people?
3. Why do gods seem to brake the rules in which they clame to have made?
4. Why would gods need eyes if their is no light?
5.Why would they need ears in a void?
6. Why would they or he need legs if theirs no surface in void\?
7. why would god need atomic particles in void?
8.In void theres no time,no space, no atoms, why magic,why rules if magic brakes them?
Things happen for a reason doesnt necacrily mean theirs a god, the sun is their so that life can be possible here.
God and science dont go together! God= rule braker and non exsistent so he doesnt brake any rules as long as he doesnt exist. heres my conclusion God= man made, so if a idea like that can exsist then reality is purely twisted, we can all belive were gods and possibly the same outcome.

Posted: 12 October 2010 08:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 57 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3255
Joined  2004-12-24

Clearly the most important question of all time, due to shear volume and utility, is; What the fuck?

Signature 

“We say, ‘Love your brother…’ We don’t say it really, but… Well we don’t literally say it. We don’t really, literally mean it. No, we don’t believe it either, but… But that message should be clear.”—David St. Hubbins

Posted: 14 October 2010 10:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 58 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2010-10-12
SkepticX - 12 October 2010 12:59 PM

Clearly the most important question of all time, due to shear volume and utility, is; What the fuck?

Good question!

4 of 4

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed