No email notifications
Posted: 17 May 2009 12:48 PM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1587
Joined  2006-10-20

Whoever can do it, please fix the broken email notification.  It has not worked for about two weeks.

Signature 

“All extremists should be killed!” - neighbor’s bumper sticker

Posted: 30 May 2009 11:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  949
Joined  2007-10-08

I second skipshot’s motion.

Are there specific reasons for killing this forum in favor of its offspring?

It’s not that change is difficult, that’s the nature of all things… however, aren’t two forums better than one? Kinda like Certs…. it’s two mints in one. Very refreshing.

Does one close down one bar and grill just because it opened a new one? 

Can we put it up to a vote… or is it a matter of cash flow? We don’t want Sam to go broke just so we can banter on two sites instead of just one.

Signature 

“Proving the efficacy of a methodology without defining the word ‘efficacy’ can come back to bite you in the assertion.”—Salt Creek

Posted: 31 May 2009 04:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1835
Joined  2006-03-26

If this forum was going to be closed down, why havent they done it already? And I only found out about the other forum when you mentioned it in another post of this type. Not only are there not email notifications of replies, but none were issued to let anyone know about the new forum. At least I didn’t see anything, but I admit I don’t check the front page of this site that often.

Signature 

Bill Maher’s New Rule About Religious Tests for Office

Sam explains the difference between the belief in Elvis and belief in Jesus

Support the Separation of Church & State!
Freedom From Religion Foundation

Posted: 02 June 2009 12:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  949
Joined  2007-10-08

I received an e-mail notification (at my yahoo address) for The Reason Project even prior to its official start-up and posted in one of the earliest forum threads. I also received three separate e-mails for TRP in the last three weeks or so… so I don’t know what the ‘splanation is.

I just wish they’d re-enable the notifications for this forum until they decide.

rab, you’re an Admin. over there, can’t you find out if they’ll even put it up to a vote as to whether to keep both forums or not? I think my Certs argument is a pretty good one… (the new site can have Josh but we get Bad Rabbit!)

But as I said, if it’s a matter of cash flow… I guess this forum is eventually doomed I tell ya, DOOOOmed!

Signature 

“Proving the efficacy of a methodology without defining the word ‘efficacy’ can come back to bite you in the assertion.”—Salt Creek

Posted: 02 June 2009 05:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-03-26

I’m not sure what being an administrator entails over there. I didn’t ask for the job but I assume that means I’m a moderator. I became a moderator here only to delete spam before the new software took care of the issue.

I like the fact that we can be more free to speak our minds here. The new forum may be more censored. I would like both to continue. But I have no idea who to ask. I don’t think Sam will respond to an inquiry about it and I wouldn’t want to bother him. It would be nice to know who Sam paid or hired to get this one up and running.

Signature 

Posted: 10 June 2009 06:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1639
Joined  2007-12-20
rab - 02 June 2009 09:20 PM

I like the fact that we can be more free to speak our minds here. The new forum may be more censored. I would like both to continue. But I have no idea who to ask. I don’t think Sam will respond to an inquiry about it and I wouldn’t want to bother him. It would be nice to know who Sam paid or hired to get this one up and running.

Have you tried contacting the administrator at TRP and pose the question to him about this forum? 

I feel like I’m living in a parallel universe which is kinda cool but I do miss the email notifications.

Lindajean

Signature 

“Every war is a war against children.”
Howard Zinn

Posted: 12 June 2009 06:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-03-26

I haven’t inquired about this board being closed down. I doubt anyone knows for sure.

Signature 

Posted: 29 June 2009 09:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2922
Joined  2006-06-15
rab - 02 June 2009 09:20 PM

The new forum may be more censored.

(Andrew):  Doesn’t appear to be.

Signature 

“Another flaw in the human character is that everybody wants to build and nobody wants to do maintenance.”—Kurt Vonnegut

Posted: 22 July 2009 01:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  497
Joined  2006-06-15
Skipshot - 17 May 2009 04:48 PM

It has not worked for about two weeks.

Only two weeks from May 17? I gave up posting on this forum around November last year because I wasn’t getting notified, and couldn’t remember what I’d said or where. Came back a week ago to see if the site was still up.

If everyone has to transfer to TRP because this site is being mothballed, we will have to go over all the same ground again. Mind you there is a tendency for that to happen here. (I think I may have said that before. Ha ha.)

But I think it would be a good thing, I’m all for it. Can we invite The Champion?

Fond regards to all

Dirk

Signature 

Affiliation creates division. Friendship is better than membership.

Posted: 30 July 2009 09:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1221
Joined  2008-07-20

HAL!  Start the frigging email notifications!

Signature 

“I am one of the few people I know who has argued in print that torture may be an ethical necessity in our war on terror.”  Sam Harris October 17, 2005

Posted: 30 July 2009 11:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2136
Joined  2006-02-20
teuchter - 30 July 2009 01:53 PM

HAL!  Start the frigging email notifications!

Don’t raise your voice Dave.  Come back inside.

Signature 

“The simple fables of the religious of the world have come to seem like tales told to children.”  - Nobel Prize recipient - Francis Crick

“It is time we recognized the boundless narcissism and self-deceit of the saved.” - Sam Harris

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed