Conversational Intolerance
Posted: 29 October 2008 12:21 PM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  305
Joined  2008-10-08

After practicing conversational intolerance, I was toll by a higher-up that it was “mocking,” that mocking was “rude and pointless.”

Signature 

“There is undoubtedly an important secular debate to be had about the ethics of the death penalty…” -Sam Harris
“There is undoubtedly an important secular debate to be had about the ethics of embryonic stem cell research and abortion…” -Me

Jump through the Blackmun Hole!

Salt Creek has discovered the meaning of the first half of “Nulono”. Now, what language uses “nul” for zero?

Posted: 29 October 2008 12:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1646
Joined  2008-04-02
Nulono - 29 October 2008 04:21 PM

After practicing conversational intolerance, I was toll by a higher-up that it was “mocking,” that mocking was “rude and pointless.”

What point are you trying to make? Did you have to pay toll to a troll?

What “higher up” are you referring to?

Signature 

Real honesty is accepting the theories that best explain the actual data even if those explanations contradict our cherished beliefs.-Scotty

Posted: 29 October 2008 02:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2817
Joined  2005-04-29
Nulono - 29 October 2008 04:21 PM

Please post the higher-up’s screen name.

Signature 

Philosophy may in no way interfere with the actual use of language; it can in the end only describe it. For it cannot give it any foundations either. It leaves everything as it is.
Ludwig Wittgenstein

Posted: 29 October 2008 05:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-08

Not on this forum, obviously.

Signature 

“There is undoubtedly an important secular debate to be had about the ethics of the death penalty…” -Sam Harris
“There is undoubtedly an important secular debate to be had about the ethics of embryonic stem cell research and abortion…” -Me

Salt Creek has discovered the meaning of the first half of “Nulono”. Now, what language uses “nul” for zero?

Posted: 30 October 2008 05:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1632
Joined  2006-09-23
Nulono - 29 October 2008 09:26 PM

Not on this forum, obviously.

So what the hell is your point?

Signature 

“I will tell you with the utmost impudence that I esteem much more his Person, than his Works.”

(Dryden, St. Euremont’s Essays, 1692.)

Posted: 01 November 2008 06:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-08

The point is what’s the SN for?

Signature 

Posted: 05 November 2008 09:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  663
Joined  2008-05-22

Nulono, what exactly did you say, or what was the subject of discussion, that caused this “higher-up” to interpret your conversational intolerance as “mocking”?

‹‹ Pro-life Atheists      Euthanasia in Holland ››
RSS 2.0     Atom Feed