Thou shall not suffer a witch to live
Posted: 19 November 2008 06:22 AM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1814
Joined  2006-11-10

Don’t watch this video if you are faint of heart.

An interesting expose about ‘child witches’ in Nigeria.

Some familiar themes here:

Of course there is the ever-present clergy ripping off ignorant people and making their lives more miserable.

There is a nauseating Pentecostal bitch playing the race card.

As usual we can see that the wealth of a nation (in this case the oil wealth of Nigeria) goes only to a few corrupt assholes (sounds familiar?).

It is a real cluster-fuck of ignorance, poverty, superstition and good-old human selfishness and hatred.

6 parts, here’s the first.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUJSME0TORw&feature=PlayList&p=C5BA580C2A650FD6&index=0

Signature 

“You know I’m born to lose, and gambling is for fools.
But that’s the way I like it baby, I don’t want to live forever.”

From the autobiography of A.A.Mills, ‘The passage of time, according to an estranged, casual tyrant.’

Posted: 20 November 2008 09:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  949
Joined  2007-10-08

Don’t watch this video if you are faint of heart.

I wish you would’ve added: Don’t watch if you are in a particular cycle of the month.

I did get a good cry though.

The mother in one of the early segments wasn’t buyin’ what the preacher was servin’... I’m ebarassed to say I yelled at the screen for the other people to support this woman and shout that “preacher” outta there. I have hope that she and her accused son got away before anything bad happened.

The chief of police (the guy in the red robe) seemed to get it that “enlightenment” was needed… why doesn’t he send his officers to arrest the offending fucktard preachers?

I didn’t notice a way for americanos to help this wonderful bloke and his wife out with their shelter… did I just miss it?

Thanks for the link S-man, even if it did make me bawl like an estrogen-addled broad.

Signature 

“Proving the efficacy of a methodology without defining the word ‘efficacy’ can come back to bite you in the assertion.”—Salt Creek

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed