Dueling Crazy
Posted: 05 February 2009 05:28 AM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3255
Joined  2004-12-24

Lord Brain Sputum, the feared high priest of the nomadic Virus of the Mind Cult, appears suddenly and unleashes a relentless surprise attack on the entire local Guild of the Anesthetized Mind at one of their weekly meetings, successfully ensnaring every guild member in his viscous, pestilent spooey (save for a few monks who are bound by the law of the land from using any of their powerful defensive skills). At long last, as the monks impotently call out to absent authorities for help, a high level cleric recovers his will and blesses the guilders, freeing a bard to sing one of the guild’s most powerful cognition-dampening chants. It works! The mesmerizing effects of the spooey are neutralized by sufficient numbness of mind! As the guilders detach themselves from the sputum, a few at a time, they join in on the bard’s cantrip, with which they’re all so intimately familiar as their numb, droning refuge against all unhappy stimuli. Finally they slowly manage to build up an effective retaliation and eventually overcome the powerful evil cleric with a coordinated mind-number attack—the guild’s devastating signature power. The guild is saved!

Here’s now it all actually happened:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=vNG5ILNWwik&feature=related

[ Edited: 05 February 2009 05:43 AM by SkepticX]
 Signature 

“We say, ‘Love your brother…’ We don’t say it really, but… Well we don’t literally say it. We don’t really, literally mean it. No, we don’t believe it either, but… But that message should be clear.”—David St. Hubbins

Posted: 05 February 2009 09:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1891
Joined  2007-12-19

Isn’t one of the signs of the ‘End of Days’ that jeebus followers will start popping their corks en masse?

Signature 

“This is it. You are it.”

- Jos. Campbell

Posted: 05 February 2009 10:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1539
Joined  2006-12-04

Many Catholic comment-posters are aghast:

Pot calling kettle black:

I’m a Catholic seminarian and I strongly believe we should challenge these ignoramuses firmly instead of standing around limply letting them get away with it. My father (both my parents are Irish) would have got up and decked that guy.

Assignment to Hell:

I don’t know but he’s definitely going to hell for condemning the church founded by Christ himself.

Confusing different types of nonsense with each other:

This man might be tolerable once, or twice, but he just about stopped the word of God from being preached The gospel was just about to be read in this Church. He is screaming against his own worship source - the bible.

But xliolix had it right:

the funny thing is all these crazy Christians were most likely agreeing with everything this mad man said if he would not have been yelling they would have thought he was smart.

Signature 

“The hands that help are better far than the lips that pray.”
          — Robert G. Ingersoll

Posted: 06 February 2009 10:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1763
Joined  2006-08-20
SkepticX - 05 February 2009 10:28 AM

Lord Brain Sputum, the feared high priest of the nomadic Virus of the Mind Cult, appears suddenly and unleashes a relentless surprise attack on the entire local Guild of the Anesthetized Mind at one of their weekly meetings, successfully ensnaring every guild member in his viscous, pestilent spooey (save for a few monks who are bound by the law of the land from using any of their powerful defensive skills). At long last, as the monks impotently call out to absent authorities for help, a high level cleric recovers his will and blesses the guilders, freeing a bard to sing one of the guild’s most powerful cognition-dampening chants. It works! The mesmerizing effects of the spooey are neutralized by sufficient numbness of mind! As the guilders detach themselves from the sputum, a few at a time, they join in on the bard’s cantrip, with which they’re all so intimately familiar as their numb, droning refuge against all unhappy stimuli. Finally they slowly manage to build up an effective retaliation and eventually overcome the powerful evil cleric with a coordinated mind-number attack—the guild’s devastating signature power. The guild is saved!

Here’s now it all actually happened:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=vNG5ILNWwik&feature=related

Very well written Byron! Reminds me of Dylan’s, 11 outlined epitaphs.

Signature 

The ants are my friends, they’re blowing in the wind, the ants are blowing in the wind.

Dog is my co-pilot

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed