1. Generally, conflicts are either between nations or between tribes.
2. Anti-semitism in Germany—just as anti-semitism in the rest of Europe—is based on nationalism. The Naziis translated that nationalism into a Master Race ideology.
3. Re Ireland and England: The conflict there is not really religious. England conquered Ireland. Catholic and Protestant are really the baseball caps identify the teams—Conqueror and Conquered.
4. The same is true for the Moslems in ex-Yugoslavia. They are hated because they are the descendents of those who sold out to the conqueror Turks.
5. Finally, I know of no historian who doubts the influence of religion in ending slavery in the US. In fact, John Brown begins his crusade with a public promise in Church.