The end of homeopathy?
Posted: 17 November 2007 07:07 AM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  842
Joined  2006-02-19

I thought I’d share this article with you all. Frankly, I’m tempted to print out multiple copies to hand out to anyone who tells me that they believe in homeopathy. He debunks it far more elegantly than I can.

http://www.badscience.net/2007/11/a-kind-of-magic/

Signature 

People have said that an infinite number of monkeys typing on an infinite number of keyboards would produce the works of Shakespeare, but the internet has shown this to be wrong.

Posted: 17 November 2007 09:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  805
Joined  2007-08-28

The US is so overfed that obesity is a national issue. Yet go into a drugstore, supermarket, or discount department store and look at the array of vitamins and supplements available. What are people thinking?

Posted: 17 November 2007 02:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  951
Joined  2007-06-23

I fully support homeopathic medicine as an agent of natural selection.

Signature 

He who is not a misanthrope at forty can never have loved mankind  -Chamfort

Posted: 05 December 2007 09:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  27
Joined  2007-12-05
mcalpine - 17 November 2007 02:49 PM

The US is so overfed that obesity is a national issue. Yet go into a drugstore, supermarket, or discount department store and look at the array of vitamins and supplements available. What are people thinking?

That’s just it, people aren’t thinking (logically).

Too bad most of them just don’t realize that weightloss, if you filter out the mental and emotional aspects of over-eating, is just simple math.

Caloric intake vs. rate of caloric burn.  If you consume more energy than you burn you gain weight.

‹‹ Contemporary art.      Ken Wilber on God ››
RSS 2.0     Atom Feed
newrelic.loglevel = "verbosedebug" newrelic.daemon.loglevel = "verbosedebug"