2 of 2
Jedi makes the census list
Posted: 14 February 2007 06:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1835
Joined  2006-03-26

[quote author=“switch”]I guess what works for Robert Tilton then works for the Jedi religion.  Oh, well.

“In God we trust!  All others, cash must pay!

Thank You Jesus!

Signature 

Bill Maher’s New Rule About Religious Tests for Office

Sam explains the difference between the belief in Elvis and belief in Jesus

Support the Separation of Church & State!
Freedom From Religion Foundation

Posted: 09 June 2007 12:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  107
Joined  2006-08-26

I guess I must be a Jewdi since I gladly follow the Jedi code but I refuse to aknowledge the divinity of the prequels. I would also gladly go to war over my belief that Carrie Fisher was ten times the woman Natalie Portman will ever be.

Posted: 29 August 2007 02:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2007-08-28
[quote author=“NobleSavage”]I’d be a “purist” Jedi: only New Hope, Empire and most of Jedi (up to but not including the Ewoks) count as the sacred revealed Word.

Yeah, I’d have to join you there, NobleSavage!  LOL

...but with the additional angle that those three films would have to be truly original, ie as they were before St George foolishly ‘touched them up’ and spoiled them…

And just think how sacred those original copies of the StarWars bubble-gum cards would become! And what if there was still a stick of rock-hard,  un-chewed pink bubble-gum attached! Oh, the Ecstasy! Oh, the Glory..!

Posted: 29 August 2007 03:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3208
Joined  2007-04-26

[quote author=“NobleSavage”]I’m predicting the first schism over whether or not the three prequills count as cannonical works or apocraphal. 

I’d be a “purist” Jedi: only New Hope, Empire and most of Jedi (up to but not including the Ewoks) count as the sacred revealed Word.

Will the group hold ritual effigy sacrifices of Jar Jar Binks?

I’m not really surprised that Star Wars would become a religion. The original trilogy borrowed from many religious myths as well as from Joseph Campbell’s ideas about those myths. It’s tempting to dismiss the Star Wars worshippers as simply aging, deluded geeks who desperately need to hear a Shatner-on-SNL-type of rant. But that would ignore the larger issue, which appears to be a natural human craving for meaning. Star Wars, like organized religion, is like junk food for that craving, momentarily filling but ultimately unsatisfying. The real meaning is one that the individual creates for his own life, instead of buying into the false meanings offered by self-serving demagogues and mythology-obsessed filmmakers.

Posted: 29 August 2007 04:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  626
Joined  2006-08-01
[quote author=“Carstonio”]But that would ignore the larger issue

The largest issue of them all is if Han shot first or not.
I say he did.  :D

I agree that the real meaning is what you create for your own life.
It’s like asking “what should the meaning of my life be?” rather than “what is the meaning of my life”

and furthermore, Han shot first.

Signature 

“If your original Hebrew disagrees with my original King James—- your original Hebrew is wrong.”—FSTDT

Posted: 29 August 2007 04:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5404
Joined  2006-09-27

It’s all a big conspiracy theory.

Boba Fett acted alone. As if you could call that acting.

Signature 

INVEST in cynicism!

Posted: 29 August 2007 07:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]  
Rank
Joined  2007-08-28

[quote author=“Storm”]

Oh, definately! :D

Posted: 29 August 2007 07:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  192
Joined  2007-05-28

[quote author=“mattriceten”][quote author=“Storm”]

Oh, definately! :D

Absolutely.  It was blasphemous to alter the digitally remastered movies to show Greedo shooting first.  Any changes to the original word of of the Jedi is immoral and will corrupt the pure and true message of the Force.

The alteration is just another attempt by the liberal, Hollywood elite to cast Han (peace be upon him) in a ‘meek and mild’ mercenary, rather than the shoot-first-take-no-prisoners mercenary all true believers know him to be.

Any true Jedi knows that and all who deny this truth is a heretic.

Posted: 30 August 2007 04:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]  
Rank
Joined  2007-08-28

Ah, Sambarge! The truth you speak!

I for one must be counted amongst the Most Pure of Jedis, for I distinctly remember standing up throughout the whole film, so taken by the Force was I! And this the original showing of the Film, (blessed be Sir Alec Guiness!) way back in 1977!(And only 4 years old I was!)

I am therefore Most Pure-a-Jedi, you will agree!

(even Remember the Hallowed Plastic Scent of HanSolo Action figure, do I!)

How I pity all those with less of a Memory of Such Great and Marvelous events, do I!

2 of 2

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed