Restatement Of Christianity
Posted: 03 March 2011 08:11 PM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3765
Joined  2007-03-11

This forum is basically dead.  Most of the old posters here have moved to Project Reason, so not much is happening here. I’m not sure why this forum hasn’t been shut down.  However, since I’m number 2 on the all-time post list here, I thought I would make an encore appearance.

Christianity is very simple. It’s love one another and trust in Jesus. It’s that simple. Loving one another should be pretty self-evident. Trusting in Jesus is simply trusting in someone who has a greater understanding than you do. We do that all the time with our doctors, lawyers and accountants in their respective fields. It is, at its foundation, a very simple faith.

Posted: 04 March 2011 02:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  57
Joined  2010-09-19

Ruceb (or is it Bruce?)

This forum is basically dead.  . I’m not sure why this forum hasn’t been shut down.  However, since I’m number 2 on the all-time post list here, I thought I would make an encore appearance.

I totally agree with you, the forum is dead.  I guess just the basic idea of a completely secular approach to life is a dead end.

H

Posted: 06 March 2011 05:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2807
Joined  2005-04-29
Ruceb Lesnubro - 04 March 2011 01:11 AM

This forum is basically dead.  Most of the old posters here have moved to Project Reason, so not much is happening here. I’m not sure why this forum hasn’t been shut down.  However, since I’m number 2 on the all-time post list here, I thought I would make an encore appearance.

Christianity is very simple. It’s love one another and trust in Jesus. It’s that simple. Loving one another should be pretty self-evident. Trusting in Jesus is simply trusting in someone who has a greater understanding than you do. We do that all the time with our doctors, lawyers and accountants in their respective fields. It is, at its foundation, a very simple faith.

I know of someone whose IQ is in the neighborhood of 200. While on its surface, it’s a leafy, elegant neighborhood, the underside is less than pretty. I met this person through a friend, and the three of us spent an hour or two over coffee. To say that I know him is a stretch of the word exaggeration. Actually, I’ve met two people like this over the years.

I can’t help but wondering where these people go for advice about how to handle their problems. Just about everyone they talk to is mentally retarded in comparison to themselves. They are left to figure things out. It never surprises me when I hear about someone with super-intelligence losing their mind.

Sort of peaceful here, isn’t it, Bruce? And to think that just a couple of short years ago, it was something entirely different. What exactly, I can’t say.

Signature 

Philosophy may in no way interfere with the actual use of language; it can in the end only describe it. For it cannot give it any foundations either. It leaves everything as it is.
Ludwig Wittgenstein

Posted: 06 March 2011 09:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  492
Joined  2005-02-22

Mr. Rence Sourbulb is hardly qualified to hand out life and death over the internets. That job should be left to the professionals, like Mr. Markuze. Obviously, if Project Reason had not come along, we would still be here, solving the world’s mysteries the same twenty people at a time.

There are plans for a big blow-out here on the tenth anniversary and an even larger event for the twentieth. I cannot divulge more.

Perhaps if the movie version had been more successful, it might have prompted a sequel “The End of Faith II: The Wrath of God”  (It’s really cool… after a tense space battle, God explodes).

Remember, we begged them to leave all this here as an archive and a monument to our incredible postings (even some of Cousen Rubbler’s)… and we never know when will need to chase something down in here. So we can post it again for twenty more people. 

Many of the same folks who made this place buzz are carrying on at Project Reason. That’s what they told us we had to do. So we did. It takes more than a quick look to see past the daily chatter and the fast-moving projectile reasoning of a pseudo-intellectual pie-fight and find some wonderful long narratives that in ten or twenty posts from several different minds really add up to something. Apparently, that is lost on posters like Mr. B. U. “Uncleer” Orbs of Bulbous Reer, NC.

New Harris Forum posters are invited to join us at the sequel to this site… http://www.project-reason.org/forum/

Never mind the near hundred thousand bots that infest the membership… those in charge don’t. And they don’t post.

Our only celebrity poster is The Mabus. The rest are regulars joes, like Br. Reebus Cloun and his Sub-Uber-Uncle Rube Curbnosel here, who does occasionally go off his nut. Forum posting is the first sign of this happening.

[ Edited: 06 March 2011 09:38 AM by Nhoj Morley]
 Signature 

Delude responsibly.

Posted: 10 March 2011 10:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-03-10

thanks for the invitation. gonna check the site

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed