12 of 12
Buddhism as a model?
Posted: 04 March 2008 05:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 166 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2927
Joined  2006-12-17
Sander - 04 March 2008 09:19 PM

Man ! I do not have my finger on the pulse of the more cynical wing of this forum.
I have been ducking under my desk for days and no verbal clusterbombs have been hurled through my screen.
That makes me feel confident to take it up a notch and explain in great detail my years-long experimentation with aroma-therapy, healing crystals and numerology.

Just let me know when you ladies and gents are ready.

Don’t get into the aroma therapy until I get the smellorama adaptation for my computer.

Posted: 28 March 2008 01:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 167 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1031
Joined  2007-12-04

I have another method that is guaranteed to bring you to that spiritual plateau…drop some acid.  It worked great when I was a kid.

Signature 

http://www.thehereticandthepreacher.com

Posted: 29 March 2008 08:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 168 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  531
Joined  2006-12-05
LogicAndReason - 28 March 2008 05:58 PM

I have another method that is guaranteed to bring you to that spiritual plateau…drop some acid.  It worked great when I was a kid.

Ever done it for a living? All you end up with is poor health and the same ignorance you started with.

You know what they say about shortcuts taking you to places you didn’t want to go….

[ Edited: 29 March 2008 08:54 AM by meloncolin]
 Signature 

“All Truth passes through Three Stages: First, it is Ridiculed…
Second, it is Violently Opposed…
Third, it is Accepted as being Self-Evident.”

- Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted: 07 April 2008 09:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 169 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  533
Joined  2006-07-14

George Carlin talked about doing acid. He said its a perfect drug. It brings you enlightenment and then tells you when its done with you. That was my experience with it too. It didn’t take me to a new spiritual plateau per se, but it brought my consciousness and understanding of things to a whole new level. It’s like the world is caked in bullshit, and when you take acid, all the bullshit crumbles and you see things for how they REALLY are.

Posted: 07 April 2008 09:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 170 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  262
Joined  2007-05-22

Rogerflat: 07 April 2008
It didn’t take me to a new spiritual plateau per se, but it brought my consciousness and understanding of things to a whole new level.  It’s like the world is caked in bullshit, and when you take acid, all the bullshit crumbles and you see things for how they REALLY are.

Yes, I agree. psychotropic substance-use raises the bar for the human ‘experience.’  And no one who has ever experienced them questions that.  I believe there is something most of us can gain from that experience.  As Terrence McKenna says, the psychotropic approach should not try to reach the most people like Timothy Leary suggests, but to reach the most important and influential.  The politicians, the research scientists, architects, writers, and especially the psychotherapists…

“I often use the metaphor that psychedelics are to psychology what telescopes in the sixteenth century were to astronomy.  If a person is not willing to look through the telescope he cannot call himself an astronomer.  And if a person is not willing to learn the lessons of the psychedelic compounds, then any therapy he or she does—anything done about the human psyche—is sand-boxed.”  [T. McKenna (1991), The Archaic Revival, p. 9]

Signature 

Something’s Moving.

~Albert Einstein

Posted: 21 April 2008 07:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 171 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  82
Joined  2006-11-25

Who is the first Western person who created the word “Buddhism” after learning about its teaching in the language from India ?

Why the word “Buddhism” is chosen instead of any other ?

Any person out there with superior intellect able to answer the above 2 questions ?

12 of 12

‹‹ How are we born?      Different Models ››
RSS 2.0     Atom Feed