Posted: 07 September 2008 09:42 AM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  949
Joined  2007-10-08

This is pretty hilariously interesting:

http://www.brasschecktv.com/page/325.html

NO MORE AMERICAN IDIOCY!

Signature 

“Proving the efficacy of a methodology without defining the word ‘efficacy’ can come back to bite you in the assertion.”—Salt Creek

Posted: 07 September 2008 11:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  585
Joined  2007-10-11
isocratic infidel - 07 September 2008 01:42 PM

This is pretty hilariously interesting:

http://www.brasschecktv.com/page/325.html

NO MORE AMERICAN IDIOCY!

It’s awfully hard to believe that McCain would have that kind of attitude towards fellow POWs ! As a matter of fact, before I believe it someone is going to have to give me a good reason why he’d do what they accuse him of .If it is true, he probably had a good reason for his thinking that way. Before I’d accept this as truth I’d want to hear the whole story.  But McCain is a hard person to understand ; could it be he is a little more crack-brained from all that torture than anyone realizes ?

Posted: 08 September 2008 12:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-08

Dee dahling, did you watch the video?  What “attitude” are you remarking about here? He said the neighborhoods in Iraq were safe and yet when he went there he had major military protection.
Tim Russert, (may he rest in peace) a right-leaning, but overall objective journalist and former host of Meet the Press called McCain on his original statement that he (McCain) forgot he said… understandable that he forgot. After all, he 72 years old (71 at the time)... the ole memory ain’t what it used to be. Sad, but true.
Dee, I live in the state that McCain has been a senator of for quite some time. I like some of his ideas and some of the things that he’s done for this state, and the country, but he would not make a good president. He has the same qualities that bother you: he thinks he knows the truth about EVERYTHING and knows what’s RIGHT for EVERYBODY. Nor does he, by his own admission—that he forgot (did you watch the video?)—understand the nature of the global economy. These are not good qualities in a leader unless you think Bush and Cheney have done a fabulous job in the past eight years. confused
Don’t be an american idiot Dee. I think if you really ponder these things you will get past your fears and prejudice you will see that what you fear the most (Obama) will actually meet you half way.
You’re apologizing for McCain because you like him and you think he’s going to protect you from the extremist islamists and you’re enamoured by that moose-killin’ broad who would take your constitutional rights to privacy in a gun-shot and a heartbeat.
Wake up my friend. You are the one not thinking clearly. I razz you and tease you, but I do so in hopes that you will awaken from your stubborn misconceptions.  kiss

[ Edited: 08 September 2008 12:52 AM by isocratic infidel]
 Signature 

“Proving the efficacy of a methodology without defining the word ‘efficacy’ can come back to bite you in the assertion.”—Salt Creek

Posted: 08 September 2008 12:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2492
Joined  2008-04-05

Sorry II but Tim Russert was a lifelong democrat from a life long democratic catholic family and anything but ‘right leaning’

Still a very objective journalist by todays standards.

Signature 

‘Every reflecting mind must acknowledge that there is no proof of the existence of a Deity’

‘If ignorance of nature gave birth to gods, knowledge of nature destroys them’

Percy Bysshe Shelley

Posted: 08 September 2008 12:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-04-05

Remember a couple of months back when McCain did not even know the difference between Shiia and Sunni? He did not know when the great awakening actually started in Al Anbar province in Iraq, which was the basis for the success of the surge before our troops even got over there.

Plain and simple Dee. McCain is an intellectual dud. And he admits he is not even computer literate.

Yeah boy, he’s our guy for the presidency. On we go, to the 15th century with Sarah leading the way and McCain the maverick cheering her on!

Signature 

‘Every reflecting mind must acknowledge that there is no proof of the existence of a Deity’

Percy Bysshe Shelley

Posted: 08 September 2008 03:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-08
McCreason - 08 September 2008 04:17 PM

Sorry II but Tim Russert was a lifelong democrat from a life long democratic catholic family and anything but ‘right leaning’

Still a very objective journalist by todays standards.

I sit corrected McCrea. Vague word choice on my part, I guess I should have been more specific. I meant right-leaning in that he was more of a “blue dog”  democrat, or more conservative in his political views and stance and pretty hard core “right” in his religious beliefs, but a man of integrity nonetheless. Dee seems to favor the more conservative, or “right-leaning” journalists, talking heads and authors, so I thought seeing Russert point out McCain’s faulty memory (in the vid) might help her to see that the man is not as competent as she would like to believe him (McCain) to be. 

CHeers!

P.S. McCrea, Have you read “Ghost Wars” by Steve Coll? I think you’d like it, my fellow book fiend! It provides a balanced look at the the US government’s history with the Wahhabis, Shiites, Sunnis etc…

Signature 

Posted: 08 September 2008 06:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-04-05

I have not read that one my friend, but thanks to you here and now…..it is on my list! Thanks much.

And for one back at you, I highly recommend ‘The Looming Tower’ by Lawerance Wright. Tells the history of Al Qaeda up to 9-11. Won the Pulitzer for investigative journalism. You are pretty sharp and on top of things so you have probably already read it but.. If not…do so. grin

[ Edited: 08 September 2008 06:18 PM by eudemonia]
 Signature 

Percy Bysshe Shelley

Posted: 09 September 2008 12:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-08
McCreason - 08 September 2008 10:15 PM

I have not read that one my friend, but thanks to you here and now…..it is on my list! Thanks much… And for one back at you, I highly recommend ‘The Looming Tower’ by Lawerance Wright. Tells the history of Al Qaeda up to 9-11. Won the Pulitzer for investigative journalism.

You’re welcome my fellow book fiend/friend, and thank you for the Lawrence Wright recommendation. (You think we’re book fiends,  Jefe can go through a book in the proverbial McCainian heartbeat!) It sounds like Wright may be less dry than Coll… Wright doin’ the screen writing and The New Yorker gig and all. I will definitely read his take on “the base.” Got to love the investigative types that share their knowledge!

“You are pretty sharp and on top of things ...”. grin

Although I may be as sharp as a serrated bread knife, I do sometimes flip it over and use the blunt end.  cheese

Maybe I’m just quick at both ends hmmm

Or maybe just another bozo on the bus. shock (who really likes the ahhh! icon)

[ Edited: 09 September 2008 01:01 AM by isocratic infidel]
 Signature 

Posted: 09 September 2008 01:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  497
Joined  2005-02-22

Mega-dittos for Larry Wright.
If one wanted a good overview of the Middle East situation and its history in just two books, they would have to be The Looming Tower and Power, Faith and Fantasy by Michael Oren.
IMHO.

Signature 

Delude responsibly.

Posted: 09 September 2008 02:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-11
isocratic infidel - 08 September 2008 04:48 AM

Dee dahling, did you watch the video?  What “attitude” are you remarking about here? He said the neighborhoods in Iraq were safe and yet when he went there he had major military protection.
Tim Russert, (may he rest in peace) a right-leaning, but overall objective journalist and former host of Meet the Press called McCain on his original statement that he (McCain) forgot he said… understandable that he forgot. After all, he 72 years old (71 at the time)... the ole memory ain’t what it used to be. Sad, but true.
Dee, I live in the state that McCain has been a senator of for quite some time. I like some of his ideas and some of the things that he’s done for this state, and the country, but he would not make a good president. He has the same qualities that bother you: he thinks he knows the truth about EVERYTHING and knows what’s RIGHT for EVERYBODY. Nor does he, by his own admission—that he forgot (did you watch the video?)—understand the nature of the global economy. These are not good qualities in a leader unless you think Bush and Cheney have done a fabulous job in the past eight years. confused
Don’t be an american idiot Dee. I think if you really ponder these things you will get past your fears and prejudice you will see that what you fear the most (Obama) will actually meet you half way.
You’re apologizing for McCain because you like him and you think he’s going to protect you from the extremist islamists and you’re enamoured by that moose-killin’ broad who would take your constitutional rights to privacy in a gun-shot and a heartbeat.
Wake up my friend. You are the one not thinking clearly. I razz you and tease you, but I do so in hopes that you will awaken from your stubborn misconceptions.  kiss

Isocratic : when it comes to McCain and what party I favor, you, and probably 3/4ths of everyone who posts in this forum , are WRONG about me. McCain ?  Sure, I like the guy—for himself, and not for the presidentcy—! I started following him and his career about 2000, and belonged to what was called “The McCain Reform Society “. Now I realize I liked him more than his political ideas. I can’t help but be fond of that man—he’s such a character and a dynamic personality . He’s got a devilish sense of humor and a command of things. They used to call it charisma, untill Obama came along. So I love him as a personality, but I do not think he would make a especially good president ! I think his ego takes over his intellect sometimes and he is a ham actor; I’m terribly sorry to say I really don’t trust his judgement anymore, and he takes too much for granted when expects everyone to excuse him for his blunders, because they beieve in him so . ( or so he assumes )

As for my being someone who leans towards the conservative party—not so !  Ditto for the Democratic party. Both parties have thier good and bad points.  And don’t underestimate me - I am NOT carried away with any “talking head” or passionate speech given by any candidate ! I don’t like your calling me an “American idiot ” because I am fully aware of America’s mistakes, dishonorable, or foolish screw-ups etc. , BUT, as I see it, TODAY our country needs patriots; those who believe in , and are positive about America. There are too many people in the world who hate us. They love to hear us complaining about our own government . It’s just what they want. I believe McCain when he says he loves his country, and that’s one of his good qualities. He said he learned to love this country when he was in another country, and I think maybe we who complain about the USA would learn to shut thier traps once they have visited the other places. There are those who want to crush us and shatter the golden bowl of Democracy.  Talk about “American idiots”  - they go around clinging to thier ignorance and have no idea that we are facing three wars- not just two. And they will scorn the idea if you tell them that’s how it is. IDIOTS !

Posted: 09 September 2008 07:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-04-05

Idiots. There is one war-the war against Islamic extremism. The war in Iraq ended in 2003 and it has been a nation building police action ever since. It also has nothing to do with the other real war.

The front in the war on Islamic extremism is in Afghanistan-Pakistan and it has always been there and should remain there. Thats where Al Qaeda is based and where the Taliban rebuilds.

Iraq was military voyeurism and imperialism and was one of the largest mistakes in American history. It has done absolutely nothing to help our security or our situation with fundamental Islam. Except most probably make it worse.

Signature 

Percy Bysshe Shelley

Posted: 10 September 2008 02:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-11
Jefe - 09 September 2008 10:55 AM
Dee - 09 September 2008 06:25 AM

Talk about “American idiots”  - they go around clinging to thier ignorance and have no idea that we are facing three wars- not just two. And they will scorn the idea if you tell them that’s how it is. IDIOTS !

What are these three wars?

I guess when people refer to the war/wars going on today they consider fighting in Afghanistan and Iraq also makes two wars because they are taking place in two countries.  When I said “three wars” I meant : 1- Afghanistan 2-Iraq , and 3-the war that Islam ( so you and everyone else wants to differenciate ( spell?) between “Radical Islam” and “regular Islam ”  I will, for the sake of appeasing those who bristle with indignation when I include regular Islamics when I complain about Muslim agression etc.,only speak of ” radical” Islam as trouble makers, ) 3- cont. : the war that Islam has declared against the free world or otherwise said “the West “. When it comes to this subject, there are only two kinds of people : those who are tuned-in to the facts, and they who are still unaware . As a matter of fact, they are not only unaware of what is going on , but they get all pissed if you even suggest there is a wrathfull Islamic surge of effort against the non-Muslim countries than intends to convert , or destroy . Christians are probably thier favorite victoms. You will probably get told you have “Islamophobia ” . If there IS a God he is probably getting sick to his stomach .

Posted: 10 September 2008 10:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1646
Joined  2008-04-02

Both parties have thier good and bad points. !

Agreed.

...I am fully aware of America’s mistakes, dishonorable, or foolish screw-ups etc. , BUT, as I see it, TODAY our country needs patriots; those who believe in , and are positive about America. There are too many people in the world who hate us. They love to hear us complaining about our own government . It’s just what they want. I believe McCain when he says he loves his country, and that’s one of his good qualities. He said he learned to love this country when he was in another country, and I think maybe we who complain about the USA would learn to shut thier traps once they have visited the other places. There are those who want to crush us and shatter the golden bowl of Democracy.  Talk about “American idiots”  - they go around clinging to thier ignorance and have no idea that we are facing three wars- not just two. And they will scorn the idea if you tell them that’s how it is. IDIOTS !

I am sure that I will be called unpatriotic and I really do not care. I prefer to think of everyone as world citizens. Tribalism or patriotism, imo, is a great recipe for “us verses them” and the subsequent selfish actions which ultimately only benefit Halliburton and ExxonMobil. Due to technology, especially in communications and travel, borders are becoming more artificial. Politicians are not likely to win votes by trying to do what is in the best interest for the entirety of life on this blue marble. People want to know what is in it for them. Nevertheless, since the rise of nations, nationalism does not have a wonderful track record thus far.

[ Edited: 10 September 2008 10:26 AM by Beam]
 Signature 

Real honesty is accepting the theories that best explain the actual data even if those explanations contradict our cherished beliefs.-Scotty

Posted: 10 September 2008 04:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-08

Dee: “When it comes to this subject, there are only two kinds of people : those who are tuned-in to the facts, and they who are still unaware .”

If you are so “tuned in to the facts” why is it that you disregard “the facts” about American policies in the middle-east since the 70s and our government/military/FBI/CIA persistently, misguidedly siding with, training and arming the extreme Islamists to fend off the “evil commies” in Russia? (“We” essentially sided with the arab tribes that were most religiostupified over the secular sects out of “our” extreme hatred and fear of communist Russia, Dee. The problem is much deeper than the fascistic, literalist, wahabbi/shia/hamas/hezzbolah imams justifying, rationalizing and promoting violent jihad on “the West.” )  McCleon (aka Mr. Victory for US only! Spread democracy and liberty by force! Or country is the Best-est, better than all the rest-est!) will continue with the same mistaken policies that have dug “us” deeper into the mess than need be. And Palin wants to tell you Dee, and all women what they can and can’t do with their own gametes, but you defend her just because she’s a woman. You keep saying people on this forum have you all “WRONG” but your fingers on the keyboard speak pretty LOUDLY. Only “two kinds of people” indeed. It’s these types of pronouncements that lead one to the conclusion that you are easily swayed by neo-con, “right-leaning” propagandistic “facts” and tactics.

And for the record, I never called you an american idiot, I merely asked you not to be one.

Try reading the works of objective researchers like the ones mentioned by myself, McCreason and Nhoj.

cool smile Some beams bear repeating:

the Beam: “I am sure that I will be called unpatriotic and I really do not care. I prefer to think of everyone as world citizens. Tribalism or patriotism, imo, is a great recipe for “us verses them” and the subsequent selfish actions which ultimately only benefit Halliburton and ExxonMobil. Due to technology, especially in communications and travel, borders are becoming more artificial. Politicians are not likely to win votes by trying to do what is in the best interest for the entirety of life on this blue marble. People want to know what is in it for them. Nevertheless, since the rise of nations, nationalism does not have a wonderful track record thus far.”

Spoken like an idealistic, optimistic existentialist… methinks wer’re ridin’ the same beam Beamer!

Signature 

Posted: 11 September 2008 05:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-08

Here’s another one:

http://www.brasschecktv.com/page/272.html

Signature 

Posted: 11 September 2008 06:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  950
Joined  2006-06-26

I liked this little comment on the page:

The Republicans managed to fraudulently put Bush in the White House - twice - and McCain is clearly a water boy for the War Party.

The War Party, what a fitting description. It should be made their official name.

Signature 

“We have it recorded in a book called the Bible.”

To be blunt, the Bible records all manner of silly shit.

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed