2 of 2
A Huge Leap In Human Evolution
Posted: 16 October 2012 11:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  119
Joined  2009-05-12

How do you figure? There’s nothing simpler than the group of stars that point out the sun’s point of intersection on the horizon. People have noticed and used this configuration for thousands of years, and it was of key importance to human survival for a good long while. That is a matter of no small importance.

That religions appropriated and reinterpreted such things is a matter of historical record. The process of uncurling the perverted fingers of religion from the historical record is only a small part of the process of divesting ourselves of this ancient sickness.

Posted: 17 October 2012 05:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  140
Joined  2012-08-11
gsmonks - 16 October 2012 11:45 PM

How do you figure? There’s nothing simpler than the group of stars that point out the sun’s point of intersection on the horizon. People have noticed and used this configuration for thousands of years, and it was of key importance to human survival for a good long while. That is a matter of no small importance.

That religions appropriated and reinterpreted such things is a matter of historical record. The process of uncurling the perverted fingers of religion from the historical record is only a small part of the process of divesting ourselves of this ancient sickness.

How do I figure?  I’ve just explained how, and why.  With my explanation, we actually have a significant connection.  With the explanation in this horrid movie, we are left with one key question: so what?  Why replace a sound explanation with one that is, at the end of the day, quite irrelevant. 

*shrugs*

Signature 

What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.
~ Hitch

I prefer the full-on embrace of reality to the spiritual masturbation that is religion.
~ S.A. Ladoucier

I think the world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people
~ M. Teresa, Fruitcake of Calcutta

2 of 2

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed