2 of 2
Perhaps, this is misunderstood:
Posted: 21 April 2007 01:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1814
Joined  2006-11-10

[quote author=“PatriotsRU.S.”]The kingdom of the spirit holds wonders over wonders.
The visible universe, with which the human deals, is but a tiny spot within this wonderful, endless, spiritual intelligence of Creation.
Countless billion universes like this are held within the endless spiritual intelligence of Creation.
What is visible to the human’s physical eyes is but a tiny iota within endlessness.
What he cannot see with his eyes is immeasurable, inconceivable and unthinkable; it is confusing and unimaginable for his unspiritual human intelligence and (mental) capacity.
The entire universe which he sees is but one of many rooms and must be counted as myriads, because there are universes within universes, universes beyond universes, universes under universes, universes above universes and universes out of the universes within this ur -mighty, colossal and all-creative spiritual intelligence of the Creation’s existence.
And the human is connected with this mighty spirit, with these elemental powers of existence, Creation, spiritual intelligence, because a fragment of this spirit-intelligence Creation dwells within, and enlivens, the human as spirit.
Its (the spirit’s) power, its joy, its peace, its freedom, its wisdom, its knowledge and its ability are unimaginable for people that are spiritually ignorant, illogical; for critics and know-it-alls; for those dependent to religions; for degenerated ones and other persons that have been led astray.
And only a human who knows this truth and produces knowledge and wisdom and love from it, is a blessed human.
He knows the answer to the last questions of science, of philosophy, and also of the wondering human.
But in order to become such a blessed human it is required to search for and find the truth, to gain knowledge, wisdom and love from it, for the human is only able to spiritually grow in truth, knowledge, wisdom and love, whereby he will be freed from all human frailties.

Semjase

Hello patriot,

Your post reads more like a poem than a theory to me.
Nothing wrong with that, but this forum may not be the best platform for this. As you have already experienced, ( as have I ) flights of fancy and musings without scientific backing tend to draw blood here.

My only critique is that you speak of humans as if you aren’t one.

Signature 

“You know I’m born to lose, and gambling is for fools.
But that’s the way I like it baby, I don’t want to live forever.”

From the autobiography of A.A.Mills, ‘The passage of time, according to an estranged, casual tyrant.’

Posted: 27 April 2007 04:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  99
Joined  2007-04-17

The human, Semjase that expressed these words is from the constellation of Taurus the Bull, over 500 light years away. He is a Plejaran. If you think we are the only so called intellegent beings in this universe, believe what you think. As I think differently. I call it freedom of thought, even if it enslaves.

Posted: 28 April 2007 05:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2007-04-17

Jefe the big bangs exist endlessly, infinity. The allness is the oneness is the Truth.

Posted: 28 April 2007 05:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2168
Joined  2005-11-15
[quote author=“PatriotsRU.S.”]The human, Semjase that expressed these words is from the constellation of Taurus the Bull, over 500 light years away. He is a Plejaran. If you think we are the only so called intellegent beings in this universe, believe what you think. As I think differently. I call it freedom of thought, even if it enslaves.

Ah, another of Billy Meier’s flock among us. Fabulous. And one who apparently has a religious aversion to paragraph breaks.

We’ve already heard the “Jesus reincarnated as an alien deity” tale, PRUS, and we know about Billy’s fake, goofy pics. For those who missed the thread last year, Billy (via his press agent, forum member Michael812) claims that he snapped close-up pics of dinosaurs on another planet in a different timeline and dimension (yes, the aliens helped him accomplish space/time-travel and dimension-travel). Unfortunately for Billy, it was proven long ago that his pics were lifted directly from a magazine layout, then doctored.

Here’s the Plejaren nonsense thread. See P. 15 for entertainment’s sake:
http://www.samharris.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=997

Ultimately, we declared Billy’s minions to be profoundly dizzy in the head, in large part because they didn’t find that the discovery of fraud cast doubt on any of Billy’s other claims. It’s sort of like how Christians can, on the one hand, read in the Bible that God deems men ‘property’—property whose owner has every right to beat him within an inch of his/her life—while still insisting God is all-loving and worthy of our unconditional adoration.

So again, profoundly dizzy-headed, and I say that with all pity, having wandered the Realm of Dizzyland for much of my life.

In light of this, a question for any and all forum members: 

When a person believes things like the Billy Meier tale—specifically, that we MUST become disciples of Billy and his alien commanders, else our world is scheduled to parish, and we will lose the opportunity to transcend to some new ‘level’, to be like the Plejarens—do you really feel that the rest of what that person fervently believes should be taken seriously? They urge us to “do our homework” on the alien visitations, just as they urge us to do our 9/11, New World Order, airplane contrail conspiracy homework.

We’ve been admonished here by at least one man (MDBeach) who insists that a person’s religious beliefs (and this certainly qualifies) has nothing to do with their ability to logically analyze other premises and conspiracy theories. I disagree, at the moment. I realize we can compartmentalize our faith, so that it doesn’t taint every single thing we do or think in a given day, but I cannot escape my own memory of what a blithering idiot I was on the topic of all things supernatural. There’s no question now that intellectual honesty was not built into my original programming (I have had to cultivate it), and this tendency to believe without proof made me vulnerable to all variety of baseless crap. PRUS is an extreme example of this.

I’m not dogmatically skeptical now, but no longer get the least bit wide-eyed over fantastical claims. I once did, though, and recall how convinced I was (based on awe, wishful thinking and trust—not proofs). Therefore, since I come from a position of experience here—i.e. “it takes a former ninny to know a ninny”—I say that people who can be seduced by this sort of claim, without concern for the utter lack of evidence supporting it, can be convinced of just about anything. All their position indicates is that they have ‘faith’ in an idea, not that they have applied intellectual honesty to arrive at that position.

Signature 

Welcome to Planet Earth, where Belief masquerades as Knowledge!

This way to the Unasked Questions—->
<—- This way to the Unquestioned Answers

Posted: 28 April 2007 06:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1568
Joined  2006-03-02

I think that this much is true:  If a person believes in one fantastic supernatural claim, this does make them more susceptible to other fantastic beliefs.  People who believe wildly implausible things do not have a sufficiently developed skeptical faculty.

However, there is also the following phenomena:  Those who believe the socially or institutionally sanctioned supernatural dogmas are often only too eager to condemn the outlandish beliefs of others.  Frankr, for example, believes some very implausible things about Jesus; but he is always ready to dismiss as rubbish the (non-Christian) supernatural claims of others (Robert Monroe comes to mind).

So I think it does depend on how ardently one is connected to their supernatural beliefs.  Frank has his skeptical faculty well honed to criticize the mumbo-jumbo supernaturalism of new-agers, but he turns it off when it comes to the institutionally sanctioned fantastical claims of the Catholic Church.

Signature 

What do I care for a hell for oppressors? What good can hell do, since those children have already been tortured? And what becomes of harmony, if there is hell? I want to forgive. I want to embrace. I don’t want more suffering. And if the sufferings of children go to swell the sum of sufferings which was necessary to pay for truth, then I protest that the truth is not worth such a price.
-Ivan Karamazov

Posted: 29 April 2007 09:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2007-04-17

Mia
Do you think we are the only intelligent beings in the universe? yes or no. Please, do not justify your thinking, a simple yes or no answer will do.

Posted: 29 April 2007 09:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2007-04-17

Mia
Please, answer one more yes or no question. Its on Politics and Organizational Issues; History of 911 Conspiracy Theory; Justice System.
Are you for the Constitution or not? A simple yes or no will do.

[ Edited: 29 April 2007 10:38 AM by ]

Posted: 29 April 2007 10:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1243
Joined  2006-12-26

[quote author=“PatriotsRU.S.”]Mia
Do you think we are the only intelligent beings in the universe? yes or no. Please, do not justify your thinking, a simple yes or no answer will do.

Since an affirmative answer to this question yields no support whatsoever to the outlandish claims you make, why should anyone bother to give you an answer to it?

Posted: 29 April 2007 10:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2007-04-17

Is this Mia or someone else? I thought I asked Mia. The question has nothing to do with support. It has to do where a person is coming from. I specifically asked one person what they think, not what everybody thinks. The answer, yes or no, proves nothing, only insight. Show me where I have disrespected or belittled a person on this site for their religious belief.

Posted: 29 April 2007 10:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1243
Joined  2006-12-26

[quote author=“PatriotsRU.S.”]The human, Semjase that expressed these words is from the constellation of Taurus the Bull, over 500 light years away. He is a Plejaran. If you think we are the only so called intellegent beings in this universe, believe what you think. As I think differently. I call it freedom of thought, even if it enslaves.

Your stupid, unjustified assertions offended my intellect.
so I chose to respond.

Posted: 29 April 2007 04:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  313
Joined  2006-11-03

PatriotsRU.S.:  the allness is the oneness is the Truth?  Is that how it goes?  Sounds like something right out of one of my favorite pieces of literature—the Dr. Bronner’s ALL_ONE magical soap label.  Please go to your nearest healthfood store and buy a bottle and read the label right now.  You would love it.  You may have even written it.  There is something beautiful to me about the way you talk about oneness and truth and universes upon universes and so on.  But, there’s something not right about it, too.  I can’t exactly put my finger on it.  When I feel there’s something not right about something I trust my gut, and I withold judgement, and I think about it and talk about it, and listen to what other people have to say about it.  Mia, waltercat, arildno… thank you for doing your homework, and helping people like me keep it “real”  (as far as we can know what real is…)  The bottom line for me, I guess, is that if you believe in something that has no evidence, no proof, no objective measures in time, space or human experience… you could be in dangerous territory.  You could be a danger to yourself and you could be a danger to others.  Why PatsR.U.S. do you look to other intelligences that may or may not exist in the universe, when there is so much here on earth that needs tending to?

Posted: 01 May 2007 12:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2007-04-17

Can we agree that the Universe and infinity exist? If it Does, is it possible that an endless number of Universes exist within infinity in a endless cycle from dimensional to non-dimensional? Can I prove this? No. Can I explain the non-dimensional existence? No. As for the dimensional existence, I perceive it as random order. This is my thought of your question. What’s your thought?

Posted: 01 May 2007 01:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2007-04-17

My final thought is that energy in dimensional existence transforms into non-energy in non-dimensional existence. Its difficult expressing the thought muchless explaining it. That’s the best I can do, based on my level of intelligents and vocabulary. The concept is yen and yang, infinitely. Just trying to be honest with myself, based on my observations. Can we agree to disagree and remain equal? I can.

2 of 2

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed