“Bad Translation”
Posted: 17 September 2012 02:49 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2012-09-15

I hear a lot of Christians (and a few muslims) say that God did not say that homosexuality is wrong. Seems to me god was very clear (I’m not a believer by the way) - Leviticus 18:22 “[A man] shall not lie with another man as [he would] with a woman, it is a to’eva”.

They claim it’s just bad translations or misrepresentations of what was said…..how you can misintrepret the above to mean anything other then being gay is wrong in the eyes of their god? to’eva can mean “abomination” or ” against nature” from what I understand…so what exactly is not being translated correctly?

Hoping someone has debated this point before and has a good response to this.

Posted: 17 September 2012 04:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  800
Joined  2010-11-12
xfinite - 17 September 2012 02:49 PM

I hear a lot of Christians (and a few muslims) say that God did not say that homosexuality is wrong. Seems to me god was very clear (I’m not a believer by the way) - Leviticus 18:22 “[A man] shall not lie with another man as [he would] with a woman, it is a to’eva”.

They claim it’s just bad translations or misrepresentations of what was said…..how you can misintrepret the above to mean anything other then being gay is wrong in the eyes of their god? to’eva can mean “abomination” or ” against nature” from what I understand…so what exactly is not being translated correctly?

Hoping someone has debated this point before and has a good response to this.

Why would you consider the Bible or Koran as a reference to anything other than histories of our barbaric past?

‹‹ Fundies cause Atheism?      The Moses Myth ››
RSS 2.0     Atom Feed